Kepler22b has no updates.

My Mood:

3 hugs
given
Default Re: Positive "Zen" Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazerac View Post
I'm enjoying hearing about your journey. Thank you for sharing
Thank you very much for your encouraging comment!

Take care!
Kepler22b is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 09-08-2017, 01:34 AM   #22

My Mood:

3 hugs
given
Default When everything else fails I count numbers

What a "sword fight" against thoughts that filled my head with frustration and hopelessness today!

Not matter what I did (singing, walking, yoga and, again, walking) they kept bouncing back and wouldn't leave me alone!

At the end, I began counting numbers first in English and then in Spanish.

At last some relief!

uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez...

Buenas noches!
Hugs from:
Unread 09-10-2017, 02:37 AM   #23

My Mood:

3 hugs
given
Default The humble power of writing lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler22b View Post
Another challenging day, but when I finally took two more boxes to the post office and got them out of my sight it was as if a weight had been lifted inside my head...etc
Here comes the weekend and, once again, I feel "lost" and more lonely than usual.

Mood swings ()= low > ok > low > ok

I try not to loose focus and must keep myself busy so I push myself to act:

1) Box number six is ready to be shipped

2) I wrote a final list of things to do next week and taped it to the wall of my bedroom . (Sometimes I write multiple lists in a day for different purposes. Writing lists helps me to feel more in control of my life. It's a tool that I use to break down more challenging and daunting tasks into "smaller units" that are more manageable to carry out. It prevents my mind from producing negative thinking. It diffuses the stress and anxiety that I am currently experiencing due to a powerful existential crisis).

3) I didn't let the showery weather prevent me from practicing yoga outdoors (rainbow!)

Last edited by Kepler22b; 09-10-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:07 AM   #24

My Mood:

3 hugs
given
Default Soothing Music for Troubling Mind

I don't listen to music while walking on the streets. I usually listen to music when I cook or drive.

Lately I have noticed that the music that brings me some relief when I am struggling with my depression is up beat Baroque music, Brazilian and African songs and tunes, Jazz that's not too dissonant and one particular Reggae album.

I have never been a big fan of Reggae. Last spring I listened to one of my landlady CDs while cooking my dinner and I realized that it was the soundtrack of a movie that I had watched when I was still married. I haven't stopped listening to this album since then because most of the lyrics express the struggles that I am going through at the moment.

Sometimes I listen to this album multiple times and the songs become a kind of "mantra".
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #25

FallDuskTrain has no updates.

Quote:
This is a thread where I will post on a regular basis the "Zen" steps that I am taking in an effort to manage my depression. I have been practicing yoga for several months and recently I have started to practice Zen meditation. I also find comfort by being and observing Nature

You are welcome to add yours.

I will be following this thread for inspiration and guidance. I too have started a new depression management routine, which includes meditation, nature walks, intense exercise and a mind strengthening workshop.
Good luck in your journey.
FallDuskTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #26

FallDuskTrain has no updates.

Default Positive "Zen" Steps

Quote:
I don't listen to music while walking on the streets. I usually listen to music when I cook or drive.

Lately I have noticed that the music that brings me some relief when I am struggling with my depression is up beat Baroque music, Brazilian and African songs and tunes, Jazz that's not too dissonant and one particular Reggae album.

I have never been a big fan of Reggae. Last spring I listened to one of my landlady CDs while cooking my dinner and I realized that it was the soundtrack of a movie that I had watched when I was still married. I haven't stopped listening to this album since then because most of the lyrics express the struggles that I am going through at the moment.

Sometimes I listen to this album multiple times and the songs become a kind of "mantra".

I have been reading all your posts and thank you for sharing. It has been inspiring.

May I introduce a podcast that would bring you much wisdom, joy and answers? Krista Tippett: On Being

I listen to it while cooking for the week.
FallDuskTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #27
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
33k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Unread 09-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #28

My Mood:

3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallDuskTrain View Post
I will be following this thread for inspiration and guidance. I too have started a new depression management routine, which includes meditation, nature walks, intense exercise and a mind strengthening workshop.
Good luck in your journey.
Good luck to you too!

These "Zen steps" are not "magic bullets". It's hard work to practice them daily. It can be very challenging when my mind wants to give up and slump into negative thinking or apathy rather than spring into positive action. That's why a lot of times I write in my posts that "I forced myself” to do this or that.

Last edited by Kepler22b; 09-16-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Unread 09-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #29

My Mood:

3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallDuskTrain View Post
I have been reading all your posts and thank you for sharing. It has been inspiring.

May I introduce a podcast that would bring you much wisdom, joy and answers? Krista Tippett: On Being

I listen to it while cooking for the week.
I'll check it out! Thanks!