Poohbah

Dnester has no updates.

My Mood: Does it go away?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
59 hugs
given
Default Does it go away?

So I am kinda nervous for my old Psychologist to talk to my new T because I have no clue what she is going to tell her because I have no memory of anything we discussed. Is there a such thing as DID NOS or just DDNOS? Can alters just go away or do they have to be integrated with professional help?
Dnester is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-15-2019, 01:47 AM   #2
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
727 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Does it go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So I am kinda nervous for my old Psychologist to talk to my new T because I have no clue what she is going to tell her because I have no memory of anything we discussed. Is there a such thing as DID NOS or just DDNOS? Can alters just go away or do they have to be integrated with professional help?
the dissociative mental disorders in the USA at this time are....

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Dissociative Amnesia

Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder

Other Specified Dissociative Disorder (this one has its own set of mental disorders that is not public you find out what they are when you get diagnosed with them)

Unspecified Dissociative Disorder (this one is only used in emergency situations and then is changed when seeing ones own treatment provider example in the hospital Emergency Room setting)

in short america has no mental disorders of any kind called NOS any more. that labeling was discontinued back in 2013 and the criteria was either absorbed into other mental disorders that already exist or in other cases new mental disorders have been created that include the criteria/ symptoms along with others.

Dissociative type alters do not go away or get killed off, eventually when they are no longer needed they go back together as one whole personality again. your treatment provider can explain more in detail about what alters are, how they are created and what happens to them when they are no longer needed.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
dlantern
Grand Member
dlantern has no updates.

8 hugs
given

Yea, they go away are you being outed isn't there conscious knowledge to out, it usually is a personal decision? Certainly, not required boom it just goes away then.
dlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
Dnester
Poohbah

Dnester has no updates.

59 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
the dissociative mental disorders in the USA at this time are....

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Dissociative Amnesia

Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder

Other Specified Dissociative Disorder (this one has its own set of mental disorders that is not public you find out what they are when you get diagnosed with them)

Unspecified Dissociative Disorder (this one is only used in emergency situations and then is changed when seeing ones own treatment provider example in the hospital Emergency Room setting)

in short america has no mental disorders of any kind called NOS any more. that labeling was discontinued back in 2013 and the criteria was either absorbed into other mental disorders that already exist or in other cases new mental disorders have been created that include the criteria/ symptoms along with others.

Dissociative type alters do not go away or get killed off, eventually when they are no longer needed they go back together as one whole personality again. your treatment provider can explain more in detail about what alters are, how they are created and what happens to them when they are no longer needed.
Why is it so secretive?
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-15-2019, 11:55 PM   #5
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
727 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Why is it so secretive?
its not that its secretive... its just that there is more to having mental disorders (any mental disorder regardless of what it is), then what you can find by reading books, watching movies, researching on the internet. its always been that way. Treatment providers have always had a way to distinguish when a person has a specific mental disorder or when they have a different mental disorder called fictitious disorder imposed on self where a person researches and for what ever reasons decides they are what they are researching and acts out what they find in books, movies and on the internet for attention.

even medical doctors hold back information so that they can tell when a person is really sick or they are just acting that way for attention or to get out of that math test or what ever.

it's just the way its done to make sure people get the correct diagnosis and treatment...

lets take this out of dissociative disorders for a moment.... think of it this way.. what if your best friend told their doctor or therapist that they had say schizophrenia with out the key information a psychiatrist would prescribe an anti psychotic when your friend didnt actually need an anti psychotic. your friend could end up dead due to being prescribed a medication that is meant for schizophrenia when they didnt have that mental disorder. but because of books movies and the internet they could act like it.

not a good situation right...getting the wrong diagnosis and wrong treatment or lack of a specific treatment can harm someone regardless of the disorder.

by treatment providers having key information that is not publicized, about mental disorders helps to prevent disasters like this from happening, ensures that ...........most times......a person presenting with a mental disorder gets the correct diagnosis and treatment.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #6
AlwaysChanging2
Elder

AlwaysChanging2 has no updates.

3 yr Member
3,840 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
its not that its secretive... its just that there is more to having mental disorders (any mental disorder regardless of what it is), then what you can find by reading books, watching movies, researching on the internet. its always been that way. Treatment providers have always had a way to distinguish when a person has a specific mental disorder or when they have a different mental disorder called fictitious disorder imposed on self where a person researches and for what ever reasons decides they are what they are researching and acts out what they find in books, movies and on the internet for attention.

even medical doctors hold back information so that they can tell when a person is really sick or they are just acting that way for attention or to get out of that math test or what ever.

it's just the way its done to make sure people get the correct diagnosis and treatment...

lets take this out of dissociative disorders for a moment.... think of it this way.. what if your best friend told their doctor or therapist that they had say schizophrenia with out the key information a psychiatrist would prescribe an anti psychotic when your friend didnt actually need an anti psychotic. your friend could end up dead due to being prescribed a medication that is meant for schizophrenia when they didnt have that mental disorder. but because of books movies and the internet they could act like it.

not a good situation right...getting the wrong diagnosis and wrong treatment or lack of a specific treatment can harm someone regardless of the disorder.

by treatment providers having key information that is not publicized, about mental disorders helps to prevent disasters like this from happening, ensures that ...........most times......a person presenting with a mental disorder gets the correct diagnosis and treatment.
Exactly why I don’t watch and abhor movies, books and videos about dissociative disorders....we are very impressionable and introjects emerges naturally... we try to stay true to our condition untainted.
AlwaysChanging2 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #7
AlwaysChanging2
Elder

AlwaysChanging2 has no updates.

3 yr Member
3,840 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
I wouldn’t sweat it....what’s to worry about,. just take it as it comes.

or ask your old shrink what she’s saying. it’s about you and your records...they can’t keep secrets from you. or sue the pants off them.

for all the stress and worry, it’s easy to say ‘your fired’ then dealing with the mind screw....unless you are trying to hide something for some reason like beating a murder charge...

my life is stress full enough like yours is or worse...we mentally ill dont need more stress dammit.

if I was on an island with all the food and beer that I can drink and eat, a place to go potty, sleep, and not get eaten by bugs....I would not need a shrink and be all right.
AlwaysChanging2 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-16-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
downandlonely
Poohbah
Chat Moderator
downandlonely has no updates.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't think your old therapist can talk to the new therapist unless you specifically say they can. If you don't feel comfortable, tell them.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #9
Dnester
Poohbah

Dnester has no updates.

59 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
I don't think your old therapist can talk to the new therapist unless you specifically say they can. If you don't feel comfortable, tell them.
I want her too. That whole time I saw her is missing. I cant tell you how long I saw her. What we talked about. What year I saw her. Nothing. So Im just curious what she would have to say. Shes going to contact her this week hopefully. Still nervous though. Im nervous my therapist would think I am even crazier than I am. Im worried she might tell me some trauma I forgot. I am hopeful it may help as well though.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #10
Dnester
Poohbah

Dnester has no updates.

59 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysChanging2 View Post
I wouldn’t sweat it....what’s to worry about,. just take it as it comes.

or ask your old shrink what she’s saying. it’s about you and your records...they can’t keep secrets from you. or sue the pants off them.

for all the stress and worry, it’s easy to say ‘your fired’ then dealing with the mind screw....unless you are trying to hide something for some reason like beating a murder charge...

my life is stress full enough like yours is or worse...we mentally ill dont need more stress dammit.

if I was on an island with all the food and beer that I can drink and eat, a place to go potty, sleep, and not get eaten by bugs....I would not need a shrink and be all right.

I wasnt aware that dissociative disorders were considered a mental illness. I certaintly dont agree.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: