Unread 10-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Poohbah

Nike007 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
68 hugs
given
Default Really low today

Today I woke up and realized that I missed one of my classes. The night previously I ended up failing a physics assignment because I didn't have enough time, since it was assigned during thanksgiving weekend, and that day I had to do another project so I didn't have enough time to work on it. And this Friday I have a midterm and thought I set up my accommodations and don't qualify for the exception period because that has to be 4 days prior, and I submitted it 2 days prior so I'm going to fail my midterm on Friday because I won't have enough time. I just woke up and thought about my failures the last few days for an hour. I skipped breakfast. I had lunch with someone I knew but I felt so low and completely out of it. I almost broke down crying for no reason. I'm not sure if this is just stress or depression. But I feel like crap and don't like myself because of all my mistakes that have happened the past week because of brain flaws. I see my psychologist in a few hours so hopefully feel better after this. Just 3 weeks until I see the pdoc.

DX: Social anxiety disorder, GAD, ASD, depression, unsure if OCD is diagnosed (long story)

RX: Effexor XR, 75mg; Ativan 0.5 mg PRN

Previous RX: Zoloft, 25-75mg; Lexapro 5-15mg; Luvox 25-50mg

I have ASD so please be kind if I say something socially unacceptable. Thank you.
Nike007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 10-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Poohbah

cryingontheinside has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Re: Really low today

I don't think you cried for no reason. It sounds like your really trying but your under so much pressure at the moment . just so the pattern doesn't continue I would speak to a tutor and try to get some extensions . I hope you can find some time for your self too. To do something that you enjoy that makes you happy . I think many people would feel stressed in this situation . I hope everything improves for you soon.
cryingontheinside is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
Grand Magnate

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

My Mood:

4,558 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You're not a failure at all. You're doing the best you can, but you're obviosuly very stressed at the moment. See what your T suggests and try to talk to your teachers if you can.
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

key tones is a magical little fairy that can really play the piano

My Mood:

211 hugs
given

Maybe you can get some leniency with a doctor’s note? Just a thought. My daughter got withdrawal with some notation for extenuating circumstances.

I hope things go better for you
key tones is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
Magnate

Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,186 hugs
given

School is damned hard. Maybe a good cry is what you need. I'm glad your going to the psychologist. Maybe you can get note or something to give some extra time.

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth. Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013 -
Seroquel 100 > 75mg as of 9/1/17
Celexa 40mg > 30 mg as of 9/1/17 > 20mg 9/19/17
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 200mg > 100mg as of 9/1/17

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
Poohbah

Nike007 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
68 hugs
given

So I did talk to my psychologist and he said to go talk to the person who deals with my accommodations and see if it's possible I can get them for my midterm on Friday. He said might as well try, since it is better to know than not know. I'm just anxious about it, because they make it very clear that you need to submit accommodations 10 days in advance. And the exception booking has to be 4 days in advance. So I feel bad about asking, since I realize if i remembered that I didn't submit it, this wouldn't be an issue. I do normally get my accommodations, I just didn't remember that I didn't submit them.
He said we need to work on a few things next time to help not make my depressive episode as bad this winter (seasonal) and he recommended a few things for this to not happen again. And I'll talk to my accommodation person about it at our appointment this Tuesday.

DX: Social anxiety disorder, GAD, ASD, depression, unsure if OCD is diagnosed (long story)

RX: Effexor XR, 75mg; Ativan 0.5 mg PRN

Previous RX: Zoloft, 25-75mg; Lexapro 5-15mg; Luvox 25-50mg

I have ASD so please be kind if I say something socially unacceptable. Thank you.
Nike007 is offline   Reply With Quote