whispershadow
Magnate

whispershadow can't trust other people

My Mood: Christmas

2,630 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Christmas

I'm not fussed by christmas, I hate the cold weather though, the cold weather today gave me a stinker of a headache, I was in agony at work
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company
whispershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 12-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #12
AbladeintheMeadow

AbladeintheMeadow has no updates.

2 yr Member
155 hugs
given

I vary from day to day. I used to really love Christmas but now a lot of the time it just feels like another addition to the 'to do' list with a deadline to meet.

On rough days the feelings of loneliness (even though I am not actually alone) &....I don't know there are lots of feelings that are overwhelming....are too much to bear.

Yet on other days it's OK. I have for example been out with some friends tonight for a meal & enjoyed it. Tho' now I'm home I'm replaying what I said, how I reacted, checking to make sure I didn't do or say something wrong...
Old 12-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #13
SlumberKitty
Magnate

SlumberKitty is hurting.

5,265 hugs
given

I'm feeling less stressed about Christmas now that my shopping is done and my wrapping is done (except for stocking stuffers). I'm starting to feel a little more "into" Christmas. I guess like AbladeintheMeadow it varies day to day. Kit
SlumberKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:14 AM   #14
DechanDawa
Magnate

DechanDawa upleveling

3 yr Member
858 hugs
given

It's so hyped up. My town has gone overboard with garish LED Christmas lights. I prefer a more natural Christmas.

Everything in the stores seems overboard. So much consumerism.

I guess I am concerned about all the suffering in the world. I will probably donate to some cause. I don't have a lot of money this year and don't want to spend it on useless stuff.

Christmas without a spiritual side seems like a ridiculous consumer event. I have gone through some trauma about my church this year which I am not allowed to talk about on PC...but it has kind of taken away the spirit of Christmas for me.

I think I am pretty grinched. I plan to go see the new Mary Poppins movie on Christmas Day. And overeat Christmas cookies. That's it. I usually love Christmas music but this year feel too depressed to enjoy it. I am alone and this year I just can't muster up fake holiday spirit.

Last edited by DechanDawa; 12-06-2018 at 08:21 AM..
DechanDawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #15
SlumberKitty
Magnate

SlumberKitty is hurting.

5,265 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DechanDawa View Post
It's so hyped up. My town has gone overboard with garish LED Christmas lights. I prefer a more natural Christmas.

Everything in the stores seems overboard. So much consumerism.

I guess I am concerned about all the suffering in the world. I will probably donate to some cause. I don't have a lot of money this year and don't want to spend it on useless stuff.

Christmas without a spiritual side seems like a ridiculous consumer event. I have gone through some trauma about my church this year which I am not allowed to talk about on PC...but it has kind of taken away the spirit of Christmas for me.

I think I am pretty grinched. I plan to go see the new Mary Poppins movie on Christmas Day. And overeat Christmas cookies. That's it. I usually love Christmas music but this year feel too depressed to enjoy it. I am alone and this year I just can't muster up fake holiday spirit.
I plan on seeing the new Mary Poppins movie on Christmas day also!
SlumberKitty is offline   Reply With Quote