Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Dissociative Disorders

advertisement
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:05 AM   #211
Poohbah
yagr has no updates.

830 hugs
given
Default Re: questions: dissociative disorders version #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Do you think you will need to be in therapy for a long time?
To be honest, I'm not sure that I need to be in therapy now, but I enjoy it. I'm not saying that I don't have issues, but I fake normal extraordinarily well and overall I probably have a better handle on 'happy' than most.

I mean, four years ago I came down with a particularly nasty auto-immune disease that is untreatable, incurable, and causes chronic pain. I couldn't work for two years until I was put on pain meds and spent two years living without water or heat...still don't have running water. We've moved seven times because we couldn't afford to stay any longer, I've had five heart attacks in the last four years, my wife has relapsed on drugs four times, and I'm dying...got a couple of years at most. And for the most part, I'm a happy guy. I like therapy and my therapist; I enjoy doing the work on me because it always ends up that I'm happier long term when I do it. But if I stopped? I dunno - suspect I'd still be happy.

So, on that note, what brings out your happy:

Sonseearae: Bunnies!
Me (Angel): Writing.
Lori: Black...black anything.
Micah: Storybook time!
NoOne: Not being needed...sleeping.

advertisement
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:06 AM   #212
Grand Magnate
TrailRunner14 has no updates.

My Mood:

236 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I feel like I'm on the verge/cliff of a freedom for a vey bound part of me.

I have been here before but it's not been as intense. I'm not sure what to expect when this part of me is unburdened.

It could be freedom or another part coming forward asking for freedom.

I don't know.

My parts like music and songs. It gives them strength and courage.

Do yours?

"Hope knows that if great trials are avoided, great deeds remain undone and the possibility of growth into greatness of soul is aborted." - Brennan Manning
TrailRunner14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:10 AM   #213
Grand Magnate
TrailRunner14 has no updates.

My Mood:

236 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default questions: dissociative disorders version #2

[quote=yagr;5740848]To be honest, I'm not sure that I need to be in therapy now, but I enjoy it. I'm not saying that I don't have issues, but I fake normal extraordinarily well and overall I probably have a better handle on 'happy' than most.

I mean, four years ago I came down with a particularly nasty auto-immune disease that is untreatable, incurable, and causes chronic pain. I couldn't work for two years until I was put on pain meds and spent two years living without water or heat...still don't have running water. We've moved seven times because we couldn't afford to stay any longer, I've had five heart attacks in the last four years, my wife has relapsed on drugs four times, and I'm dying...got a couple of years at most. And for the most part, I'm a happy guy. I like therapy and my therapist; I enjoy doing the work on me because it always ends up that I'm happier long term when I do it. But if I stopped? I dunno - suspect I'd still be happy.

So, on that note, what brings out your happy:

Sonseearae: Bunnies!
Me (Angel): Writing.
Lori: Black...black anything.
Micah: Storybook time!
NoOne: Not

(((Hugs))) friend.

"Hope knows that if great trials are avoided, great deeds remain undone and the possibility of growth into greatness of soul is aborted." - Brennan Manning
TrailRunner14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:27 AM   #214
Amyjay has no updates.

51 hugs
given

Music and songs also brings strength and courage to some parts but for others music and songs are too much to bare.

Did you do well at school or was it very hard for you?
Ugh.That is very black and white.
WHat was your experience of education like?
Amyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #215
Poohbah

anais_anais has no updates.

756 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Music and songs also brings strength and courage to some parts but for others music and songs are too much to bare.

Did you do well at school or was it very hard for you?
Ugh.That is very black and white.
WHat was your experience of education like?
My experience of education was frustrating. I did alright, only because I did everything to bend the rules and create my own framework that worked for my strange circumstances, in every degree level. Professors either loved me or hated me for this. Nothing in the middle . If I had gone by the proper deadlines and requirements I would have done very poorly, probably would have dropped out.

I and my teachers also couldn't understand why some days I was very competent and other days it was like I'd never encountered the subject before. I didn't get my diagnosis until well after I finished school. It makes more sense now.

What would you rather be doing right at this moment?
Unread 07-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #216
dlantern has no updates.

7 hugs
given

At work drinking coffee.......

Can I answer that question too above? School was hard for us some our traumas was with children and adults daycare in our younger years, so it might have played a number on what happened to us in school. It was like all smiles great student until 11 years old when the incest got to us it became in the family type crap, older brother, boundaries mom, to invasive gyno when the cycle stopped because of stress progressed on to more detailed reenactment with the younger brother. Also a Mexican guy to boot being in the wrong place at the wrong time basically. Kids aren't the kind that ask how is home so they see us repeating and calling out alters for their dumbness whether they knew or not.....For us we ain't get diagnosed until in our 30's.......

Hope scholarship in high school 3.0 those four years under grad 2.5 and grad school 2.9 before we ain't finish grad school though....It was okay not genius so I feel some type of way when folks calls us experts on topics we had virtually no help with mostly google and forums such as this. It make sense though with unlocking gifts I wondered if certain ones hadn't got in the others way might would have done a little better in school those years. I don't think in fact there is research to debunk that anyway some are not genius's. When you understand the symptoms cognition with PTSD and also with DID them you understand how that information is distributed. To me the creativity is mostly for the memories how you remember things with whom and what the symbolism also it can be useless clutter because some alter could learn instead of holding on to other memories...

Do you constantly have to change supports as you grow regarding therapy? Do you constantly get ahead of your therapist or does she usually get snagged with memory narrative exposure? Let's face it aren't going to read together that would be purely allow a child to run your life...You can't just stop at the dissociation you are reading all of it case studies research and everything, right at least at some point on the journey?
dlantern is offline   Reply With Quote