Psych Central

There's a Live Chat Happening Now!

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 01-19-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Anonymous55888
Anonymous55888 has no updates. Edit

Default Regulating Emotions

I have a big issue with regulating my emotions. I have very low tolerance to frustration. I get depressed very easily. I quit if things didn't work out from the first time. I get angry very quickly. I resent people who said or done things that hurt me. I need to learn how to tame these beasts to become my servants, not my masters
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #2
KnitChick
Grand Member

KnitChick has no updates.

999 hugs
given
Default Re: Regulating Emotions

I'm sorry you're struggling with regulating your emotions. DBT can help with that. If you ever have access to a therapy group that does DBT, or a therapist who practices it, take the chance. There's also youtube videos online that teach how to practice it: try "DBT peer connections" or just youtubing DBT.
KnitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-20-2019, 04:40 AM   #3
sarahsweets
Poohbah

sarahsweets Humor is my end game..

My Mood: Regulating Emotions

78 hugs
given

I wish I could share how to achieve those things backround noise. I do know that resentments are like poison to your inner peace. I had to learn to let go of resentments in order to keep moving forward.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-20-2019, 05:24 AM   #4
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
24.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm so sorry, Background Noise Do you see a therapist? Maybe that could help. That way you'll be able to learn how to deal with your emotions in a safe and healthy way. Maybe there are some books on the subject? I'd try to check it out if you can. To manage you anger, perhaps you could try yoga, or some similar exercises. Some people find it really helpful. I hope that things will get better and that you'll find what works best for you. I hope writing here helps a bit. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #5
Medusax
Veteran Member

Medusax has no updates.

2 yr Member
249 hugs
given

I have a very quick, bad temper. I would MUCH rather laugh, but it seems that people around me won't allow it.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:53 AM   #6
Anonymous55888
Anonymous55888 has no updates. Edit

I have also noticed that I can be on the other extreme, where I cannot control my over excitement and fleeing hours of over confidence for no reason at all
Hugs from:
Old 01-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #7
Medusax
Veteran Member

Medusax has no updates.

2 yr Member
249 hugs
given

My deal is simply this: I just want to be left alone. I HATE my job, I HAVE to do it because my husband cannot manage money. I just want to work my day, get my pay, and get the hell away. I don't CARE which married man "Jane" is supposedly sleeping with. "Jane" doesn't affect my paycheck or my marriage or my home life. I don't care about "Jane". Also, since I DON'T talk to you, don't think you know all about my life and what (or who)I am doing.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #8
BonsaiGuy

BonsaiGuy is ready for spring!

193 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Background Noise View Post
I have a big issue with regulating my emotions. I have very low tolerance to frustration. I get depressed very easily. I quit if things didn't work out from the first time. I get angry very quickly. I resent people who said or done things that hurt me. I need to learn how to tame these beasts to become my servants, not my masters
Your last sentences is awesome! I hope you get the insight that you are looking for here at PC. Have you talked to a therapist about your problems or seen a doctor?

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, GAD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 85mg, Seroquel 300mg, Lamictal 200mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Cyclobenzaprine 10mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote