Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement

Old 11-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
Grand Poohbah

FallDuskTrain has no updates.

21 hugs
given
Default Looking for accountability partners to motivate each other to get things done while depressed

As it states in the title, I am looking for accountability partners so that we can all motivate each other to get **** done, set and achieve our goals. We would have daily check ins.

I, like many others, suffer from a constant funeral in my brain and I need help navigating life and a community to turn corners with. I know that I am not the only one who lacks motivation and lacking the tools and resources in getting out of bed.

I am reaching out to PC because I don’t have anyone in my circle who can be an accountability partner. Well, I don’t have a circle.

I am hoping that this will motivate others to get stuff done while lacking motivation to do so.

I will start...
I was planning on working out... but I did not... should be attending to my resume and working but I am not...

Last edited by FallDuskTrain; 11-12-2017 at 04:54 PM..
FallDuskTrain is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #2
Grand Poohbah

cryingontheinside has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Re: Looking for accountability partners to motivate each other to get things done whi

I lack motivation and need help achieving my goals too. You can message me any time and on a daily basis is fine . we can help each other.

Today I was planning on doing housework but didn't . was planning on reading but didn't . didn't even manage a bath today . I did stick to my diet and I did do an online na meeting but still I could of done more .
cryingontheinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
Grand Poohbah

21 hugs
given
Default Re: Looking for accountability partners to motivate each other to get things done whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingontheinside View Post
I lack motivation and need help achieving my goals too. You can message me any time and on a daily basis is fine . we can help each other.

Today I was planning on doing housework but didn't . was planning on reading but didn't . didn't even manage a bath today . I did stick to my diet and I did do an online na meeting but still I could of done more .

Good that you ate healthy. I did not
What is an “na” meeting?
Old 11-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
Grand Member

mulan Is paradoxical

My Mood:

5 yr Member
2,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Ok... That is a good idea, my motivation comes mainly from the outside.
So, today I did half of a work (a part on a presentation), a very small one. Everybody as done their parts except me. Mine is one of the most hard ones, but I have been procrastinating.
I have decided that tomorrow I will stay at my workplace after hours to complete my task (because there is some information I can only access there).
mulan is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
Legendary

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
34.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I’d like to be part of the accountability group.
Hugs from:
Old 11-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #6

Iamhiding has no updates.

6 hugs
given

I hope to h*ll this doesn't sound like a cop out because I mean it completely,,, I would love to jump on and would really like to try to agree to mutual motivation if I can stay motivated to do my physical part on my end.

I would have no problem motivating others, but as you all know or we wouldn't be in this thread; I have proven I can't seem to do it myself nomatter how desperate it something may be needed sometimes.

How do you see this going? I would love to be a part.
Iamhiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
Grand Poohbah

21 hugs
given

It gives me hope that you are all willing to be part of this.
This is what I have in mind and please do feel free to customize it and/or offer your perspective on how to make this process as authentic and motivational as possible.
I trust that the power of this community will inspire us.
My thought is basic: if we take care our basic needs, be it eating healthy, keeping a clean home or going to work or for a daily nature walk, the more respect we will have for ourselves and the daily accomplishments hopefully will transfer to long term achievements.
So, here are my everyday, short term and long term “must do” items:
Everyday- Get out of bed and go to work, do not call in sick no matter what; workout; eat healthy; keep a clean home.
Weekly: shower at least twice a week; do laundry once a week
Short term: Finish my resume; finish application.
Long term: search for certification progs; look into financial options; determine a date for the cert program.

Last edited by FallDuskTrain; 11-12-2017 at 10:09 PM..
FallDuskTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #8
Grand Poohbah

21 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan View Post
Ok... That is a good idea, my motivation comes mainly from the outside.
So, today I did half of a work (a part on a presentation), a very small one. Everybody as done their parts except me. Mine is one of the most hard ones, but I have been procrastinating.
I have decided that tomorrow I will stay at my workplace after hours to complete my task (because there is some information I can only access there).

I have the similar plan of staying after work and processing some reports.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #9

Iamhiding has no updates.

6 hugs
given

Ok, so let me make sure I am understanding.

List daily goals
short term goals
long term goals

Then are you thinking we post our success in those areas each day?

Just FYI, I still would like to participate, but where I am right now my goals/wishes are much more basic right now.
Iamhiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #10
Grand Poohbah

21 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamhiding View Post
Ok, so let me make sure I am understanding.

List daily goals
short term goals
long term goals

Then are you thinking we post our success in those areas each day?

Just FYI, I still would like to participate, but where I am right now my goals/wishes are much more basic right now.

On that note, i will also add weekly goals as well. I have not showered in many weeks. At least once a week would be ideal.
Dont worry, my goals are very basic. I will be surprised if I can maintain going to work, eating healthy, working out and not making a mess at my home more than three days in a row. Frankly, I would call it a miracle. Usually I manage to violate at least one, often times three of these very basic daily goals.
Thank you for wanting to be part of it.