Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 02-19-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Anonymous42831
Anonymous42831 has no updates. Edit

Default Unworthy

I have this feeling that I am unworthy of being happy. Being loved. Being employed. Of being "normal" as most people are. To have what others have. To experience what others experience. I don't believe that the good things belong to me. I don't believe I can do what others can. That's why maybe I am not motivated to do anything. I don't believe I am worthy. I don't believe I am capable.
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-19-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
FriendlyJoe

FriendlyJoe has no updates.

My Mood: Unworthy

1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Unworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Soul View Post
I have this feeling that I am unworthy of being happy. Being loved. Being employed. Of being "normal" as most people are. To have what others have. To experience what others experience. I don't believe that the good things belong to me. I don't believe I can do what others can. That's why maybe I am not motivated to do anything. I don't believe I am worthy. I don't believe I am capable.
I felt this 2 years ago and was on it for 7 months. Everything overall was meh. The only way I got out was I had hope and that it's all in my head. I can get out there and get it done. I started slow by reading and watching some motivational movies. I became vegan and that blew up like crazy. I'm in vegan clubs my best friend is vegan. It can happen but it wont if we dont force ourselves to do it. It's not easy but work yourself up to it and if it takes awhile dont be discouraged because you're aware of the situation and working to beat it.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
Anonymous42831

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyJoe View Post
... The only way I got out was I had hope and that it's all in my head. ...
I don't have that. I just cannot see a better future for myself.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 AM   #4
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
26.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm so sorry you're hurting so much, Cold Soul Please don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you're a wonderful person, just like everyone else here on PC. You deserve to be loved, simply because you exist. You do deserve good things in your life. I'm so sorry you can't see it right now. Do you have Depression? If that's the case, just remember that Depression is like a big black cloud, that doesn't let you see the good things that you have in your life. It's not your fault. But I'm sure you can fight back! You seem like a very strong person. You just need some help, that's all. You are worthy. You are capable. Keep saying that to yourself until you believe it. You just need to gain some self-confidence. Do you see a therapist? Maybe that could help. You could learn new ways to cope with your feelings. I hope you'll be able to get the help you need and deserve. Because you DO deserve help! You're a wonderful person. If you need to work on your self-esteem issues, perhaps you could buy some self-help books. Perhaps you could try to look it up and see how it goes from there. I'm so sorry, I know it's hard. Please don't give up. I hope things will get better soon for you. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #5
Sisabel
Poohbah

Sisabel always trying...

339 hugs
given

Sometimes we build walls for ourselves and we get trapped in our own minds. Iíve been there for sure. Try to tell yourself a different story... what advice would you give yourself if you were on the outside looking in?
Sisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
instant depresso

instant depresso feels like one of the youngest here

17 hugs
given

Everyone is worthy of being happy and being loved. It's okay to not be "normal", you can be unique. And honestly, no one is really "normal", I mean, what does it mean anymore? I don't know you but I'm sure you deserve good things, whatever is happening, know that there is still hope- so hold onto it, it gets better if you try. And you should try to get better because you deserve a good life, you may or may not see it now, but believe me, it really does get better. Maybe you forgot how it feels like to be okay, which is why you'll need to remember how good it feels, starting by believing that it gets better, one step at a time.
instant depresso is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #7
Anonymous42831

When I said normal, I meant to live with a job, to have a friend, to have a romantic partner. To be a human. I don't have all of that, and I don't believe I will ever have that. I don't know why.
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #8
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Of course you are worthy. But that doesn't mean the world is fair. Bad people get good stuff all the time and good people might get an illness instead.

You can do everything right and be a really good person, and have horrible things happening to you.

If you're good or bad doesn't at all tell what you're worthy of.

For some reason I have very little right now of what I want to have, but I don't think it's a punishment. And I don't think it makes me a lesser person.

Everyone has worth.
-jimi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #9
Anonymous42831

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
Of course you are worthy. But that doesn't mean the world is fair. Bad people get good stuff all the time and good people might get an illness instead.

You can do everything right and be a really good person, and have horrible things happening to you.

If you're good or bad doesn't at all tell what you're worthy of.

For some reason I have very little right now of what I want to have, but I don't think it's a punishment. And I don't think it makes me a lesser person.

Everyone has worth.
But I don't see myself as a good person and thus I deserve good stuff. I just think I don't deserve to be happy, and that I will never be happy, and live a normal life (i.e., have a job, have a social life, find love, have a family and kids ... etc). I don't believe in myself. I have very low self-esteem.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:49 PM   #10
TheCondimentKing
TheCondimentKing has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Soul View Post

But I don't see myself as a good person and thus I deserve good stuff. I just think I don't deserve to be happy, and that I will never be happy, and live a normal life (i.e., have a job, have a social life, find love, have a family and kids ... etc). I don't believe in myself. I have very low self-esteem.
Everyone has worth and everyone deserves happiness, even you "Cold Soul". I hope everything turns around for you.
TheCondimentKing is offline   Reply With Quote