Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #1
floridaman38
Member
 
floridaman38's Avatar
floridaman38 why does it seem that every step forward I take seems to land on ground that is constantly falling away
 
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Here
Posts: 94
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

3 yr Member
46 hugs
given
Default Addicted to sadness

Please tell me that I am not alone in this. Do you ever look at your life and notice that you are alone a lot, sad a lot? I do and I notice that I am. I am addicted to sadness, loneliness, lowness. I wondered why in the past but now I think I know why. I was alone a lot when I was a kid and when I was with people, they hurt me in ways that a child shouldn't be hurt. I wonder if this has caused me to put up a wall and avoid people to prevent me from getting hurt. I hurt myself in order to stop the pain from others. I listen to sad songs, rock songs mainly, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Staind, those types of songs, and if you know those bands then you can probably think of the songs I am talking about. Is this something that you suffer from? Is this something you have beaten? Am I alone in this?
floridaman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 01-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison Leader
Community Liaison
 
healingme4me's Avatar
healingme4me Needs a little reading lamp.
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 45,206 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

5 yr Member
6,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

I think those bands have music that relatable when the pain one has felt is understood by these musicians as well. So, no, you aren't alone in feeling these things. Someone that's been neglected and isolated will have trepidation in socializing with others.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
bluekoi
Moderator
Community Support Team
 
bluekoi's Avatar
bluekoi is feeling the numbness of chronic depression.
 
Member Since: Feb 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 8,747 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

5 yr Member
9,779 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

I find solace in death metal.
bluekoi is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
Miss P
Member
 
Miss P's Avatar
Miss P has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: England
Posts: 86
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

195 hugs
given
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

This is something I struggle with. I'm afraid I've nothing useful to contribute, I just wanted you to know, no, your not alone, I get it, and kudos! Many hugs x
Miss P is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2019, 11:59 PM   #5
floridaman38
Member
 
floridaman38's Avatar
floridaman38 why does it seem that every step forward I take seems to land on ground that is constantly falling away
 
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Here
Posts: 94
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

3 yr Member
46 hugs
given
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss P View Post
This is something I struggle with. I'm afraid I've nothing useful to contribute, I just wanted you to know, no, your not alone, I get it, and kudos! Many hugs x

Just knowing that others struggle with this is contributing. Thanks for sharing with me. Mellow, slow, and sad songs seem to give me piece of mind.
floridaman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #6
BLUEDOVE
Grand Member
 
BLUEDOVE's Avatar
BLUEDOVE has no updates.
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 778
5 yr Member
890 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

I think you may be addicted to unhappiness,advise you get
this book: "Addicted To Unhappiness." God Bless.
BLUEDOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #7
Buffy01
Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,255 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

3,393 hugs
given
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman38 View Post
Please tell me that I am not alone in this. Do you ever look at your life and notice that you are alone a lot, sad a lot? I do and I notice that I am. I am addicted to sadness, loneliness, lowness. I wondered why in the past but now I think I know why. I was alone a lot when I was a kid and when I was with people, they hurt me in ways that a child shouldn't be hurt. I wonder if this has caused me to put up a wall and avoid people to prevent me from getting hurt. I hurt myself in order to stop the pain from others. I listen to sad songs, rock songs mainly, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Staind, those types of songs, and if you know those bands then you can probably think of the songs I am talking about. Is this something that you suffer from? Is this something you have beaten? Am I alone in this?
I feel like this all the time!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #8
Buffy01
Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,255 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Addicted to sadness

3,393 hugs
given
Default Re: Addicted to sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
I think those bands have music that relatable when the pain one has felt is understood by these musicians as well. So, no, you aren't alone in feeling these things. Someone that's been neglected and isolated will have trepidation in socializing with others.
I listen to a lot of Evanescence.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines