Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 03-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #1

TaubTaube has no updates.

My Mood:

60 hugs
given
Question What is well/recovered?

I don't know how to define those. I've never really been there. The Cymbalta has improved some things. I do notice I cope with stuff a little better than before, but I still feel blah and have no energy. I still don't enjoy stuff that I usually like (although that's gotten slightly better). I still have to kick myself in the arse to do things.

My husband notices positive changes. I guess sometimes the patient is the last to notice anything.

I am in that kind of numb/don't know how to feel about stuff mode.

Oh, and my therapist retired so now I have to find a new one! Blah.
TaubTaube is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 03-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
Wise Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

6,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: What is well/recovered?

Hello TaubTaube: I was on Cymbalta (& later on its generic equivalent) for over a year. I don't recall how long exactly.) Actually it was the best antidepressant, for me, I ever tried. I was on the maximum recommended dosage.

What I found while I was on Cymbalta was that it didn't really alleviate my depression altogether. But it sort-of, as I like to say, kept a "floor" under me. So anytime I would begin to sink so low that I was beginning to have difficulty, it would seem to kick my sorry behind back up to a more manageable level. However I still had to work at keeping myself going on a day-to-day basis. But it was definitely helpful. Good luck finding your new therapist!

"Confess your hidden faults. Approach what you find repulsive. Help those you think you cannot help. Anything you are attached to, let it go. Go to places that scare you." (Advice from her teacher to Machig Labdrön)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: