Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 05-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #1
rdgrad15
Poohbah
rdgrad15 Keep striving to be happy and maintain a positive mental attitude! :)

My Mood: Feeling invisable

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given
Default Feeling invisable

I tend to feel invisable a lot. I am not suicidal or anything but I do feel that if something happened to me, like a car accident or I just didn’t wake up in the morning after falling asleep, no one would notice or care. There has been times where I may not show up somewhere due to an appointment or I may leave a social event early, and I wouldn’t tell people since I felt like they would not care and the next time I saw them, they didn’t notice my absence. With other people they know, they are texting the person asking where they are or at least know if someone will not show up. With me, it never happens. That’s why I strongly feel that people just genuinely don’t care about me that much. I feel like I am just not well liked by others, at least not enough for people to notice me or care. Just an observation I have made. I wish I was cared for but I feel like I really am not that much in all honesty.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #2
Skeezyks
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

3 yr Member
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Feeling invisable

It does seem to me that some people are just well liked & some are not. I never felt particularly well liked for the most part either. Although I would also have to admit that, in my case, I also pretty-much shunned anyone who ever made any effort to befriend me. And nowadays I'm pretty thoroughly reclusive. So the opportunity to have friends who might care about whether or not I was around is non-existent.

It has also occurred to me, over the years, that other people can sense when a person is vulnerable. There have been so many times in my life when people clearly realized that I was someone they could beat up (either verbally or in some cases even physically) that there must be something about me that says to other people: "Go ahead & screw with him. He's defenseless"... (which I pretty-much was.) I think it must all have to do with phenomes or something...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 05-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling invisable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
It does seem to me that some people are just well liked & some are not. I never felt particularly well liked for the most part either. Although I would also have to admit that, in my case, I also pretty-much shunned anyone who ever made any effort to befriend me. And nowadays I'm pretty thoroughly reclusive. So the opportunity to have friends who might care about whether or not I was around is non-existent.

It has also occurred to me, over the years, that other people can sense when a person is vulnerable. There have been so many times in my life when people clearly realized that I was someone they could beat up (either verbally or in some cases even physically) that there must be something about me that says to other people: "Go ahead & screw with him. He's defenseless"... (which I pretty-much was.) I think it must all have to do with phenomes or something...
I agree.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
mote.of.soul
Grand Magnate

mote.of.soul has no updates.

6,886 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yes, I seem to lack that x-factor as well. If that's the way people want to be towards you then so be it. There's all kinds of people out there though, and I think in these times of aloneness it's good to try and cultivate the willingness to stand alone - but at the same time keeping the door open - just a little bit - for others. That's how I tend to approach it.
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 05-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #5
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Yes, I seem to lack that x-factor as well. If that's the way people want to be towards you then so be it. There's all kinds of people out there though, and I think in these times of aloneness it's good to try and cultivate the willingness to stand alone - but at the same time keeping the door open - just a little bit - for others. That's how I tend to approach it.
Yeah I see what you mean.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
Só leigheas
Grand Magnate

Só leigheas is down in the forest.

2 yr Member
8,418 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm on the other side of the fence, I guess. People that get to know me tend to like me and they talk to me and they want to hang out. If I'm gone too long they contact me. Interesting enough, I still feel invisible, but I suppose it's on a different level. They want to joke with me, laugh with me and vent about their issues. When it comes right down to it, they are never ready nor willing to listen to what's going on with me. It's like they have this idea of me, this idea that I'm strong, well respected and work my *** off. That idea is so false and it's simply a persona I developed throughout my life to get the bullying to stop and to keep people at a certain distance. I never knew it'd backfire and people would never actually see me. I'm not that person but people just see what they want.

It might not mean as much, but you're not invisible here. Something great about PC is that you can still be heard. Still be seen.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:44 AM   #7
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Só leigheas View Post
I'm on the other side of the fence, I guess. People that get to know me tend to like me and they talk to me and they want to hang out. If I'm gone too long they contact me. Interesting enough, I still feel invisible, but I suppose it's on a different level. They want to joke with me, laugh with me and vent about their issues. When it comes right down to it, they are never ready nor willing to listen to what's going on with me. It's like they have this idea of me, this idea that I'm strong, well respected and work my *** off. That idea is so false and it's simply a persona I developed throughout my life to get the bullying to stop and to keep people at a certain distance. I never knew it'd backfire and people would never actually see me. I'm not that person but people just see what they want.

It might not mean as much, but you're not invisible here. Something great about PC is that you can still be heard. Still be seen.
Yeah being invisible sucks. I hope you are able to find someone you can talk about how you feel to.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #8
Só leigheas
Grand Magnate

Só leigheas is down in the forest.

2 yr Member
8,418 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Yeah being invisible sucks. I hope you are able to find someone you can talk about how you feel to.
I did have that person, but I think she just got tired of hearing it. I could talk to my fiance but, he's just so stressed, you know?

Over the past few days, my mom has tried to help. Tried to talk to me, but I can't seem to break out of my facade.

I think I've just made myself invisible and I don't know how to change that.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Só leigheas View Post
I did have that person, but I think she just got tired of hearing it. I could talk to my fiance but, he's just so stressed, you know?

Over the past few days, my mom has tried to help. Tried to talk to me, but I can't seem to break out of my facade.

I think I've just made myself invisible and I don't know how to change that.
Aw well I’m glad you are willing to talk though.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #10
whispershadow
Grand Poohbah

whispershadow "little match girl I can't help ya, you know I can't cause I'm just like ya"little matchgirl 1986

1,831 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I know how it feels to be treated as if you're invisible
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company
whispershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: