Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >

advertisement

Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #21
QueenOfStars
QueenOfStars has no updates.

4 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Exercise

I know what you mean. I have the same feeling whenever I finish my exercise.
QueenOfStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 08-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #22
Anonymous59898
Anonymous59898 has no updates. Edit

How's everyone doing over the summer?

I have had ups and downs, not swimming in a while but biking to work regularly and trying to run at least 3 times a week.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #23
CepheidVariable
Grand Member

CepheidVariable is always lonely so pardon any rambling

1,625 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabsprout View Post
How's everyone doing over the summer?
Well, I guess now would be a good time for me to jump into this thread, since it's been re-awakened.

I started seriously exercising back at the start of May after having one of the worst depression and emotional relapses in years. And I've stuck with it. Which is amazing considering how much I hate exercise.

It's pretty routine, so I don't really have enough interesting to say daily. But I'll try to pop in here every few days.

Today is weights day. Done at home with dumbells. And some additional core exercises and light stretching at the end.

Quote:
I have had ups and downs, not swimming in a while but biking to work regularly and trying to run at least 3 times a week.
Swimming would be nice, but inconvenient around here. And although I'm looking pretty good these days with my clothes on, there's this paunch hiding under the shirt. And um, does anyone know where I can get some 1910-era style swimwear?
CepheidVariable is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 08-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #24
CepheidVariable
Grand Member

1,625 hugs
given

Today was one of my exercise classes, at the community centre in town.

These are the days that keep me going. I've mentioned elsewhere that I need the motivation of attending a class where one or two people expect to see me. But there's only two classes I can manage to attend per week. So I'm forced to unenthusiastically supplement with solo workouts. I did my cardio over the weekend. My motivation there is that the home workouts are needed to survive the harder classes.
Hugs from:
Old 08-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #25
Anonymous59898

I do better with other people too, I try to get to my running club when I can but more runs are solo than not - I am planning to run with a friend tomorrow.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 08-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #26
CepheidVariable
Grand Member

1,625 hugs
given

Everything is all over the place lately.

My schedule was messed up due to a visit, so I did weights on the day before the hard class. Which I don't like to do because of recovery and all. But it was getting to be too long since the last time. Then, the next day the class was cancelled anyways. So I did cardio instead. The day after that I went to a different high intensity class I've never done before, which was at least a change but I felt kind of rubbish about how I did. I wanted to do weights again today because it's the last day I can squeeze it in, but I'm too sore and have only done some stretching.

Now I'll be away from home for a week and need to keep exercising during that time. So I'll have to improvise.

Self-care is a very pesky effort sometimes.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #27
Anonymous59898

Sounds like you are doing lots Cepheid, good for you trying a new class - new things are always harder in my experience. I think you are doing great keeping active.

I ran Weds but felt tired and my pace was so slow, not sure why, had couple of rest days and going to run tomorrow. Other than that a couple of walks and cycling to work.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #28
Teddy Bear
Poohbah

Teddy Bear has no updates.

My Mood: Daily Exercise

3 yr Member
1,016 hugs
given

Keep up the good work
Hugs from:
Old 08-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #29
CepheidVariable
Grand Member

1,625 hugs
given

Well, oddly enough, I got two weight training days in while away over the last week. And a bunch of three-quarter hour walks. So not really any heart pumping stuff, but I kept active at least. After having to take yesterday off, I got back into things by doing my normal cardio routine today.

Quote:
Sounds like you are doing lots Cepheid, good for you trying a new class - new things are always harder in my experience. I think you are doing great keeping active.
Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement.

Lest I sound like some kind of fitness super-guy, I'll admit that I don't push myself very hard during the solo stuff, but I figure consistency is more important than gain. That's particularly so when one of my big motivators is mood stabilization. If I have more than a day of inactivity, it's so easy for 2 days to become 3 and so on until I fall off the wagon. Darn wagon should have siderails.

Quote:
I ran Weds but felt tired and my pace was so slow, not sure why, had couple of rest days and going to run tomorrow. Other than that a couple of walks and cycling to work.
Good for you. Like I said, I find it helps so much to just keep doing anything at all.
Hugs from:
Old 08-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #30
Anonymous59898

Lol, yes I could do with siderails on my waggon too.

I agree consistency is important, I am trying to stick with 3 runs a week at the moment and just got a place for a half marathon in a few weeks which I know I can do, just not as fast as I once could. Like you mood stabilisation is the main aim so just completing will be enough for me.

Let's keep on that waggon.
"Thanks for this!" says: