Legendary

Legendary
possum220 has no updates.

10 yr Member
4,343 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Diabetes Support Thread

Thanks for that Gretta. Last night I went to bed early and was surprised that the indigestion didn't force me back to the recliner. My hernia is hurting. Today I have taken my car in to get a service so I have been clothes shopping, my least favourite thing to do, and am now at the library waiting for the car to be fixed. I am planning to defrost some fish and eat vegies for dinner hoping that will make it easier on myself today. I had a banana for breakfast. Yay.
Loneliness feels like a cancer at times. Just an ache that never goes away.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:26 PM #562
Grand Member

Grand Member
Gr3tta_0 Now with more "0"iness!

805 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum220 View Post
Thanks for that Gretta. Last night I went to bed early and was surprised that the indigestion didn't force me back to the recliner. My hernia is hurting. Today I have taken my car in to get a service so I have been clothes shopping, my least favourite thing to do, and am now at the library waiting for the car to be fixed. I am planning to defrost some fish and eat vegies for dinner hoping that will make it easier on myself today. I had a banana for breakfast. Yay.
Loneliness feels like a cancer at times. Just an ache that never goes away.
I hope your dinner and meals today help you feel better physically.

Maybe plan something to look forward to to help with loneliness? A visit from a friend to play games together, or a daytrip for yourself?
Gr3tta_0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-11-2018, 06:32 PM #563
Grand Member

Grand Member

805 hugs
given

My wife didn't go to dialysis today. She did reschedule for tomorrow, but it's very frustrating. Its not good to miss a treatment for any reason. And selfishly, the time tomorrow will be very difficult and inconvenient. It's difficult to be irritated and sympathetic at the same time. I know she doesn't feel well and dislikes going there.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-11-2018, 07:08 PM #564
Poohbah

Poohbah
Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
35 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Dialysis is a very hard row, but it is also difficult to be the primary caregiver. I worked as a social worker in a dialysis unit which was in a hospital. It was my first social worker experience. I will never forget it.

On the me side of things....frustrated. I have to find a way to exercise five times a week optimally but four could be acceptable. Getting around is so much harder I have noticed over the last five werks. I have lost a!it of strength due to the inconsistent e,decide with the heat and humidity. It wasn't worth it. I should have sweat. Work is throwing a wrench into this too. Saturday spent the day in bed pretty much...never got dressed. Sunday I had a good day but only did one of my exercises, yesterday I had to be at work at 6:30 am and as a result of getting up at 5:15 am was very very tired for the rest of the day. DID exercise today, but this simply has to get better because I won't even be able to keep my job...my mobility has decreased that much!!
True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience and learn.~Richard Carlson
Deejay14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-11-2018, 07:29 PM #565
Magnate

Magnate
Marylin has no updates.

3 yr Member
764 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I still can't face measuring my blood sugars.But I can't put it off any longer,its not healthy.I have to measure and make the dietary changes to get my numbers down.
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 AM #566
Legendary

Legendary

10 yr Member
4,343 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Thanks Gr3tta I did feel better after eating healthier things. Hoping it last for a while longer. As for the loneliness I have made plans to see an exhibition of needlework of Friday with my sister and am planning to see Winnie the Pooh next week. It really does help to get away from the thoughts in ones own head.

It must be so hard to be the primary carer. It is so constant. Do you ever get respite for yourself and have somebody else take her?

Life seems very topsy turvy Deejay. When is it going to get cooler where you live?
It is hard Marilyn to break habits we get into. Are you seeing your doctor anytime soon?
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-12-2018, 02:15 PM #567
Poohbah

Poohbah
Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
35 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I did my exercises right after work today. Tomorrow is day surgery. That should hold up exercise for two weeks. We had a very hot and humid summer record oppressive humidity and a record number of days at 90 degrees or more. Fall hasn't arrived yet. The night's are usually much cooler by now with days in the 70's and no humidity. Who knows we might go right from Summer to Winter.

Marylin please bit the bullet and take your blood sugar. Make one small change a week. You CAN do this. The struggle is real and so are the consequences. Do it for us if you can't do it for you.
True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience and learn.~Richard Carlson
Deejay14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-12-2018, 09:48 PM #568
Grand Member

Grand Member

805 hugs
given

Thank you all! Dialysis was not too bad. I popped out during and picked up some dinner, so we could eat there. This made it easier, and wound up being necessary anyway, because she was going hypo when i came back. But it worked out all right.

@possum - I'm so glad you have some fun planned. What sort of Winnie the Pooh are seeing? Is it a play? I love the characters! I have an eeyore tshirt. It is really too small, but i layer it sometimes.

@Marylin - I do hope you will test soon. I don't know how much your blood sugar normally varies, but I'm certain you don't want diabetic ketoacidosis.

@Deejay - great job getting an exercise day in! Sometimes I lose motivation when i feel a thing isn't worth doing if i can't do ALL of it. But this doesn't apply to exercise. Any amount is better and more than none! Good luck at work, you sound very busy.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-13-2018, 01:55 AM #569
Legendary

Legendary

10 yr Member
4,343 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Humidity is so draining. Good luck with your day surgery Deejay. Be gentle with yourself afterwards.
The is a movie coming out to movie theaters here called Christopher Robin with Ewan McGregor in it. YouTube Only just landing here this week. Glad that the session at the hospital worked out well.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-13-2018, 03:13 PM #570
Magnate

Magnate
Marylin has no updates.

3 yr Member
764 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I just purchased two books on reversing diabetes.They are by Dr Michael Mosley,should be delivered to me by september 19th.

The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body eBook: Michael Mosley: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book: Amazon.co.uk: Clare Bailey, Sarah Schenker, Michael Mosley: 9781780722931: Books

I want to try the extreme diet to reverse diabetes.

I also signed up for an 8 week beginners yoga class starting on October 11th.
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: