advertisement

Old 09-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
julietd83

julietd83 numb

My Mood: DID assesment

8 yr Member
Default DID assesment

hi all

went to see my OT today and she was with a psychologist and they have done a assesment, she hasnt given me the results as yet but am at a loss now of what all this means. thanks in advanced

advertisement
Old 09-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: DID assesment

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietd83 View Post
hi all

went to see my OT today and she was with a psychologist and they have done a assesment, she hasnt given me the results as yet but am at a loss now of what all this means. thanks in advanced
first breath and relax it can actually take months to find out what mental disorders you have depending upon which tests they gave you, whether you completed all parts of each of the many tests,

example some tests you have over 300 questions, plus more than one hour appointment with a psychiatrist. some tests require medical exams and IQ tests, some tests are specific to ones culture and life style so that the diagnostic criteria that says to rule out these issues can be ruled out as the problems... theres lots that goes into being diagnosed DID now.

not only this... depending on where your treatment provider had to send the tests out for scoring, and other things they do with tests , it can be a very long wait for the actual diagnosis.

Im not trying to discourage you but your post is leading me to believe you want answers and advice now. and theres no quick answer where getting diagnosed DID is concerned...

what I can tell you is that if the tests say you have DID, that doesnt change anything. it just puts a name on what ever you have been living with all your life, in every aspect of your life, DID isnt something you just get one day. its there all your life if you have it.

getting the diagnosis just says so thats why this was happening when I was 4, 5 , 6 on up to what ever age you are now.

getting a diagnosis just says hey now things will get better because I will be getting treated for it, learning how to manage life problems better.

and just like you always have and like any other person in the world you will have your good days and your bad but now that you will be in treatment the good days will be more and more as you get better.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 09-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #3
possum220
Legendary

possum220 has no updates.

8 yr Member
3,847 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Was it a written test or something else? Try not to stress too much though I know that is easier said than done. A test is just that, a test. Doesn't change what you are experiencing at this moment and might lead to help that will be helpful in the long run.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #4
Starry_Night
Elder

Starry_Night busy busy busy

5 yr Member
774 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

what ws it? when I was diagnosed with DID I saw several people for testing which went on three or four weeks.
Starry_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM   #5
Amyjay
Poohbah
Amyjay has no updates.

398 hugs
given

Hi there, try not to panic too much. I guess you can't really even begin to think about what any of it means until you get some meaning back from the testing. It sounds like you are getting tested to see what's going on so they can know how best to help and support you.
How do you feel about the possiblity of it?
Amyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
julietd83

julietd83 numb

8 yr Member

this has been going on for a number of weeks with the assesments, i know it wont change who i am, and i know its not a think you just get over night, they explained to me that that this would have been from childhood whuch would expalin a lot of things in all fairness. i dont know what im actually looking for at the moment, just confused now.
Hugs from:
Old 09-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietd83 View Post
this has been going on for a number of weeks with the assesments, i know it wont change who i am, and i know its not a think you just get over night, they explained to me that that this would have been from childhood whuch would expalin a lot of things in all fairness. i dont know what im actually looking for at the moment, just confused now.
thanks for clarifying.

if I may ask which assessment did they do yesterday?

(your post that you made yesterday says... "went to see my OT today and she was with a psychologist and they have done a assesment,")

I think thats what posters are asking you about. when someone posts they have been through testing for DID others want to know what the tests and testing process was because they may be considering going through the process or they want to know if their process was the same as what you went through.

my own testing process took about 6 months to a year because I had lots of medical and mental issues that could cause the same problems. it took time to get all the medical tests scheduled and done and each result back and more tests depending upon what was found on this or that test, same with mental tests. as the test results came in more were ordered, to rule this or that out. plus they needed to get all my medical and mental health records, school records and so much more in my process of going through the diagnostic process.

I have to admit I am curious as to what your process was like and how you felt about going through certain parts of the newer tests. I have my re -evaluations coming up to chart my progress with my many mental and physical health problems.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:06 AM   #8
julietd83

julietd83 numb

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Hi there, try not to panic too much. I guess you can't really even begin to think about what any of it means until you get some meaning back from the testing. It sounds like you are getting tested to see what's going on so they can know how best to help and support you.
How do you feel about the possiblity of it?

i dont know at the moment the only think i can say it will make sense with some of the things that are going on with us