Community Support Team

splitimage has no updates.

My Mood: Weight Loss and exercise

10 yr Member
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Weight Loss and exercise

I've been overweight all my adult life, but didn't really care. Now as I'm in my mid 40's, I'm starting to think about mobility issues as I get older, so i got serious about losing weight, and starting to exercise.

I found out about a program in my community that lets me see a dietitian for free, so I started seeing her in Aug. or Sept. I can't remember exactly. At that point I weighed 218 lbs.

I've been following the calorie target and eating plan we put together with a few slips over the holidays and when I weighed myself today I'm down to 198. That's 20 lbs! And it's the first time I've been under 200 lbs since 2007.

Now I'm trying to add in exercise. My goal is to walk for 15 minutes a day, and I'm trying to get into a free yoga program that would start in March, and I'm trying to decide if I can afford to take a tai-chi class. May let that wait until the summer. I know walking for 15 minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, I'm very out of shape.

I'm going to use this thread to track my weight loss and exercise progress.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favorite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

As some of you may know, my blog is currently off-line due to some problems at my previous site host. I'm working with my web master to rebuild and get back on-line.
splitimage is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #2
Nix
Veteran Member

Nix has no updates.

3 yr Member
36 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Weight Loss and exercise

Congratulations on getting below 200!
Nix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #3
Anonymous37782
Anonymous37782 has no updates. Edit

How did you find the free dietician in your community?
Old 01-09-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
splitimage
Community Support Team

10 yr Member
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hi Mrs. Joggers,

I live in a low income neighbourhood, that is considered under serviced for health services, so the government, in partnership with a private health care organization, put in a community health hub. They have family Dr's, for people who don't have a family Dr., and diabetes clinics, and dietitians that you can see for free if you're overweight. My mental health case manager told me about the service.

But remember, I'm in Canada, and we have public healthcare, although dietitians aren't usually covered, so it's a very different system up here.

spltimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favorite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

As some of you may know, my blog is currently off-line due to some problems at my previous site host. I'm working with my web master to rebuild and get back on-line.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:51 AM   #5
Lavender.
Community Support Team

Lavender. has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,397 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Good luck. I have recently started my diet too.
Lavender. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
splitimage
Community Support Team

10 yr Member
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Haven't updated this thread in a while. I put 6 lbs back on, but then managed to lose 4 of them, so I'm back to 200 lbs, and have been holding there steadily for a couple of weeks. It's so easy for old bad eating habits to creep back in.

Haven't managed to convince myself to start walking yet - I'm having some pain in my right leg, that I need to see my Dr. about. But it's also part laziness, I can't seem to get motivated.

Going to place a grocery order this week, and I'll order in some fresh salad stuff and lots of fruit to help with the getting back on healthy eating track..

splitimage

Old 02-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #7
Anonymous37782
Anonymous37782 has no updates. Edit

Good job splitimage! Its about progress not perfection
Old 02-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #8
Nix
Veteran Member

Nix has no updates.

3 yr Member
36 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hi splitimage... Glad to see you are working toward your goal. Slowly but surely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #9
Hairball

Hairball has no updates.

3 yr Member
297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You order your food?
Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #10
splitimage
Community Support Team

10 yr Member
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hairball, yes, I order my food. I don't have a car, and I don't really have any grocery stores that are close by bus, plus lugging groceries on public transit is a pain.

So there's a grocery store here that delivers. They have a huge on-line website with pretty much everything in the store on it. You pick what you want, and then pick a two hour window for them to deliver it in. You can either pay by credit card, or by debit card at the door. The service fee is $10, which is less than a cab home would cost. It's a fantastic service. I've been using them for years.

splitimage