Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
socarp1 has no updates.

2 yr Member
Default Is it stress, depression or burn out?

Hey,

I知 a diabetic 1 with Autism. For the past 3 years i have felt constant fatigue, no motivation, sleep issues, stomach problems, bad memory and concentration issues.

I took antidepressants Cymbalta 60 mg before this during 8 months for major stress and it helped me with almost no side effects.

But after i quit antidepressants Cymbalta 60 mg ,the fatigue, no motivation, sleep issues, stomach problems and concentration issues has been persistent in my life. Now for 3 years.

No matter how much rest i get i feel tired. Even if excercise, eat healthy, do yoga and meditation.

My blood sugar levels has been up and down lately. But even if they are controlled i feel the same.

A cause could be that i have worked on a lot of projects during the past 3 years.

It went as far as that i started to get suicide thoughts. I do not feel any ups or downs in my life. Things i used to like to do isles enjoyable. I rather stay at home than being social.

I believe i have major depression and i have visited psychologist and psychiatrist who have advised me to take antidepressants.

But the question is if I知 stressed, have major depression or simply burnt out.

I certainly feel that i have a huge major depression. My OCD thought are back and i have been stuck on testing my blood sugar 10-15 times per day during the past year. Which also could bring my stress levels up. The past year has been very stressful for me work wise. But even if i get a weekend of rest i don稚 feel rested. I have been to different psychiatrists and psychologist and the conclusion is either major depression or burn out.

I barely have the energy to clean my apartment anymore, wash my clothes or think about my hygiene. I feel tearful occasionally on some days.

I have thought about taking antidepressants again, particularly Cymbalta since it worked for me the first time. But i have been afraid of taking them.

Instead my psychiatrist described me brintellix (Vortioxetine), 10 mg per day for my depression.

But the question is, i知 i stressed, depressed or burnt out? Anyone have been in a similar case? I just feel dizziness and fatigued each day with no motivation.

Any experiences of the antidepressants brintellix (Vortioxetine) for major depression? I知 so afraid of starting to take them, but i don稚 want to feel this way of every morning waking up with no motivation for anything that the day brings me.
socarp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 12-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Grand Poohbah
regretful wondering how I got here.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,186 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is it stress, depression or burn out?

Burnout and depression go hand in hand for me; and I'm on the cusp of considering an anti-depressant again (Cymbalta worked for me, too, but it's expensive and I don't have Rx coverage). Burnout for me comes in the way of being over my head in a small business, and for that reason, I think it is burnout. There was a time when I was not experiencing any depressive symptoms - once I started as a business owner, the depression started; now I'm too wrapped up in it to get out, hence the burnout. Hope this helps.
regretful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
socarp1 has no updates.

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regretful View Post
Burnout and depression go hand in hand for me; and I'm on the cusp of considering an anti-depressant again (Cymbalta worked for me, too, but it's expensive and I don't have Rx coverage). Burnout for me comes in the way of being over my head in a small business, and for that reason, I think it is burnout. There was a time when I was not experiencing any depressive symptoms - once I started as a business owner, the depression started; now I'm too wrapped up in it to get out, hence the burnout. Hope this helps.
Thanks, so antidepressants help you to recover from burn out or normalize you?
socarp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Grand Poohbah
regretful wondering how I got here.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,186 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Cymbalta got me back to a good base for thinking and being not depressed. I also switched from being a business owner to being an employee, and that helped. Because of many complex circumstances, I left being an employee to return to the business (could not leave my wife to run it on her own). Prior to Cymbalta, Lexapro helped me, too. Again hope that this helps.
regretful is offline   Reply With Quote