Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
KnitChick
Grand Member
 
KnitChick's Avatar
KnitChick has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: US
Posts: 953 (SuperPoster!)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
987 hugs
given
Default Snow Day Stress

It's snowing lots.

Sometimes I just want to stick my head in the computer / internet, and never come out. It just feels good to me right now.

I've been stressing over 1. what I should do for a career. I know I will not figure it out this weekend. And I'm telling myself that the place I find myself and go to, is the place I'm meant to be at, in terms of working. Something inside me tells me "but if I only find the right thing..." which is truly a load of crap. There are pros and cons to every made decision, especially when it comes to jobs. Also there's so many choices. It would be nice to choose out of 2 things, instead of like 8, 000. Even 5 other (narrowed down) choices is hard, in my opinion.

I've also been stressing over the loneliness that I feel. It's mainly the desire for a romantic partner. But I feel lucky that I have friends and they are amazing people. I also joined the church I was so back and forth about. I think it was the right decision for me and I feel happy about it though. Also I love my mom.

Edit: also, a note about dating sites. They just end up bringing my self esteem down.
KnitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
Bill3
Wise Elder
Bill3 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 8,658 (SuperPoster!)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
8 yr Member
16.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Snow Day Stress

With regard to your job ideas, it sounds like your question is something like “what do I want to be?” This is a very hard question to answer, partially because there are so many possibilities out there, many of which you might not even know of.

I wonder if a better question might be “what should i do next?” For myself, I know that even four years ago I would never have dreamed that I could do what I have been doing for the past three and a half years. I could never have planned it. But one reasonable step led to some new choices and a reasonable step from there led to another, etc. Maybe something like that could work for you?

I am happy to hear that you joined that church! New doors could open there as well.

Bill3 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-19-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
KnitChick
Grand Member
 
KnitChick's Avatar
KnitChick has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: US
Posts: 953 (SuperPoster!)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
987 hugs
given
Default Re: Snow Day Stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
With regard to your job ideas, it sounds like your question is something like “what do I want to be?” This is a very hard question to answer, partially because there are so many possibilities out there, many of which you might not even know of.

I wonder if a better question might be “what should i do next?” For myself, I know that even four years ago I would never have dreamed that I could do what I have been doing for the past three and a half years. I could never have planned it. But one reasonable step led to some new choices and a reasonable step from there led to another, etc. Maybe something like that could work for you?

I am happy to hear that you joined that church! New doors could open there as well.


Hi Bill!

I completely agree with you. Asking "What should I do next?" Makes much more sense. I already have some ideas about that.

Yes I joined the church! They are a very nice group of people and it's interesting how things shifted for me. It was very gradual, and then suddenly.

Wishing you well.
KnitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
Buffy01
Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,181 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Snow Day Stress

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3,298 hugs
given
Default Re: Snow Day Stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitChick View Post
It's snowing lots.

Sometimes I just want to stick my head in the computer / internet, and never come out. It just feels good to me right now.

I've been stressing over 1. what I should do for a career. I know I will not figure it out this weekend. And I'm telling myself that the place I find myself and go to, is the place I'm meant to be at, in terms of working. Something inside me tells me "but if I only find the right thing..." which is truly a load of crap. There are pros and cons to every made decision, especially when it comes to jobs. Also there's so many choices. It would be nice to choose out of 2 things, instead of like 8, 000. Even 5 other (narrowed down) choices is hard, in my opinion.

I've also been stressing over the loneliness that I feel. It's mainly the desire for a romantic partner. But I feel lucky that I have friends and they are amazing people. I also joined the church I was so back and forth about. I think it was the right decision for me and I feel happy about it though. Also I love my mom.

Edit: also, a note about dating sites. They just end up bringing my self esteem down.
I'm sorry that you are struggling right now! I feel the same way over job and being lonely.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
KnitChick
Grand Member
 
KnitChick's Avatar
KnitChick has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: US
Posts: 953 (SuperPoster!)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
987 hugs
given
Default Re: Snow Day Stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I'm sorry that you are struggling right now! I feel the same way over job and being lonely.

Hugs to you, Buffy. I'm sorry you also struggle with this! It's a big time bummer.



I feel glad that today I am feeling better about this. I hope you feel better about it sometimes too, Buffy.
KnitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines