Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
Anonymous50006
Anonymous50006 has no updates. Edit

Default It looks like Iím suddenly going to be alone for a week...donít know what to do

Iím not sure what to do with myself in the first week of January. Both of my jobs are on holiday break so unless I get called in to work a different program I wonít have work. Work is almost my only social outlet. I was supposed to go on a trip during that time but I was disinvited. Iím pretty sure being alone that long with no structured things to do (as in work) is going to kill me. Maybe not literally, but itíll kill my spirit.

I donít know what to do with myself. Just sleep a week? I donít have friends and Iím not a big fan of doing things by myself. I donít usually want to do the thing, I just want to be around people. I donít have a lot of people I feel comfortable doing stuff with though so I wonít have anyone that week I guess.

advertisement
Old 12-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
FallDuskTrain
Grand Poohbah

FallDuskTrain has no updates.

21 hugs
given
Default It looks like Iím suddenly going to be alone for a week...donít know what to do

One week might go faster than you think.
I am sorry that you feel panicked.
Do you like to read or listening to podcasts? Can you clean around while you do it?
Solitude can be a blessing at times. Again, it is easier for me to say as I have a very tough time being around people. But, again I understand as I need my work for routine setting and social interaction purposes.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
Anonymous50006
Anonymous50006 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: It looks like Iím suddenly going to be alone for a week...donít know what to do

I can get depressed being home alone for just a day or so. I have a very hard time around people a lot of the time too, but I have a worse time alone.

Part of it is that I'm hurt that I got uninvited but I deserved it 100% so I guess I can't complain. I feel like I'm being abandoned and punished.