Old 02-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #51
Mopey
Veteran Member

Mopey has no updates.

My Mood: The Kindness of Strangers

452 hugs
given
Default Re: The Kindness of Strangers

This happened to me many years ago but I just remembered it and thought I'd post it here.

I had just been hired to a position in an environment that turned out to be socially way beyond my depth. I was more miserable and lost by the day to the point I was apparently grinding my teeth all night and developed a horribly painful case of TMJ which is inflammation of the jaw.

I had never had this before and had no idea what was going on, so I called the advice nurse on my medical plan. She was so nice to me! I'm sure she was busy but she stayed on the phone with me for quite awhile, telling me that she'd developed the same thing when she was stressing out over her daughter's wedding, and assuring me ibuprofen would work on it. I said I didn't think it would and she reassured me that it definitely would if I took enough of it. The kindness, helpfulness, and friendliness in her tone was enough by itself to start me feeling better.

I thanked her a million times before hanging up, and sure enough what with that sweet nurse and lots of ibuprofen, before long I was as good as new.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #52
Anonymous57363
Anonymous57363 has no updates. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
This happened to me many years ago but I just remembered it and thought I'd post it here.

I had just been hired to a position in an environment that turned out to be socially way beyond my depth. I was more miserable and lost by the day to the point I was apparently grinding my teeth all night and developed a horribly painful case of TMJ which is inflammation of the jaw.

I had never had this before and had no idea what was going on, so I called the advice nurse on my medical plan. She was so nice to me! I'm sure she was busy but she stayed on the phone with me for quite awhile, telling me that she'd developed the same thing when she was stressing out over her daughter's wedding, and assuring me ibuprofen would work on it. I said I didn't think it would and she reassured me that it definitely would if I took enough of it. The kindness, helpfulness, and friendliness in her tone was enough by itself to start me feeling better.

I thanked her a million times before hanging up, and sure enough what with that sweet nurse and lots of ibuprofen, before long I was as good as new.
What a wonderful truth you shared, Mopey! That's beautiful. And don't ever forget, even on your darkest days, that you deserve kindness
Old 02-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #53
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
49.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

hugs and love to all the kind people here
Fuzzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #54
Monticello

Monticello has no updates.

28 hugs
given

Before I had my hip surgery I had several phone conversations with a woman in the hospital's billing department. The day after surgery, she personally brought my receipt to my room and a little crystal with an angel etched on it to help with my healing.
Monticello is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #55
AzulOscuro
Poohbah

AzulOscuro has no updates.

3 yr Member
388 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Have you ever seen the movie chain of favours? I donít remember the details but I think it was about helping strangers.

I like this thread bc I think that each one of you who posted here an experience about good deeds from strangers and how grateful you are, somehow, you are in the same side as them and kind of think I could expect this from any of you.
Thanks! Kind of marvellous attitude. :-)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 02-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #56
Calla lily12
Veteran Member

Calla lily12 is crying

520 hugs
given

What a beautiful thread! Thank you for posting it. Kindness of any type can make life so much easier ; You did that with this thread.
Calla lily12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: