Unread 09-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

golden_eve UGH, Tuesday!

My Mood:

2 yr Member
446 hugs
given
Default Depressed State is not Improving, seems to be worse

I drank alcohol last night, probably one glass too many, and it's making my already depressed state worse this morning.

I have too much going on atm, it's overwhelming and is depressing me, almost more and more each day.

My boyfriend is long distance again, and I don't know if things are going to change, get better or work out. All is up in the air right now, which is really hard to deal with. He is also dealing with depression and is having a hard time motivating, an issue that once broke us apart.

My job is depressing me, since I don't know what to do next. I am stuck. I have one project I am working on, it's very tedious and boring, and I don't know if it's causing more harm than good. I have no one to collaborate with, no one above me dictating my workload or tasks, and no one to go to about this at work. I am floundering. And my level of success there is not great, and I don't know how to problem-solve it.

I am looking for a full-time job and that is discouraging. I've been looking for a year, with only one job offer that they then took away from me when I negotiated too much.

I am living with my parents and am almost 47. They want to put the house up for sale next Spring, which leaves me only a few months to find a full time job and move out. This creates a lot of stress and pressure, which only just contributes to my depression.

It seems all I can do lately is lie on the couch and watch movies because I am so overwhelmed by all of this and depressed by all of this. I manage to apply for jobs maybe once or twice per week, however, and contact agencies for employment.

I just don't know... nothing is going to resolve any of this unless I get a job and move out to feel better.

And my boyfriend? I don't know about that, either, but I love him immensely and cannot let go right now, but I don't have high hopes of this working out. I will be heartbroken if it doesn't work out, which just makes me feel worse.

Just looking for support right now... thank you for reading through.
golden_eve is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 09-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
33k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Depressed State is not Improving, seems to be worse

Unread 09-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
Winterbritt has no updates.

15 hugs
given

It sounds like you really really want things to get better. I am hoping that for you as well. Good vibes coming your way. Hugs

"I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, eventually you will become it." Tyler Kent White
Winterbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

golden_eve UGH, Tuesday!

My Mood:

2 yr Member
446 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbritt View Post
It sounds like you really really want things to get better. I am hoping that for you as well. Good vibes coming your way. Hugs
I DO. Very much so. Thank you.
Unread 09-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #5

Bjørnen er ikke forferdelig

593 hugs
given

This is one of those times where it's frustrating not to have any good advice. But I do hear you, and you have my support . There's nothing quite like a long, fruitless job search to demoralize and depress a person. But, as you said a few days ago, you are a "survivalist". Keep surviving. I do get the sense, from what little I know of you, that you have one of those indomitable spirits.
Bjørnen is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

golden_eve UGH, Tuesday!

My Mood:

2 yr Member
446 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjørnen View Post
This is one of those times where it's frustrating not to have any good advice. But I do hear you, and you have my support . There's nothing quite like a long, fruitless job search to demoralize and depress a person. But, as you said a few days ago, you are a "survivalist". Keep surviving. I do get the sense, from what little I know of you, that you have one of those indomitable spirits.
Thank you so very much. Your words alone are very encouraging.

Yes, the search is demoralizing and depressing... let alone, I am not as successful in my current position as I would like, and sometimes employers DO check on my work, which I then have to explain away. GRRRRRR.

I used to have an indomitable spirit... not sure where she's gone these days. :/ Perhaps it's all just a bit too much. Or perhaps I am severely burnt out.
Hugs from:
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #7
Elder

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
13.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm sorry you're having a tough time. You have a lot on your mind. I'm betting it will all work out, maybe in the nick of time. Sending hugs and positive vibes.
Jennifer 1967 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member

golden_eve UGH, Tuesday!

My Mood:

2 yr Member
446 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 1967 View Post
I'm sorry you're having a tough time. You have a lot on your mind. I'm betting it will all work out, maybe in the nick of time. Sending hugs and positive vibes.
thanks so much, Jennifer. Funny you mention it, things usually do work out just in the nick of time for me.. maybe it's a Guardian Angel that is looking over me. thanks for the positive vibes!!
Hugs from:
Unread 09-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

glamslam has no updates.

My Mood:

1,597 hugs
given

Thinking of you. You have a lot going on. Try to not get overwhelmed. Maybe a soothing bubble bath to relax?
glamslam is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #10
Veteran Member
mountainstream has no updates.

8 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

mountainstream is offline   Reply With Quote