Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Dissociative Disorders

advertisement

Old 09-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,584 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default questions: dissociative disorders version 3

I just searched through the entire forum, and couldn't find this

anywhere

but I think we're on version 3, so...

question:

how do you cope with insiders that need extra attention/ support
raging vortex is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
602 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: questions: dissociative disorders version 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered sanity View Post
I just searched through the entire forum, and couldn't find this

anywhere

but I think we're on version 3, so...

question:

how do you cope with insiders that need extra attention/ support
i didnt deal/ cope with insiders that needed extra attention/ support. you might say my system was self relient. if they needed something they went out and got it. if they needed attention they asked for it from those around them, if they needed help with something they asked for it, if they were hungry they made their own snack. it was jsut something already a part of them. those that didnt go get attention and support when they were in control it was because they were the ones that were supposed to hide, keep the secrets, stay out of harms way.

same question to the next person
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #3
Poohbah
Amyjay has no updates.

330 hugs
given

I have one little insider that gets very upset about seeing family. Sometimes i am aware of her distress. I bought her a cuddly toy which helps some and apparently there is another part inside that takes care of her. Most of the time this little one seems to come out and cries in the middle of the night.

Question How did you get away from your abusers?
Amyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:08 AM   #4
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,584 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
I have one little insider that gets very upset about seeing family. Sometimes i am aware of her distress. I bought her a cuddly toy which helps some and apparently there is another part inside that takes care of her. Most of the time this little one seems to come out and cries in the middle of the night.

Question How did you get away from your abusers?

I guess I didn't

I mean... I did, in a way, they abandoned me, I moved to another part of the country, so I now live 2 hours from them

but they still try to finish what they started. every day they try to contact us, or people who know us.

so I suppose I did and I didn't, right?

question:

would you miss your parts if they didn't exist?
Old 09-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #5
Elder

8 yr Member
602 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
I guess I didn't

I mean... I did, in a way, they abandoned me, I moved to another part of the country, so I now live 2 hours from them

but they still try to finish what they started. every day they try to contact us, or people who know us.

so I suppose I did and I didn't, right?

question:

would you miss your parts if they didn't exist?
as an integrated person no I dont miss them. they are still here just different, everything they were is what I now am. a combination of all.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-20-2017, 06:14 AM   #6
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,584 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

question:

when you were first diagnosed D.I.D, what was the biggist change you had to face?. what was the biggist issue you found it hard to cope with
Old 09-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #7
Elder

8 yr Member
602 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
question:

when you were first diagnosed D.I.D, what was the biggist change you had to face?. what was the biggist issue you found it hard to cope with
my biggest change the day I was diagnosed was understanding getting the diagnosis didnt change anything for me just put a name on what has been happening with me since before I was 5. years later integration was the major factor for me because dissociation was normal for me, being integrated was not my normal.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #8
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,584 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

question:

how do you react when someone starts talking to you about a conversation that you don't remember having with them?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #9

Solnutty has no updates.

My Mood:

231 hugs
given

I frantically try to find out who has the information inside, and try to put it together while I act like I know what they're talking about. This might involve stalling, because the information I need might have a significant delay. Often I only get little shadows or impressions of the original conversation. Sometimes if I've talked myself into a corner I have to say, Oops, I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about something else... and then I'll probe for more information. And sometimes I just say I have a bad memory and admit I don't remember.

This happened with an old friend from high school who contacted me some years ago. I barely remembered her but apparently I was one of her best friends and we talked all the time back then. She referred to all kinds of conversations we had which I had no memory of, and I just kind of listened and nodded, and tried to direct our conversation to how she's doing in the present. I asked her to describe how I was back then, and she described someone I don't remember being. She was friend to my alter, Black, not me.

Have you ever talked to someone you didn't remember knowing? How did you handle it?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #10
Grand Member
dlantern has no updates.

My Mood:

7 hugs
given

Trigger Warning....

For us, that is what the communication get us less disconnect and alters reminding us of who we know....Who is doing the communicating....When it happens know since we're on the journey I just usually chalk it up to someone opened up our areas that had done some healing work ....So they begin to hide again from people interactions usually a bad thing to deal with. Not that we suffered from that since we were mostly loners.... As we begin to heal you try or either forced to be apart of society for whatever reason mostly positive your mouth can get you paid is the best for us to understand since we are parents and want our money back. .......

What makes the system not at ease communicatively speaking ( too much noise) is it relatedness a bad trigger or does it depend on the day's interaction.? Sorry if my questions don't seem easy or early journeyish it is hard to go back to those moments when we mostly get to our intelligent ones easy....We are on journey's too but I understand if supports had to intervene with someone's knowledge it can make it seem that I'm actual therapist paid with degree, is not the case lol....That can be triggering to some systems
dlantern is offline   Reply With Quote