Old 02-20-2018, 02:04 AM   #351
Poohbah

-Astral- has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

Eating some sort of normal going to groups today loads of cake better watch u don't eat the lot

-Astral- is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #352
Legendary

possum220 has no updates.

8 yr Member
3,408 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

I give up. I feel powerless in turning the tide.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #353
Grand Member

LucyD has no updates.

2 yr Member
504 hugs
given

I often feel powerless over food. There is hope for us all. I'm trying to just get through one day at a time. Trying not to beat myself up so much. My weight is at an all time high. I still am trying to motivate myself for exercise. I have been taking some walks lately. I can't believe how out of shape I am. It will take time to get my body in better shape. Trying to be patient.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:08 AM   #354
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
8,559 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Sliwly getting back into exercising is good for the weight....i have found those little rebounder trampolines are great. A few minutes buikd up each day. Great for the heart too & gets the metabolusm goung slowly.

Ugh, working several hiurs a day cutting brush & rading up dead leaves & grass on my farm..too tired to eat when I gwt in the house but have tons of housework cleaning & organizing to do too. Too exhausted to fix anything to eat sometimes

In loving memory of Mister my first & very special horse
WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 03-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #355
Legendary

possum220 has no updates.

8 yr Member
3,408 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Went for a walk two days in a row.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #356

My Mood:

10 yr Member
8,559 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Ok, I guess all this exercise & working is the cold weather in my fields is MAKING ME HUNGRY.

I am so used to not being hungry & hardly eating much that this is driving me crazy & have to make sure I don't get into the gaining mode like I did once in tbe past after my first time with anorexia I dealt with & was hospitalized medically constantly during those years....promised myself after losing all that weight that I would NEVER allow that to happen again. I hate feeling hungry. With the anorexia, that hungry feeling went away completely.

WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
Hugs from:
Old 03-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #357
mina_xo has no updates.

5 hugs
given

I'm definitely losing my grip on this. I skipped breakfast and lunch today, and thinking of dinner is making me want to puke.
mina_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #358

My Mood:

10 yr Member
8,559 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mina_xo View Post
I'm definitely losing my grip on this. I skipped breakfast and lunch today, and thinking of dinner is making me want to puke.
It there anything major stressful going on in your life right now.

WyndSong Farm

(Charles M. Blow)
Old 03-28-2018, 06:56 PM   #359
cln1812 has no updates.

I didn't realize there was a check in thread here until now.

I'm 40, married with a 10 year old daughter in 4th grade and live in Texas (Houston area). I am a stay-at-home mom.

Briefly, I had bad anorexia with severe overexercising while in college, recovered around 2002, 2003 but was diagnosed with depression. Went 10 years on the depression meds and my diagnosis was changed to bipolar when I showed up manic at a pdoc appt. and only just barely escaped hospitalization. Had a brief relapse in 2012.

I had a perforated ulcer on Valentine's Day 2018. You can look at my other posts should you desire to hear the horror of that operation. It is getting harder and harder to eat. Yesterday, when I told this to the gastroenterologist, he said, "Well, it's to be expected. Part of your surgery was like getting a gastric sleeve."

OMG, ironic for someone with a past of EDs to get unintentional weight loss surgery! I was shocked, but he said it was either a drastic surgery or death. Gastro doc said I need to gain weight but didn't explain to me how I'm supposed to do this after a surgery that was practically weight loss surgery! Before I had this surgery, I weighed a low-normal weight for my height, healthy as far as I knew. I definitely did NOT need to lose weight though I did want to tone up my abs. Also, ironic...I doubt I will ever be showing off my abs again, I have a 6 inch scar (still healing) from my belly button up.

This evening, it's been very hard to eat. I'm not sure if it's from the surgery, starting to get sick, or the new meds the pdoc put me on for anxiety and depression.

The bad thing is the old ED thoughts get happy at seeing the lower numbers on the scale when logically, I know it is hurting my body. I somehow always thought the ED would magically go away with recovery and age, but it is always there lurking and ready to jump at any chance it gets.

I've had better days.
cln1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #360
mina_xo has no updates.

5 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
It there anything major stressful going on in your life right now.
Yes, definitely - I don't think I've ever been so stressed in my life. My husband and I have been having a hard time, and I'm feeling overwhelmed.
mina_xo is offline   Reply With Quote