Poohbah

carrie_ann is doing okay

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,363 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default why bother

that's how i feel atm, why bleedin' bother. it's not easy rebuilding a life and sometimes, like now, i think ... what's the point? some peeps think you can never change so old mistakes are never forgiven, so i'm kidding my freaking self thinking things can ever get any better. sorry to whinge.

for all ... stay strong and, if relevant to you, sober and clean too, don't let the boogers get ya down.
carrie_ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 07-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
Poohbah

carrie_ann is doing okay

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,363 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: why bother

whatever. i've been trying to stay upbeat but ...
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
31.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Unread 07-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
Wisest Elder Ever

10 yr Member
31.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie_ann View Post
whatever. i've been trying to stay upbeat but ...
I know what you mean

Unread 07-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
Magnate

Frankbtl has no updates.

3 yr Member
316 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hi carrie ann

I'm sorry I don't know your situation so just "going in blind" here........so apologies if I'm off the mark............
I'm just thinking "rebuilding a life" can be/seem/feel like a massive thing to take on, so I'm not surprised how the effort it takes must feel like just to much........and you'd question if it was worth it especially if you're not feeling "in a good place" at all..........
But maybe if you broke down things into what you'd like/need most, and realistically speaking from where/how you're at now.........for example maybe just begin or focus on getting to know a few more acquaintances, working on "better" communication or a better relationship with someone, or linking in with a support group "even if" it's online...............and sometimes small changes/steps along the way are enough, or all you can do...........that doesn't need to mean you're failing to have a "full/built" life at all...........just means that it's as "full/built" as it can be/as you can manage at the time.........and that is something..........that matters!!!

As for people not forgiving your past mistakes..........well if they are judging you unfairly.........I'd say that maybe they shouldn't hold that much/if any personal importance in your life.
I mean, sometimes you can agree with others to just put mistakes in the past, and ask them to trust you've learned from them..........and just work from the "here and now"..........but of course that isn't always going to be possible at times, with some people.............

And even if things can't get better with certain people that doesn't need to mean in the slightest that things can't get better for you..........there can be much more in your life than certain people...........

Then, if "rebuilding a life" can seem impossible or "why......", perhaps you could look at small steps to build another/a new/a better life.........with things in it that you may not even have thought of/dreamt of in your "old life"............so instead of trying to put some things back together..........maybe explore some different things your old life didn't provide the opportunities for which you may actually need/want.........if that makes sense.............

Alison

And P.S. you stay strong too, hey?!
Frankbtl is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member
mountainstream has no updates.

8 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

mountainstream is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #7
Poohbah

carrie_ann is doing okay

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,363 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

thank you to everyone for replies

((((((Fuzzy))))))

((((mountainstream))))

Alison, your post makes a lot of sense. it's been a struggle i've coped with til now but the walls have been threatening to crash for a while. it's early days though and i know i just have to hang in there, one step at a time. thanks for breaking it down, it's not always easy to do that myself when i'm struggling. thanks.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #8

NeedHaldol has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankbtl View Post
Hi carrie ann

I'm sorry I don't know your situation so just "going in blind" here........so apologies if I'm off the mark............
I'm just thinking "rebuilding a life" can be/seem/feel like a massive thing to take on, so I'm not surprised how the effort it takes must feel like just to much........and you'd question if it was worth it especially if you're not feeling "in a good place" at all..........
But maybe if you broke down things into what you'd like/need most, and realistically speaking from where/how you're at now.........for example maybe just begin or focus on getting to know a few more acquaintances, working on "better" communication or a better relationship with someone, or linking in with a support group "even if" it's online...............and sometimes small changes/steps along the way are enough, or all you can do...........that doesn't need to mean you're failing to have a "full/built" life at all...........just means that it's as "full/built" as it can be/as you can manage at the time.........and that is something..........that matters!!!

As for people not forgiving your past mistakes..........well if they are judging you unfairly.........I'd say that maybe they shouldn't hold that much/if any personal importance in your life.
I mean, sometimes you can agree with others to just put mistakes in the past, and ask them to trust you've learned from them..........and just work from the "here and now"..........but of course that isn't always going to be possible at times, with some people.............

And even if things can't get better with certain people that doesn't need to mean in the slightest that things can't get better for you..........there can be much more in your life than certain people...........

Then, if "rebuilding a life" can seem impossible or "why......", perhaps you could look at small steps to build another/a new/a better life.........with things in it that you may not even have thought of/dreamt of in your "old life"............so instead of trying to put some things back together..........maybe explore some different things your old life didn't provide the opportunities for which you may actually need/want.........if that makes sense.............

Alison

And P.S. you stay strong too, hey?!
I agree.

The real people in your life will stay around, let the fake ones go on their own way.

In the words of DMX -
"If it's f*** N**** me than you know it's F*** you.
NeedHaldol is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #9
Poohbah

carrie_ann is doing okay

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,363 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

true NeedHaldol, i was doing great until i was stupid enough to try build bridges with some of my so-called family. haven't spoken to them since i was a teen as they ostracized me for something my FATHER done. thought they might realize we're none getting any younger but nope.

anyhow, i've come a long way the past few months and just need to hold onto that. like mid-feb this year i was sleeping rough and went through a lot just to get this roof over my head. i should focus on ME now.

thanks for reply
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #10
Wisest Elder Ever

10 yr Member
31.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!