My Mood: Integration

8 yr Member
729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
yes it does take time to adjust to being able to feel a full range of emotions, and my therapist told me the same thing about missing out on life and living one time when I told her it was so much easier back when I didnt have the skills that I have...

by the way for those waiting for the next installment / post/ thread of my integration process I have been purposely not posting....

one I want to give you all time to adjust to the fact that there are integration threads mixed in here on this board.

two I want to give you all a chance to adjust to everything I have already posted. I know its a lot of information and personal experiences, stuff you could not find elsewhere before I started posting about my dissociation/ integration process, and believe me I've done them all.... Yahoo groups, Facebook Groups, not yahoo groups, NAMI, healthjourneys, melting minds, ivory garden, survivors forum, and not on any of the other sites where dissociation issues are discussed that I am or have been a member of, not even on popular information sites like ISSTD and others...

Mind you I am not trying to plug these sites for people to go to, just stating a fact that I have searched for many many years in all kinds of forums and information sites and could not find anything that goes beyond the typically found everywhere information.

my point is what Im posting is stuff that cant be found elsewhere except from going through it. And theres more to come So I dont want to overwhelm any one.

I Also want to give others a change to start their own threads on integration and integration issues. everyone says they want more discussions about this but I seem to be the only one making threads and posts about it.

put bluntly if you want more discussions about this then you need to post about it yourselves too.
ok then lol I was rereading my thread when I noticed in this post there is a mis wording.. I put the site name melting minds (mindz) when it is supposed to say mosaic minds. melting mindz is a jig gaming puzzle website my children and I use together lol sorry about that and am so surprised that no one else has caught that miss wording
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 01-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #32
Betty_Banana

Betty_Banana has no updates.

5 yr Member
167 hugs
given

amandalouise,this article goes against what you have been sharing here about integration.It goes against my experiences and what I think/believe also.

There's No Cure for Dissociative Identity Disorder | HealthyPlace

It says it cannot be cured.As a matter of fact it says this:

Quote:
I realize there are still people out there who think the integration of alters is a cure for DID, but it's not. You can process all of your trauma, and integrate all of your parts, but that doesn't make you cured. Even in recovery, there will always be risk. Your brain will be wired to respond with dissociation. You will still be at increased risk for creating alters if more trauma occurs

Don't think that integration is the magic cure. Don't follow a treatment just because someone thinks it is the best choice. Be realistic. Do what is best for you. There are many roads that can be taken, but none of them will lead you to a cure
I do consider myself cured from DID.I no longer even have the diagnosis.I do have other issues and struggles but DID is not one of them anymore.I don't feel it's in remission,I feel and believe I have been cured.

Do you consider yourself "cured"? If I am using the term cured incorrectly please let me know.I feel this article is wrong is telling people they can't recover or be healed.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #33
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
Do you consider yourself "cured"? If I am using the term cured incorrectly please let me know.I feel this article is wrong is telling people they can't recover or be healed.
yes my treatment providers and I consider my DID to be cured/ no longer/ never will be again. or any other phrasing.

in short here in america to legally be called DID. legally be diagnosed DID a person must fit the diagnostic criteira ...

Dissociative Identity Disorder 300.14 (F44.81)

A. Disruption of identity characterized by two or more distinct personality states which may be described in some cultures as an experience of possession. The disruption in identity involves marked discontinuity in sense of self and sense of agency, accompanied by related alterations in affect, behavior, consciousness, memory, perception, cognition, and or sensory-motor functioning. These signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.

B. Recurrent gaps in the recall of every day events, important personal information, and or traumatic events that are inconstant with ordinary forgetting.

C the symptoms cause clinical significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of functioning.

D. The disturbance is not a normal part of a broadly accepted cultural or religious practice.

Note in children the symptoms are not better explained by imaginary playmates or other fantasy play.

E. The Symptoms are not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g. Blackouts or chaotic behavior during alcohol intoxication) or another medical condition (e.g. complex partial seizures)

along with this diagnostic criteria are 5 pages that go into more detail in categories of diagnostic features that explains the above diagnostics in more detail, Associated features supporting diagnosis, the statistical prevalence of the disorder, the development and course of the disorder, Risk and Prognosis Factors, Culture Related Diagnostic Issues, Suicide Risks and the Functional consequences of this disorder. The DSM 5 also addresses Differential Diagnosis (other dissociative disorders that share the same symptoms) and Comorbidity (having more than one diagnosis)

all my dissociative type alternate personalities have been integrated. and I no longer fit any of the diagnostics for having DID.

my diagnosis has been down graded to OSDD - macropsia and other OSDD disorder labeling.

here in america when one no longer fits the diagnostic criteria for a mental disorder they are considered healed/ cured. no longer having that mental disorder. this was a change put into place in 2013 due to many people thought they had a whole listing of mental disorders when in fact their present mental disorder listings did not include what they had previously been diagnosed.

this change is also why people with mental disorders have to now go through periodic assessments and re evaluations. so that their treatment providers can make changes to their files of what their actual present mental disorder diagnosis's are.

a person can find out whether they are still considered to be DID by talking with their treatment providers and going through diagnostic testing.

again since I no longer fit the diagnostic criteria for DID by legal and ethical standards I am considered cured / healed / no longer have and never will again have DID.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #34
Betty_Banana

Betty_Banana has no updates.

5 yr Member
167 hugs
given

Thanks amandalouise.My therapist had told me I no longer have DID but I do still have PTSD.I have used the words healed,recovered,integrated,etc.but I don't think I have ever used the word cured before when talking about it.I knew I was but hadn't used that term.

You and I are both proof that it can be cured and that the article I talked about is far from the truth.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #35
amandalouise
Wise Elder

8 yr Member
729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
Thanks amandalouise.My therapist had told me I no longer have DID but I do still have PTSD.I have used the words healed,recovered,integrated,etc.but I don't think I have ever used the word cured before when talking about it.I knew I was but hadn't used that term.

You and I are both proof that it can be cured and that the article I talked about is far from the truth.
just read the article. some of it is correct there is no "DID medication" treatments labeled just for DID.

that said yes you and I are proof that being cured / healing/ integrated and ever other words for it is possible.

from the looks of her article and her website it looks like one of these "pro- disorder" type things. you know like pro ana, pro suicide and other pro sites that rather than doing whats needed to fix the problem would rather be the disorder and promote how to be that disorder, with this person rather that working on what causes them to dissociate they are putting down every treatment option out there. and instead of focusing on their problems attempting to bring awareness to other peoples problems, mainly those that choose to heal and be cured. though i do have to say their facebook page on bringing awareness of female abusers is interesting.

Im with you betty that there is cure/ healing and so forth and Im proud of the fact that I have done the work needed and am cured/ healed / integrated and will never again be DID and wouldnt change it for the world. lol
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-02-2019, 01:08 AM   #36
Gr3tta_0
Grand Member

Gr3tta_0 Now with more "0"iness!

800 hugs
given

It makes me a combination of happy and sad to see periodic reviews utilized! 😊 They should absolutely be a tool to help assess where a person is within recovery, and provide an opportunity to update critical data such as diagnosis.
But i only ever see it as copy pasted worthless documents that just meet the bare minimum to ensure continued payments.
*sigh*
Gr3tta_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #37
amandalouise
Wise Elder

8 yr Member
729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Sorry I have left everyone hanging on more of my integration process. in part I am giving others the chance to post their integration stories to and the other reason is most of my internet time is being spent on another forum that is specific to integration and post integration issues. no I cant post where it is as this site prohibits letting others know of other forums for the specific purpose of convincing others to attend other forums. my take on this rule is that if people kept sending others to other website forums then psych central cant stay in business. this is a fantastic website but since they have no integration forums I have been utilizing another site for that, for many years now.

I do have more about my integration journey that I will be posting here or in a new thread soon.
"Thanks for this!" says: