Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Eating Disorders

advertisement

Old 09-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #281
Veteran Member

SheilaKathy I love my Creator!

My Mood:

855 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

I can easily be an overeater, because I am on a medication that causes "weight gain." So I try very hard to not overeat and I attend online Overeaters Anonymous Meetings as well as two (face 2 face) meetings a week generally too.

Today we had a huge celebration at my church and of course there was a HUGE meal. That little kid in me that was forced to always "clean that plate" was having a living nightmare as I sat there with that HUGE plate of food in front of me.

Then I realized something: There is no such commandment as "Thou shalt clean thy plate." (!) YAY! LOL...

I only ate maybe 2/3rds of what was on that plate and no dessert. I was satisfied. I was so pleased with myself.
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #282
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
9,086 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily Check In Thread for those with an eating disorder of any kind.

Good job Sheila Kathy!!!!
Ive learned to take only tiny portions of the things I want to try....got really good at limiting my plate size at church functions

In loving memory of Mister my first & very special horse
WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 09-18-2017, 05:13 AM   #283
Veteran Member

My Mood:

855 hugs
given

Good for you, eskie!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #284
Grand Member

ShaggyChic_1201 has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,181 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I can't believe it.

I know Eskie has experience with this, but I didn't think it would happen to me so easily / quickly. I've waxed and waned with EDs (90% of the time bulimic) since I was 13. I'm 50 now.

I thought I was done with this sh#t. Now that there has been a stressor in my life that reminds me of old times, I'm rapidly sliding into anorexic tendencies. The normal part of my brain is very worried - thinking about the immediate negatives of the shame I'd feel if anyone at work knew. But the disordered part of my brain says finally your unruly hunger has been tamed!

PS - I have been seeing an ED therapist since 2011.
ShaggyChic_1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #285
Magnate

Purple,Violet,Blue has no updates.

My Mood:

6,069 hugs
given

Sorry to hear that, Shaggy.

It's just an illusion. Don't fall for it. You managed an amazing thing, escaping from that prison... don't go back.
Purple,Violet,Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #286
Veteran Member

My Mood:

855 hugs
given

I'm doing OK today. I had a really rough day in other ways, but I did not over or undereat, either of which I can do too easily when things go wrong.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #287
Magnate

My Mood:

6,069 hugs
given

Nice one, Sheila.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #288
nikon has no updates.

429 hugs
given

Hey everyone, I haven't posted on this thread before. I'm 28 and in recovery from an ED. It was a bit of everything.... restricting, b/p, overexercising etc. all at different periods through the years. I would like to get into the habit of posting to keep track of whether my ED thoughts are coming up a lot or not.

I am very body conscious at the moment and struggling not to body check. I have lost weight recently as a result of medication I take, and hormones I am on, and have found it hard to keep the thoughts away and not check my body as it's changed. I'm really short of money at the moment and a lot of the time this comes out in wanting to buy the cheapest food possible, which can also mean bland food and just the same thing every day. Part of it is the ED making me feel guilty for spending money on food; I still feel ashamed that I *need* to spend money on food and it tastes nice etc. That said, I did buy something nice to eat today and I am trying to eat bigger snacks rather than the bare minimum.
nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #289
Magnate

My Mood:

6,069 hugs
given

Nice to meet you, nikon. Sounds like a good idea, to put your thoughts on here.

Don't feel bad about eating cheap food. Do your best. That's good enough.

The mental aspect is all that matters, and you seem to be doing great, dodging the body checking and connecting with people here.

I'm here for you
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 10-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #290
Grand Member

LucyD has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
553 hugs
given

Feeling like crap. I have been binge eating for awhile now. I'm scared I'm going to get huge. I already am quite a bit over weight. Sometimes I just don't care and feel hopeless now.