Blue_Bird
Legendary

Blue_Bird is feeling great!

My Mood: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

5 yr Member
4,797 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

Hope everyone is doing okay

I'm doing well, using positive affirmations and coping/working against the thoughts that urge me to restrict
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #522
Blue_Bird
Legendary

5 yr Member
4,797 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
Learned this in therapy long ago and have been doing it again when I'm laying in bed and can't sleep. Often I fall asleep doing it:

Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

I've done progressive muscle relaxation before, it's very helpful. This is a good reminder, I haven't used it in a long time
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #523
Blue_Bird
Legendary

5 yr Member
4,797 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Forgot to post this, I got this paper and little pad the other day, I'm going to use it next time I go grocery shopping to help guide me

Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #524
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Blueberrybook has no updates.

73 hugs
given

Haven't been around much, having problems staying current with forum posts.

I'm still here, still mixed, maybe a little manic.

Yesterday, I ran much less though it was because I spent nearly 3 hours in the dentist's chair getting the initial workup for 2 crowns. I have temporary crowns now until the permanent ones come in, which is usually 2-3 weeks. My lower left jaw is killing me especially as one of the teeth had a large hole where a filling fell out too when the tooth broke. Ugh. That visit cost $1300 (including the permanent crowns). I have another appt. to go back to get the setup for the needed crown on top (another $650). That tooth already has a crown, but decay has set in under it, and if the crown is not replaced, it will become a root canal situation. And these costs are with dental insurance (which pays half the cost for major work). You could buy a used car for this price. My first car at 16 years old cost $500, though, obviously, for that price it was not top-of-the-line and did not have AC (which is not great living in this climate).

Ran more today and walked too. Not good. Did have some cake without too much worry (yesterday was H's birthday). Totally sick of this stupid ED.
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #525
Arbie
Poohbah

Arbie has no updates.

285 hugs
given

There are barriers beyond my control making it more difficult for me to lose weight. Dietitian spelled them all out for me. Well, that's frustrating. I can be doing everything right, follow the program to the letter, and it still doesn't work.
Arbie is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #526
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

LucyD Spring is coming..yay

3 yr Member
1,633 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Forgot to post this, I got this paper and little pad the other day, I'm going to use it next time I go grocery shopping to help guide me

Great images bb. I'm doing a lot of combatting negative thoughts. Been doing this a long time but still need it much of the time especially when hard times happen. You are doing so good with what you are doing. I am using the SMART Recovery Workbook for dealing with all addictions including food. I don't think I'll ever perfect it all, it's something to work on when necessary.
LucyD is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #527
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,633 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
Haven't been around much, having problems staying current with forum posts.

I'm still here, still mixed, maybe a little manic.

Yesterday, I ran much less though it was because I spent nearly 3 hours in the dentist's chair getting the initial workup for 2 crowns. I have temporary crowns now until the permanent ones come in, which is usually 2-3 weeks. My lower left jaw is killing me especially as one of the teeth had a large hole where a filling fell out too when the tooth broke. Ugh. That visit cost $1300 (including the permanent crowns). I have another appt. to go back to get the setup for the needed crown on top (another $650). That tooth already has a crown, but decay has set in under it, and if the crown is not replaced, it will become a root canal situation. And these costs are with dental insurance (which pays half the cost for major work). You could buy a used car for this price. My first car at 16 years old cost $500, though, obviously, for that price it was not top-of-the-line and did not have AC (which is not great living in this climate).

Ran more today and walked too. Not good. Did have some cake without too much worry (yesterday was H's birthday). Totally sick of this stupid ED.
It's so nice to see you BBB. I relate to the teeth problems a lot. I give you a lot of credit! I'm still too scared to go because I need a root canal. I just don't think I can sit still for that so long. Cake sounds yummy. I had some cheesecake the other day and man was it good. I was able to control not eating all that I got.

I know how discouraging it can be dealing with all the issues we have. I just do what I can and sometimes it's my best and sometimes it's not.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #528
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,633 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbie View Post
There are barriers beyond my control making it more difficult for me to lose weight. Dietitian spelled them all out for me. Well, that's frustrating. I can be doing everything right, follow the program to the letter, and it still doesn't work.
My initial reaction to what doctors and other health people tell me is to be overwhelmed then I let it sink in. I don't know all your health concerns but I feel you can do it! We all "got this" and just don't know it yet. Like Mickey always says we are all stronger than we think.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #529
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,633 hugs
given

I'm trying to tune in to the positive in my life when there is a lot negative. I noticed when I do then I do better. So many things we may not be able to deal with yet or again or at this time. I just am trying to see the best...for what it's worth.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #530
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,633 hugs
given

I have many days that don't go well so I really like this:

"Thanks for this!" says: