Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement

Old 02-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #921
Grand Member
bpforever1 has no updates.

My Mood:

778 hugs
given
Default Re: Looking for accountability partners to motivate each other to get things done whi

I am doing ok but am tired. I slept all day today. I applied to another job teaching senior citizens. I don't expect much though. After the last job interview process, I am not expecting too much. At least the hours are shorter and the pay is still cheap but for the ratio of hours to pay, it is better than the previous job. The other job required that I work from 10 am to 9pm for five days. They paid cheaply but wanted long hours from the employees. The job I applied for is from 9 am to 4pm and pays the same as the other job for five days a week. It sounds much better overall. I don't know if I will hear anything though since the posting is a month old. So, I don't have much hope. I will wait and see what happens.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #922
Elder

Cocosurviving Anxiety go away

My Mood:

5 yr Member
230 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Looking for accountability partners to motivate each other to get things done whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocosurviving View Post
Hello everyone ,

Today I have a few things I need to do
1). Iron for wedding
2). Dishes
3). Sweep

Well my outfit changed for the wedding. Iím going to pick up the top today. Then I will iron both top and bottom. The wedding is my younger sisterís. Sheís getting married on Valentineís Day. Iím still not feeling too good. I feel tired. I was going to go to the gym but I stayed home and cooked. I forgot my daughter had Girl Scouts. I took her and came back home and cooked dinner. I did sweep the kitchen floor.

Today
1). Pdoc
2). Take grandmother to get hair cut
3). Pick up top for wedding
4). Iron clothes
5). Dishes

Twitter: @cocosurviving
Cocosurviving.wordpress.com
Cocosurviving is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #923
Legendary

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
36.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocosurviving View Post
Well my outfit changed for the wedding. Iím going to pick up the top today. Then I will iron both top and bottom. The wedding is my younger sisterís. Sheís getting married on Valentineís Day. Iím still not feeling too good. I feel tired. I was going to go to the gym but I stayed home and cooked. I forgot my daughter had Girl Scouts. I took her and came back home and cooked dinner. I did sweep the kitchen floor.

Today
1). Pdoc
2). Take grandmother to get hair cut
3). Pick up top for wedding
4). Iron clothes
5). Dishes
I hope you feel better soon. Congratulations on everything you've been getting done. Good job!
Hugs from:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #924
Legendary

My Mood:

3 yr Member
36.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpforever1 View Post
I am doing ok but am tired. I slept all day today. I applied to another job teaching senior citizens. I don't expect much though. After the last job interview process, I am not expecting too much. At least the hours are shorter and the pay is still cheap but for the ratio of hours to pay, it is better than the previous job. The other job required that I work from 10 am to 9pm for five days. They paid cheaply but wanted long hours from the employees. The job I applied for is from 9 am to 4pm and pays the same as the other job for five days a week. It sounds much better overall. I don't know if I will hear anything though since the posting is a month old. So, I don't have much hope. I will wait and see what happens.
Good luck with your job search and in finding a job that suits you pay wise and time wise.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #925
espressivo

key tones - vivace

My Mood:

5,048 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 1967 View Post
Congratulations! I know it feels good to get all of that done!!! You go girl!!
Thank you Jennifer.

How are you feeling?

The crisis text and phone numbers are at the top of the Depression forum in the gentle reminder. Here is a link to various crisis hotline numbers:

https://psychcentral.com/lib/common-...phone-numbers/
key tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 02-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #926
Legendary

My Mood:

3 yr Member
36.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by key tones View Post
Thank you Jennifer.

How are you feeling?
This lack of sleep is causing havoc with my anxiety level. Aside from that, pretty good. Thank you for asking.
Hugs from:
Old 02-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #927

AbladeintheMeadow has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
155 hugs
given

Quote:
There are a great deal of things that could use some attention. Iím feeling overwhelmed because workers are coming to the house tomorrow.

Donít you hate that? I never have people over because of this, but I have to over the next month or so.

I will commit to 1/2 hour in two 15 min. sessions.

At minimum:

Laundry continued
Dishes
Hummingbird feeder
Trash
Floors
Hi I completely understand this. I get very stressed & anxious when I do have people round. I stress beforehand because I feel like I have to clean & tidy everywhere & that's so much pressure. & then when they're here I feel on edge the whole time.

I do like your plan to spend a minimum time doing stuff. I might try that. Thank you for the idea. Hugs x
Old 02-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #928

My Mood:

2 yr Member
155 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallDuskTrain View Post
Hello Everyone;
A miracle happened and I managed to clean my home which is an important task that I was putting of since December. I did not do the laundry but at least prepared it for a load.
I have been getting very upset with myself for getting worse and not doing anything besides going to work and therapy/treatment. I have not worked out since January; I have been eating quite unhealthy and I have not meditated since mid December. I have to change this destructive routine. I have no idea how... I wish I had friends in real life to keep me accountable. I wish I could stop letting my health problems define my daily life. I have to change this. This has to stop. I cannot continue like this. Enough with the whining and self pity.
So, tomorrows goals are:
Wake up- 06:00
Prepare healthy breakfast and lunch and daily coffee.
Work 1- 07:00-16:00
Dentist 16:15-17:30
Work 2- 18:00-20:00
Go to bed- 21:30
Tuesday I will start going back to the gym. This has to change among with many other stupid behavior.
Please don't be so hard on yourself. I too have been finding it really difficult to keep my house clean. I'm still really struggling with that. I feel for you I really do. Please don't feel alone with this. We will get there.

I'm also in the same boat with going to the gym & exercising generally. I always feel better for doing it but have gotten out of the habit since November time & finding it really hard to find a routine that works again.

I shall be thinking of you.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #929

My Mood:

2 yr Member
155 hugs
given

Quote:
I did everything on the listótaxes, trash, laundry, dishes, floors, and cleaned out the hummingbird feeder. I did a little shredding too. Whew.
Great going keep up the good work xx
Old 02-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #930

My Mood:

2 yr Member
155 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 1967 View Post
I got everything but B on the list done. It seems like I'll plan on doing something and I'll get it done just not in the time frame I'd planned. I guess I will be grateful for my accomplishments no matter how they come. For today, I've done the sun lamp and my inner/journal work. For the rest of the day, my goals are:

A) Clean the bathrooms.
B) Contact someone to fix the dryer.
C) Walk the dog.
D) Continue researching the work of Byron Katie.

I wish everyone the best in accomplishing the goals they've set and am sending out hugs to those that are struggling.
It is really good to see you getting through so much.

I have recently started journalling & have found it really helpful. Just out of interest - do you journal everyday? Or just when you feel the need? I know it's different for everyone. I was just interested as I'm very new to it.
Hugs from: