Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
AbladeintheMeadow
Member
 
AbladeintheMeadow's Avatar
AbladeintheMeadow has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2016
Location: England
Posts: 211
My Mood: Friday night is so lonely

3 yr Member
177 hugs
given
Default Friday night is so lonely

...so lonely.

I reached out in real life &....

No replies.

....so lonely.
AbladeintheMeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder
 
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,128 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Friday night is so lonely

2 yr Member
27.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

I'm so sorry, AbladeintheMedow It's really painful when this happens. Just know that you're not alone here. We'll listen to what you have to say. we care about you. Please feel free to vent as much as you want. Share and reach out to us if you want. We won't judge you. We all love you. Is there anything we can do to help you? Please let us know. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
CepheidVariable
Poohbah
 
CepheidVariable's Avatar
CepheidVariable is always lonely so pardon any rambling
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: rural Canada
Posts: 1,211
1,876 hugs
given
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Oh, how I know what that's like.


Anything you'd like to talk about here?
Sometimes even a little idle chit-chat helps.
CepheidVariable is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
AbladeintheMeadow
Member
 
AbladeintheMeadow's Avatar
AbladeintheMeadow has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2016
Location: England
Posts: 211
My Mood: Friday night is so lonely

3 yr Member
177 hugs
given
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Thank you for replying.

It means the world to me.

Sometimes...no a lot of the time I just feel so alone. I cry. I cry myself to sleep.

I don't know why don't nights are worse than others.

I crave affection.

I long to be hugged. Properly. By someone who cares about me. And more than that I want to feel.that hug. Inside me. I'm so numb. As much as I crave it - I can't feel it.

I don't feel like I'm making any sense.

I'm grateful to you for replying. So grateful. Thank you.
AbladeintheMeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
CepheidVariable
Poohbah
 
CepheidVariable's Avatar
CepheidVariable is always lonely so pardon any rambling
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: rural Canada
Posts: 1,211
1,876 hugs
given
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbladeintheMeadow View Post
Thank you for replying.

It means the world to me.

Sometimes...no a lot of the time I just feel so alone. I cry. I cry myself to sleep.

I don't know why don't nights are worse than others.

I crave affection.

I long to be hugged. Properly. By someone who cares about me. And more than that I want to feel.that hug. Inside me. I'm so numb. As much as I crave it - I can't feel it.

I don't feel like I'm making any sense.

I'm grateful to you for replying. So grateful. Thank you.
It makes sense to me. I can't imagine (aside from some people on the autistic spectrum and a few similar types) not wanting affection, to be really held and hugged and truly cared for. When I've been denied it for so long, I start to wonder if I could feel it.



(I've never had the experience. I have avoidant personality disorder.)


Nights are my low ebb. I'm tired, often not busy enough, it's dark. Often not a good time for me. I get that too.




You can keep chatting here, or drop me a visitor message or PM me if you'd like.
CepheidVariable is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
Skull&Crossbones
Member
 
Skull&Crossbones's Avatar
Skull&Crossbones has no updates.
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 225
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbladeintheMeadow View Post
...so lonely.

I reached out in real life &....

No replies.

....so lonely.
I feel the same way. Although, I only have one person I feel comfortable talking to, but they're not a safe person to talk to...can't be myself, can't always say what's on my mind, can't hang out anymore because we used to be romantically involved and we aren't anymore.

There's just no one I can relate to. No one who can understand me. No one sees me as I really am. Very few even see my real personality, if it's even a real personality at this point. I have no basis to make friends or connect with people, so there's no hope of it ever ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CepheidVariable View Post
It makes sense to me. I can't imagine (aside from some people on the autistic spectrum and a few similar types) not wanting affection, to be really held and hugged and truly cared for.
I can imagine it actually. It's very unnatural to me. I don't want to be touched usually if I'm upset. At one time I might have wanted to be held and "truly cared for" (as though that's a thing that exists) but it was used as a weapon against me. As in, withholding affection to punish me I guess. So I'm not sure how one can trust affection from an attachment figure? If it's only when you "deserve" it, it makes it always a weapon.
Skull&Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2019, 06:17 PM   #7
CepheidVariable
Poohbah
 
CepheidVariable's Avatar
CepheidVariable is always lonely so pardon any rambling
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: rural Canada
Posts: 1,211
1,876 hugs
given
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull&Crossbones View Post
I can imagine it actually. It's very unnatural to me. I don't want to be touched usually if I'm upset. At one time I might have wanted to be held and "truly cared for" (as though that's a thing that exists) but it was used as a weapon against me. As in, withholding affection to punish me I guess. So I'm not sure how one can trust affection from an attachment figure? If it's only when you "deserve" it, it makes it always a weapon.
I'm sorry you've had that experience of it being used as a weapon. It sounds terrible.
CepheidVariable is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2019, 06:45 PM   #8
Anonymous50384
Guest
Anonymous50384 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbladeintheMeadow View Post
Thank you for replying.

It means the world to me.

Sometimes...no a lot of the time I just feel so alone. I cry. I cry myself to sleep.

I don't know why don't nights are worse than others.

I crave affection.

I long to be hugged. Properly. By someone who cares about me. And more than that I want to feel.that hug. Inside me. I'm so numb. As much as I crave it - I can't feel it.

I don't feel like I'm making any sense.

I'm grateful to you for replying. So grateful. Thank you.
You are making a lot of sense to me too. Having no one to be held by is a very painful feeling. Especially when you need it and no one's there.

I've been there too.
  Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2019, 08:26 PM   #9
Skull&Crossbones
Member
 
Skull&Crossbones's Avatar
Skull&Crossbones has no updates.
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 225
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by CepheidVariable View Post
I'm sorry you've had that experience of it being used as a weapon. It sounds terrible.
I guess it was only one time so I'm probably being a wuss. No matter how much I wanted touch or physical affection, often it just felt unnatural and wasn't comfortable with it too, so maybe I'm being a hypocrite. It seems like it has to be an all or nothing thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitChick View Post
You are making a lot of sense to me too. Having no one to be held by is a very painful feeling. Especially when you need it and no one's there.

I've been there too.
I agree. I often sleep with a stuffed animal so I'm not alone. I know I've mentioned that I don't always want/like touch, but I think it's because it's so rare that it feels unnatural and wrong when it happens. And it causes attachment which is the worst thing to happen.
Skull&Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #10
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever
 
Fuzzybear's Avatar
Fuzzybear has no updates.
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Cave.
Posts: 78,140 (SuperPoster!)
10 yr Member
49.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Friday night is so lonely

Fuzzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines