Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 04:46 AM   #1
TheLonelyChemist
Cosmos
 
TheLonelyChemist's Avatar
TheLonelyChemist The Master of My Sea
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: A Scientific Breakthrough
Posts: 2,155 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: We Have to Fight This Together

2,051 hugs
given
Default We Have to Fight This Together

I read a story over nosleep. It's about a demented woman being reminded about her time with her lover back in 1918. Again and again she is reminded of him. She has a fully grown adult daughter.



“Did you go somewhere frightening again, Grandma Edith?”
“I did, darling. I did.” The voice cracks with age, but I know it is mine. “Do I go there often?”...I am old, and my mind is going, and the only place it ever seems to go is back to that hell in 1918. I don’t want to go there, but I do. And it is just as horrible as it was the first time and every time that I have relived it since then.... But deep down in my heart I now know this, too: that I will not have to be afraid for long. Because Susannah will take my hands and bring me back, and for a time I will be safe and I’ll be warm. For a time, I will be home


Well then if it wasn't heartbreaking I don't know what is...
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-16-2019, 05:20 AM   #2
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder
 
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,142 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: We Have to Fight This Together

2 yr Member
27.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Thank you so much for sharing this, TheLonelyChemist! I agree it's heartbreaking I'm so sorry for that woman. I hope she will be able to find some peace. Sending many hugs to her and to everyone
MickeyCheeky is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
TheLonelyChemist
Cosmos
 
TheLonelyChemist's Avatar
TheLonelyChemist The Master of My Sea
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: A Scientific Breakthrough
Posts: 2,155 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: We Have to Fight This Together

2,051 hugs
given
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

It's a fictional story. However; we cannot let any more living person suffer from something as horrible as dementia.
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
mote.of.soul
Elder
 
mote.of.soul's Avatar
mote.of.soul - People of plant Earth. Have no fear, seek only to know yourselves and live in harmony with the ways of your planet.
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: the antipodes
Posts: 6,342 (SuperPoster!)
9,796 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Thanks for sharing that TLC. It's message was put forward in quite a touching way, yes. I only read non fiction but it does remind that stories can carry a lot of human truths and wisdom.

Appreciated, thanks.
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
captaineo
Member
captaineo has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 251
2 yr Member
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

I am really wishing/hoping that science makes some breakthroughs in the next decade and that people can avoid the struggle of dementia, or any mental illness. Me included. Many hugs to everyone.
captaineo is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 05:42 AM   #6
TheLonelyChemist
Cosmos
 
TheLonelyChemist's Avatar
TheLonelyChemist The Master of My Sea
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: A Scientific Breakthrough
Posts: 2,155 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: We Have to Fight This Together

2,051 hugs
given
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Thanks for sharing that TLC. It's message was put forward in quite a touching way, yes. I only read non fiction but it does remind that stories can carry a lot of human truths and wisdom.

Appreciated, thanks.
That's good that you read only non-fiction. I have a fiction addiction. So much that I've been told to remain 'objective' (in the scientific sense, without it no real progress will be made) Anyway, thanks for your input.
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 05:44 AM   #7
TheLonelyChemist
Cosmos
 
TheLonelyChemist's Avatar
TheLonelyChemist The Master of My Sea
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: A Scientific Breakthrough
Posts: 2,155 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: We Have to Fight This Together

2,051 hugs
given
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaineo View Post
I am really wishing/hoping that science makes some breakthroughs in the next decade and that people can avoid the struggle of dementia, or any mental illness. Me included. Many hugs to everyone.
It will! Don't worry. I may or may not be able to help, but eventually science will be the practical solution to every problem. We just need great scientists and those who follow the scientific method. It's still a long way to go. But don't worry, it will happen. Some within the community think like me too.
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 AM   #8
captaineo
Member
captaineo has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 251
2 yr Member
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyChemist View Post
It will! Don't worry. I may or may not be able to help, but eventually science will be the practical solution to every problem. We just need great scientists and those who follow the scientific method. It's still a long way to go. But don't worry, it will happen. Some within the community think like me too.


Thank you guys didn’t mean to simplify our conditions. And not saying that there will be an easy fix. I have you guys support and that has helped me the most. When I was at my home country Venezuela (my dad had cancer stage 4 and went back for a year), I attended a Bipolar seminar, ironically not for me , but for my sister who suffers from schizophrenia, and I heard many patients talking to the doctor about the medicines they take lithium, rivotril, and many others. I felt like a tourist, but the doctor saw me and came up to me and he said “there are some people that just see everything dark” and took me by surprise because she could read me and I felt wow he could tell I am depressed. After that he explained that we need to focus on healthy habits to help us heal; walking, eating healthy food, do creative activities etc. Then I thought about all that and seemed great, but when I came back to planet Japan again all the stress, the closed society, living every day knowing I can’t see my kids, the. My dad dying, and the country in chaos I became suicidal. But the only thing helped me a bit was work, and in the line of work I do I get to know more about technologies in the healthcare sector and I am aware there are efforts to help mental illness, will I ever get to see any breakthroughs I don’t know, but I hope for it, for my sister , for my self and any body really dealing with any horribles disease. Too long and I am sorry is Sunday night in Tokyo and tomorrow have to go back to the working machinery keeping my face happy. Anyways hugs to all
captaineo is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 06:25 AM   #9
TheLonelyChemist
Cosmos
 
TheLonelyChemist's Avatar
TheLonelyChemist The Master of My Sea
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: A Scientific Breakthrough
Posts: 2,155 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: We Have to Fight This Together

2,051 hugs
given
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaineo View Post
Thank you guys didn’t mean to simplify our conditions. And not saying that there will be an easy fix. I have you guys support and that has helped me the most. When I was at my home country Venezuela (my dad had cancer stage 4 and went back for a year), I attended a Bipolar seminar, ironically not for me , but for my sister who suffers from schizophrenia, and I heard many patients talking to the doctor about the medicines they take lithium, rivotril, and many others. I felt like a tourist, but the doctor saw me and came up to me and he said “there are some people that just see everything dark” and took me by surprise because she could read me and I felt wow he could tell I am depressed. After that he explained that we need to focus on healthy habits to help us heal; walking, eating healthy food, do creative activities etc. Then I thought about all that and seemed great, but when I came back to planet Japan again all the stress, the closed society, living every day knowing I can’t see my kids, the. My dad dying, and the country in chaos I became suicidal. But the only thing helped me a bit was work, and in the line of work I do I get to know more about technologies in the healthcare sector and I am aware there are efforts to help mental illness, will I ever get to see any breakthroughs I don’t know, but I hope for it, for my sister , for my self and any body really dealing with any horribles disease. Too long and I am sorry is Sunday night in Tokyo and tomorrow have to go back to the working machinery keeping my face happy. Anyways hugs to all
Thanks to your beautiful thinking, I got a sense of slight euphoria after reading your story... I've made a thread about living life the scientific (the 'best') way. Please read it here, if it helps you.
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #10
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever
 
Fuzzybear's Avatar
Fuzzybear has no updates.
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Cave.
Posts: 78,146 (SuperPoster!)
10 yr Member
49.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: We Have to Fight This Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Thanks for sharing that TLC. It's message was put forward in quite a touching way, yes. I only read non fiction but it does remind that stories can carry a lot of human truths and wisdom.

Appreciated, thanks.
(((((((( mote.of.soul ))))))))

Sending appreciation to you today
Fuzzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines