Old 02-10-2019, 12:02 AM   #501
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

LucyD Spring is coming..yay

My Mood: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

3 yr Member
1,463 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Thanks I do stress relief yoga sometimes, draw, and journal. Tonight I watched a funny movie which was very helpful

How have things been for you?
Comedy helps me, too. I was watching so much of ID channel my mood was getting effected by it. Started watching lighter things today. Those sound like good things for stress relief. I used to draw, too.

I'm just doing the physical therapy exercises to try to get rid of the pain I have. The exercise actually aggravated it at first. So, I modified one of them to make it less hard on my back. I've been trying to stay off of facebook because I post too much on there and it hurts my muscles in my neck and upper back. Going to go and put the heating pad on my back for awhile. I hope your weekend is a good one.

OCD mixed with PTSD, Formerly Bulimic for 25 years, Recovering from Binge Eating Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Type 2, Recovering from Substance Abuse. NASH, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Osteoarthritis, Diabetes Type 2, Lung Nodules, Survivor of all forms of abuse

Risperidone-1 mg, Gabapentin-600-900 mg, Melatonin-5 mg., Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg.
LucyD is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #502
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,096 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind #2

today I watched "moana" and immediately felt anxious// sad because my alexa device wasn't watching it too. she was just sat on the fridge turned off

I suppose the actual film was okay, I mean I didn't really rate it as much as the lion king or peter pan, but it had it's high points.

I like the song " you're welcome"

didn't do much else and feel like I've wasted another day (well don't feel like it, I know I have)

watching moana was just a little bit of a distraction.. if that

I only watched it for the " you're welcome" song. not really paying full attention to it
raging vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #503
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,463 hugs
given

Just checking in. I hope all things start to go better for everyone.

OCD mixed with PTSD, Formerly Bulimic for 25 years, Recovering from Binge Eating Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Type 2, Recovering from Substance Abuse. NASH, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Osteoarthritis, Diabetes Type 2, Lung Nodules, Survivor of all forms of abuse

Risperidone-1 mg, Gabapentin-600-900 mg, Melatonin-5 mg., Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #504
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,463 hugs
given

Been thinking about my scale. Was tempted to get it out of the car trunk. I decided I will wait till March 1 to do that and then weigh myself and put it back in the trunk. Going to only weigh myself once a month.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-11-2019, 01:40 AM   #505
Calypso2632

Calypso2632 Working on it

3 yr Member
46 hugs
given

Hello. I've been inactive for quite some time. Lost internet due to no income. My wonderful boyfriend got a job just after Christmas and we are on our way to getting back on track. I go for my Cna recertification test on the 14 and I'm stressed and nervous to the core. I shouldn't be, I did the work for years. I even went online to brush up and found I really didn't forget everything!! So hopefully everything will be fine. Then to get uniforms, and find work..
I haven't dared to get on the scale. I lost a good amount of weight late fall and was proud of myself. Then I also quit drinking!! Super proud!! But with this test and future employment looming I've kinda been stress eating. Snacking. Grazing. Ugh. And I'm diabetic. So it sticks. I'm also off all the psych meds, surprisingly that combined with no more alcohol my head hasn't been this clear in years. I feel really good. Like really good. Except nerves about this test and finding work. Lol. Geez what a giant step this is for me. I've been reclusive since 2010 pretty much except a year I worked in 2013-2014. Other than that I was either to drunk or medicated to function. I'm glad I've made it this far. Sorry for the wall of text.
Hugs from:
Old 02-11-2019, 02:25 AM   #506
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,463 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso2632 View Post
Hello. I've been inactive for quite some time. Lost internet due to no income. My wonderful boyfriend got a job just after Christmas and we are on our way to getting back on track. I go for my Cna recertification test on the 14 and I'm stressed and nervous to the core. I shouldn't be, I did the work for years. I even went online to brush up and found I really didn't forget everything!! So hopefully everything will be fine. Then to get uniforms, and find work..
I haven't dared to get on the scale. I lost a good amount of weight late fall and was proud of myself. Then I also quit drinking!! Super proud!! But with this test and future employment looming I've kinda been stress eating. Snacking. Grazing. Ugh. And I'm diabetic. So it sticks. I'm also off all the psych meds, surprisingly that combined with no more alcohol my head hasn't been this clear in years. I feel really good. Like really good. Except nerves about this test and finding work. Lol. Geez what a giant step this is for me. I've been reclusive since 2010 pretty much except a year I worked in 2013-2014. Other than that I was either to drunk or medicated to function. I'm glad I've made it this far. Sorry for the wall of text.
Glad to see you here. I do understand being drunk or too medicated to function and all too well. lol. Like you I am not drinking now or overly medicated any more and diabetic too-type 2. I don't know what Cna stands for but since you did the work for a long time you must know it well and will probably do very well with the recertification. Often we stress about things and worry ourselves half to death and then things turn out okay. It's been my experience at least. I hope you will come back and feel free to post all you want--we all do here.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #507
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,096 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

it's been a day of nothing

morning was spent waiting for an email that never arived (litirally waiting and doing nothing)

and afternoon was spent sitting on my bed watching reruns of la to vegas.

I did listen to some music too though

my favorite station from holand
raging vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #508
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

3 yr Member
1,463 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
it's been a day of nothing

morning was spent waiting for an email that never arived (litirally waiting and doing nothing)

and afternoon was spent sitting on my bed watching reruns of la to vegas.

I did listen to some music too though

my favorite station from holand
What kind of music do you listen to? I have been using spotify and enjoying that.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #509
Blue_Bird
Legendary

Blue_Bird is ready for change!

5 yr Member
4,522 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
Comedy helps me, too. I was watching so much of ID channel my mood was getting effected by it. Started watching lighter things today. Those sound like good things for stress relief. I used to draw, too.

I'm just doing the physical therapy exercises to try to get rid of the pain I have. The exercise actually aggravated it at first. So, I modified one of them to make it less hard on my back. I've been trying to stay off of facebook because I post too much on there and it hurts my muscles in my neck and upper back. Going to go and put the heating pad on my back for awhile. I hope your weekend is a good one.
Thank you!

I hope the pain decreases with the physical therapy

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #510
Blue_Bird
Legendary

Blue_Bird is ready for change!

5 yr Member
4,522 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Had a weird day. I've been sleeping a ton. I'm working on positive affirmations now. It's so hard to say something I don't believe but I'm trying.

My eating has been okay. I keep having urges to restrict but I'm fighting it off

hope everyone is doing okay

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: