Unread 10-05-2017, 04:03 AM   #291
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
7,821 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyChic_1201 View Post
I can't believe it.

I know Eskie has experience with this, but I didn't think it would happen to me so easily / quickly. I've waxed and waned with EDs (90% of the time bulimic) since I was 13. I'm 50 now.

I thought I was done with this sh#t. Now that there has been a stressor in my life that reminds me of old times, I'm rapidly sliding into anorexic tendencies. The normal part of my brain is very worried - thinking about the immediate negatives of the shame I'd feel if anyone at work knew. But the disordered part of my brain says finally your unruly hunger has been tamed!

PS - I have been seeing an ED therapist since 2011.
Yes Shaggy, stressors can be serious triggers.

I am fighting that right now with some stress that my ex (or still not quite ex) is causing me financially (foreclisure initiated on the house my name is still on the loan & when I lsft I left akmost everything i owned planning some day to get back (2100 miles away) & get my things....they are still there. He has been lying to our daughter about making the payments but came clean today to her & admitted the foreclosure has been initiated.

I totally lose my appetite when crap like this happens but living alone with my 3 dogs that need me, i force myself to eat at least a little or comfort pumpkin soup warm & comforting.

But stress not only decreases my appetite but throws the metsbolusm into overdrive. No appetite, I dont think about eating. If i dont think about it i dont eat, weight loss snowballs into more when i see weight coming off & with no appetite in the first place & no thought of food in the second. Its a recipe (no pun intended) for disaster. So i am working hard at being mindful which in its own way adds another layer of stress as just something more i have to think about.

Dang so much of life is all tied together

In loving memory of Mister my first & very special horse
WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 10-05-2017, 04:27 AM   #292
nikon has no updates.

69 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

hey guys
sorry to hear you're struggling LucyD
yesterday was a bit difficult. I got kind of down in the evening. I am struggling not to body check, a lot. I follow a twelve step program so I listened to an anorexic and bulimic's anonymous share online, which was good. even though I've been in recovery for a while, I still don't feel like I know how to eat intuitively or know what normal eating looks like, so a lot of the time I worry for a while after I've eaten whether I've eaten the correct amount. Thinking that's probably my ED obsessing rather than recovery thinking.
nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:40 AM   #293
existing but not living
Community Liaison
shattered sanity has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,360 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

ate a takeaway yesterday.

felt good, even though I probably ate it too quickly (I felt a little unwell afterwards)

I didn't eat much today so far

eaten breakfast and a couple of peaces of candy

I chose to have breaded chicken for dinner, that should be nice
shattered sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 07:40 AM   #294

Sprite22 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaKathy View Post
I can easily be an overeater, because I am on a medication that causes "weight gain." So I try very hard to not overeat and I attend online Overeaters Anonymous Meetings as well as two (face 2 face) meetings a week generally too.

Today we had a huge celebration at my church and of course there was a HUGE meal. That little kid in me that was forced to always "clean that plate" was having a living nightmare as I sat there with that HUGE plate of food in front of me.

Then I realized something: There is no such commandment as "Thou shalt clean thy plate." (!) YAY! LOL...

I only ate maybe 2/3rds of what was on that plate and no dessert. I was satisfied. I was so pleased with myself.
Food is such a trick or treat...LOL...I try to go for protein first. Then finish my small portion of food left. These meds can really harm our bodies. So be sure your comfortable with what you take as well.

Sprite
Unread 10-06-2017, 05:04 AM   #295
nikon has no updates.

69 hugs
given

my internet wasn't working last night so couldn't post... yesterday I listened to a share online, which was good. I exercised a bit but tried to keep it fun. today I'm not doing anything physical - too many days consecutively and it begins to **** with my head. I felt really down and lonely yesterday and it got really bad in the evening. struggling with body checking and obsessing about my body.
nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 10-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #296
Poohbah

cogladaid has no updates.

2 yr Member

I had been restricting this week but yesterday I ate two full meals of junk fried food. Trying to be okay with it.
cogladaid is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-08-2017, 11:36 AM   #297
Veteran Member

Purple,Violet,Blue has no updates.

My Mood:

737 hugs
given

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Purple,Violet,Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #298
CarmenFit has no updates.

My Mood:

Today I did good... I've eaten when I felt hungry and stopped when I felt full. But yesterday I ate too much and if I had found sweets in my house I would've eaten them all My depression isn't helping my eating disorder
CarmenFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #299
Veteran Member

Purple,Violet,Blue has no updates.

My Mood:

737 hugs
given

Well done, Carmen. That's brilliant, that you stopped when you were full. It's important, I think, to eat when it's time to eat, making sure you're never really, really hungry. It's impossible to make the right choices when a person is very hungry.
Purple,Violet,Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2017, 07:04 AM   #300
CarmenFit has no updates.

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple,Violet,Blue View Post
Well done, Carmen. That's brilliant, that you stopped when you were full. It's important, I think, to eat when it's time to eat, making sure you're never really, really hungry. It's impossible to make the right choices when a person is very hungry.
Thanks. I try to follow a rule: only eat when you're hungry, stop eating when you're full.
CarmenFit is offline   Reply With Quote