Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
SapphireRed has no updates.

1 hugs
given
Default online bullying

I deleted my facebook account because somebody who didn't know me that well brought up a painful memory from the past hitting me right in the jugular.
I have never offended this person, but on a night out they went past me and called me "s$%t" even though I had been in a relationship and never cheated for a very long time. Because of peer pressure I committed some silly mistakes.

Anyway. They put a picture up of a boiled egg appearing to be sick and underneath wrote sickie eggs. Now how on earth they managed to figure this out is beyond me. I remember I did say I used to go home at lunchtime for a bacon and egg roll but honestly. I did have a good few funny turns in primary. I didn't realise my mother never paid attention to egg expiry dates. In a way I am glad. Thanks, a%%hole you made me perfect
SapphireRed is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
Magnate

Só leigheas is down in the forest.

4,701 hugs
given
Default Re: online bullying

I have nothing especially inspiring or comforting to say, other than to say I'm sorry. This post did remind me of a video I watched a ways back and I'll share it with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdC7iBpD8Sk

I hope things get better. I know that after school was out of the way, I got a lot better from the bullying I endured.

Só leigheas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
dermald has no updates.

I knew someone who would bully online. He seemed to have no sense of boundaries at all. One day, I asked him why he did it. He said, "It's just the internet. None of it is real."

So I returned the favor one day, by posting a photo of us together that he did not want posted. It made him look other than the image that he wanted to portray. He got mad and asked me why I did it, so I replied as you could predict.

"It's just the internet. None of it is real."

Of course, he suddenly didn't see things that way and threatened me with harm if I didn't remove it. This was when I figured out that he was a Pathological Narcissist who views people as playthings in a world that is all about him.

I think that people bully online for a variety of reasons. Maybe they've lost control of their own lives, or they are depressed. Reasons aren't excuses.

I haven't used social networking for three years, and couldn't be happier. I highly recommend leaving it behind.
dermald is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #4
Grand Magnate

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
6,937 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. It's a good thing you broke off the pathway that he could use to bullying you. My daughter was bullied by cell phone for about 4 months and didn't wasn't to change her number so it was pretty rough.

I hope you'll continue not to let this loser push your buttons again.

Best wishes
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote