Magnate
Tucson Anxious and a bit paranoid

My Mood: Weight Loss and exercise

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Weight Loss and exercise

@UpDownAround: I have used peanut oil before in high temperature cooking. It has a much higher flashpoint than other oils. Frequently I use a cast iron skillet with this.

I weigh 171 pounds today. I am getting frustrated. I need to gain some weight. I had MFP reevaluate the day-to-day caloric intake I need to gain at least a pound a week. This is aside from any exercising. The caloric requirements turns out to be 2,820 calories. So I will cut my exercise down to walking two miles a day, and see if I can come up with the caloric intake that I need. Walking two miles can add up to 200 or more calories a day. Perhaps one icecream shake with protien powder can help? Also perhaps relying on more fried foods can help too?

I am looking at previous calorie rich food diaries to see where the calories came from. Here are some examples: Papa Johns pizza, chocolate shakes, cocos pie, home made maccaroni and cheese, Dennys $2 pancakes with butter, french toast, home made pancakes, potatoe pancakes with apple sauce, tomatoe soup spiked with cream, some of TJs dinners, some Bertolli (sp) meals, and PF Changs meals. I am sure the snacking will help too like my trail mix and the fun sized candy bars. So I am going to include at one to two of these items for each day. Today, it will be Dennys pancakes, and a slice of pie.

Last edited by Tucson; 07-11-2018 at 01:24 PM..

advertisement
Old 07-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #572
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

492 hugs
given

@Tucson - Go get or make some hush puppies. Just over 3 calories per gram; it's almost like eating sugar (except it is other carbs and fat). 512 calories per cup 9152g) according to USDA.
|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder
|lamictal, wellbutrin, straterra
|
Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #573
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
41 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I weighed 161 today. I knew the 163 was a fluke. Today wasnít too bad. I had a large tub of popcorn and a hot dog, but for dinner I just had fruit. Iím hoping it somewhat balances it out and I maintain the 161.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #574
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

492 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDownAround View Post
@Tucson - Go get or make some hush puppies. Just over 3 calories per gram; it's almost like eating sugar (except it is other carbs and fat). 512 calories per cup 9152g) according to USDA.
that should have read 512 calories per cup (152g)
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|
Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #575
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

492 hugs
given

Paddled 7+ miles. I was planning to paddle a little further but some dark clouds moved in. Accepted Strava's 1000+ calories without editing; probably a little high.

2711 calories. A bunch were rolled forward, like 900 or so. So there were really less than 2000 new calories. Well, except that I rolled 275 into tomorrow. So tomorrow I really do need to ratchet down and stop eating so much. I think I need to go back into weight loss mode and get into the low 150s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meals.jpg (102.0 KB, 1 views)
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|
Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 AM   #576
Tucson
Magnate
Tucson Anxious and a bit paranoid

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Laugh Re: Weight Loss and exercise

@UpDownAround: I could not find hushpuppies in the store. So I will have to see how to make them at home. It looks like these will be easy to make. I just have to purchase corn meal. It has been a long time since I have used corn meal.

Well, I had to initialize my watch. So I suspect I made about 5,000 steps today. I walked at a moderate pace for about a couple miles. I will use 95 calories a mile, so I have burned approximately 190 calories. This together with my new baseline of 2,820 calories makes for a target of 3,010 calories. Yah, right! I may have to establish a more realistic baseline, like something around 2,500 calories. With exercise, a likely target would turn out to be up to 2,700 calories. I think this may be more doable to me in the future. Anyways, I have consumed 2,780 calories. This is 240 calories short. I simply cannot consume anymore food. I used some high calorie foods, and ate until I could not eat anymore. So this is my highest in calories, and will remain so. I would have to resort to fast food in order to do better than this. I am too lazy to make any higher calorie foods like fried breaded chicken, together with good rich pasta sauce, and with allot of melted cheese on top. This would be expensive too. Yum!

I made a new dessert. I made a fruit compote to pour onto lemon cake. Homemade whipped cream tops it off. The compote is made in my case by taking a cup of blueberries, placing them in a pan with a small amount of water, adding a couple tablespoons of sugar, and then simmer in order to reduce it to a syrup. The berries will soften and break up while simmering. I use a potatoe masher to hasten this process. The sweeter kind of biscuits and angel food cake both can work too. The syrup itself will amount to about 175 calories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg food diary jul 11, 2018.jpeg (160.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Tucson; 07-12-2018 at 02:39 AM..
Old 07-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #577
Cocosurviving
Elder

Cocosurviving Anxiety go away

5 yr Member
274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

MFP calories 1,034 Water intake 33oz

Twitter: @cocosurviving
Cocosurviving.wordpress.com
Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #578
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
41 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I decided to start intermittent fasting. Iím doing the 18/6 one. Where you fast for 18 hours and then eat for 6 hours. I plan on eating just two decent size meals a day. I plan on having my first meal at 12:30 and my second meal at 6:30PM. Today I took my geodon at 6. By 7:30 I was ravenous. I had no food though, and no option to go on break. All I could do was wait it out. My hunger actually went away, and I was fine until 12:30. I had some Taco Bell that was 580 calories. We are going out to dinner. I plan on getting the steak entree that has 640 calories. So total it will be 1,200 total.

I just want to try this out. Iíve heard itís healthy, safe and works great for weight loss.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #579
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

492 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozdickens View Post
I decided to start intermittent fasting. Iím doing the 18/6 one. Where you fast for 18 hours and then eat for 6 hours. I plan on eating just two decent size meals a day. I plan on having my first meal at 12:30 and my second meal at 6:30PM. Today I took my geodon at 6. By 7:30 I was ravenous. I had no food though, and no option to go on break. All I could do was wait it out. My hunger actually went away, and I was fine until 12:30. I had some Taco Bell that was 580 calories. We are going out to dinner. I plan on getting the steak entree that has 640 calories. So total it will be 1,200 total.

I just want to try this out. Iíve heard itís healthy, safe and works great for weight loss.
Total calories consumed versus total burned is what works. Meal timing has no effect, but if the eating schedule of IF makes it easier to stick to the goal then it helps you lose weight.
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|
Old 07-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #580
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

492 hugs
given

Walked 7 miles. Edited to accept only 40 calories per mile for 280 total.

1867 calories, some actually from yesterday.

I will weigh in the morning. My guess is 158 and change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meals.jpg (104.1 KB, 2 views)
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|
Closed Thread