Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 10-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #741
gracebuttercup

gracebuttercup has no updates.

3 yr Member
94 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

Today I succumbed. Won't give the details. Something was going on late afternoon that caused me to "eat my emotions". Idk what more to say. If I could order a Prozac IV drip, I would
gracebuttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 10-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #742
Gr3tta_0
Grand Member

Gr3tta_0 Now with more "0"iness!

My Mood: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

694 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracebuttercup View Post
Wish I could help. For free of course. I was beyond grumpy going to grocery store today.
Thank you! I got a couple things. I'm not even sure what.

I'm sorry you had a bad day. Start fresh tomorrow, and i hope it will go well for you.
Gr3tta_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 10-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #743
LucyD
Poohbah

LucyD has no updates.

3 yr Member
802 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracebuttercup View Post
I respect that you are working on this. As they say "one day at a time".
Yes, one day at a time. That works for me.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #744
LucyD
Poohbah

LucyD has no updates.

3 yr Member
802 hugs
given

I had some cheesecake for my birthday and I'm told by other diabetics I'm allowed to have one birthday a year! I thought that was funny! Now I'm plotting to have 10 more birthdays! LOL, joking..
Hugs from:
Old 10-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #745
eskielover
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

10 yr Member
9,797 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Ugh, having to fix special protein & good fat suppliments for 2 of my dogs (one with a lung tumor at 15 & the other 17 1/2 years old both were losing weight) I have found the right combination of cottage cheese & flaxseed oil & other things that help make it doggie appetizing. Only problem is that it keeos me in the kitchen & then makes me hungry just working around the food (even doggie food) I have been eating a bowl of the cottage cheese & non-sweetened applesauce with cinnamon mixed in for breakfast so I can show doggies they are actually eating mommy food. At least it is healthy but since starting this care for them my weight has been inching up too. Ugh....that doesn't go over well with me though I am not eating any junk food at all. All my extra money is going for my doggies care & nothing else. But they need the fat.....I don't. I have successfully gotten them to gain weight & the flaxseed oil has helped with some spots on their skin that were anniying them. Several have cleared up totally. Amazing how a healthy diet truly helps with physical health. My vet actually said keep doing what you are doing. The tumor is not growing & he is almost not coughing. Maybe with this anti-inflamitory diet we can lower his prescription for daily prednisone.

My animals have always taught me how important a healthy diet is for our health.....it is just so hard to apply it to myself.

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 10-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #746
LucyD
Poohbah

LucyD has no updates.

3 yr Member
802 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Ugh, having to fix special protein & good fat suppliments for 2 of my dogs (one with a lung tumor at 15 & the other 17 1/2 years old both were losing weight) I have found the right combination of cottage cheese & flaxseed oil & other things that help make it doggie appetizing. Only problem is that it keeos me in the kitchen & then makes me hungry just working around the food (even doggie food) I have been eating a bowl of the cottage cheese & non-sweetened applesauce with cinnamon mixed in for breakfast so I can show doggies they are actually eating mommy food. At least it is healthy but since starting this care for them my weight has been inching up too. Ugh....that doesn't go over well with me though I am not eating any junk food at all. All my extra money is going for my doggies care & nothing else. But they need the fat.....I don't. I have successfully gotten them to gain weight & the flaxseed oil has helped with some spots on their skin that were anniying them. Several have cleared up totally. Amazing how a healthy diet truly helps with physical health. My vet actually said keep doing what you are doing. The tumor is not growing & he is almost not coughing. Maybe with this anti-inflamitory diet we can lower his prescription for daily prednisone.

My animals have always taught me how important a healthy diet is for our health.....it is just so hard to apply it to myself.
Good going on making the doggies well. I hope they get totally better! My dog has some skin problems and I've been wondering how to help. I got some dog shampoo with oatmeal and aloe vera and vitamins-I hope it will help her. She gets these bumps on her skin that sometimes get scabs. Haven't been to the vet about them because it costs so much at times. Where do you get the flaxseed and what form is it in?
Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #747
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,792 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

another bad day.

to be expected I guess. it is the one asspect of my MI that I really can't get under control
raging vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 10-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #748
LucyD
Poohbah

LucyD has no updates.

3 yr Member
802 hugs
given

I had KFC today. I don't feel bad about it. I didn't eat it all. Took a few bites of the choc. chip cookie and had the chicken and mashed potatoes. I still have a little chicken left I'll have later or tomorrow. I am still reeling from a bashing from my sister. I blocked her emails as a result. I'm not going to take it anymore.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #749
Blue_Bird
Legendary

Blue_Bird is ready for change!

5 yr Member
3,721 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I haven't checked in here in awhile. I was having a manic episode for a couple weeks and during that time bingeing or purging never even crossed my mind, and my weight loss obsession seemed to fade away because I was preoccupied with a bunch of crazy stuff. I've gained some weight over the past two months, and have had some bad eating habits lately that I'm working on. I bought a lot of fruits and vegetables today.

Hope everyone is doing okay

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 10-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #750
eskielover
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

10 yr Member
9,797 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
Good going on making the doggies well. I hope they get totally better! My dog has some skin problems and I've been wondering how to help. I got some dog shampoo with oatmeal and aloe vera and vitamins-I hope it will help her. She gets these bumps on her skin that sometimes get scabs. Haven't been to the vet about them because it costs so much at times. Where do you get the flaxseed and what form is it in?
I go to GNC to get it. They have 2 size bottles of organic flaxseed oil (not capsules). I get the large 24 oz because I use 4 Tablespoons a day on my 2 older dogs. Oh yes, vets are expensive....thank heavens for care credit where I can pay it off interest free for 6 months to a year depending on amount. I actually had them put the recheck cost in with the initial charge so I could take that time to pay both off. We were going in weekly then every 2 weeks, now monthly with Leo.

Skin conditions with dogs like with people usually (not always) come from internal causes (food alergies usually or an immune system issue).....but can be alergy to flee bites or maybe some other plant they may be around or what their doggie bed (or our bed they sleep on) is washed in. Usually best to find the cause (experiment with different things in their life one thing at a time). I have been shocked at how much better both dogs skin spots look with just about 6 weeks of 2 T a day given to both dogs with about 1/4 C of cottage cheese mixed together.

Yes....sometimes what you did with your sister becomes the only possible way to handle it. Stressful but enough is enough

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: