Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Coping with Emotions

advertisement

Old 01-12-2018, 01:39 AM   #1
ExplodingSun56 has no updates.

My Mood:

12 hugs
given
Default I hate people

A lot of people just piss me off. I want to disconnect from people. Disconnect from everybody. But that would probably be too much for me to be able to do. I feel like I can't talk to anyone. They just constantly judge you and no matter what you say it doesn't help. So I just want to stay away from people. Just disconnect from people and society. I'll probably end up being alone. Which I really don't want but I'd be alone anyways by being around people who make me feel that way. So either way it's gonna suck. My anxiety around people doesn't help either. But it's not just because I have anxiety around people they also give me reasons to have more anxiety. One day everyone is just gonna disconnect from people and quit interacting with each other cause no one will try to understand each other whether it be emotionally or logically. People will be stuck in they're own heads and they'll quit trying to understand each other and then everyone will just disconnect from each other cause right now that's what I want to do. So what if that were to happen? What if humanity just quit being social and they didn't interact with each other? Would that be a good thing? Maybe it would be I don't know. We could all just quit talking to each other and just be by ourselves.
ExplodingSun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-12-2018, 04:06 AM   #2
Grand Magnate

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

My Mood:

5,652 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I hate people

Humans are social creatures.. they need each other to survive. I'm sorry you can't connect with others
MickeyCheeky is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 AM   #3

Agent Misty the shadow lurker

My Mood:

18 hugs
given

I don't hate people but I hate the games people play, so to speak. I am not a socializer so looking out a lot of people look 'portrayed' and fake to me in their social endeavors. I think this may just be reflecting myself onto others, though. When I socialize I feel myself picking the best parts of me to project and I feel like I have a lot to hide as far as depression/sad thoughts, my past etc. so I am aware that other people are doing the same with their public images. Hiding the less pleasant parts from view. I've only ever gotten along with the more seemingly transparent people who speak their first thoughts, even though I myself am not. I guess it is trust issues. But I do think if we all just stopped talking as you say to "be ourselves", well to me that is just hiding ourselves.
Agent Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
9,269 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: I hate people

People pretty-much just piss me off too. And I have disconnected from them. It works for me. But, then, I'm old. So it's okay...
"Confess your hidden faults. Approach what you find repulsive. Help those you think you cannot help. Anything you are attached to, let it go. Go to places that scare you." (Advice, from her teacher, to the Tibetan yogini, Machig Labdrön)

"In other traditions demons are expelled externally. But in my tradition demons are accepted with compassion." Machig Labdrön, Tibet, 11th Century
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
ExplodingSun56 has no updates.

My Mood:

12 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Misty View Post
I don't hate people but I hate the games people play, so to speak. I am not a socializer so looking out a lot of people look 'portrayed' and fake to me in their social endeavors. I think this may just be reflecting myself onto others, though. When I socialize I feel myself picking the best parts of me to project and I feel like I have a lot to hide as far as depression/sad thoughts, my past etc. so I am aware that other people are doing the same with their public images. Hiding the less pleasant parts from view. I've only ever gotten along with the more seemingly transparent people who speak their first thoughts, even though I myself am not. I guess it is trust issues. But I do think if we all just stopped talking as you say to "be ourselves", well to me that is just hiding ourselves.
Well I think I have trust issues when it comes to talking to people about things but then I really want to talk about it so it's frustrating.
ExplodingSun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
ArchieAus has no updates.

Your right to be wary . On the whole most people are ok to deal with on a superficial level , but true deep connection which can withstand our natural instincts as humans is hard to find . If you live your whole life and can count five people that wouldn't let you down , sell you out for gain , or desert you in time of crisis , then your indeed a very fortunate person . This is not something I would recommend for others , but I generally mistrust everyone I meet , I portray a congenial personality so I don't seem aloof or unfriendly , but I keep them at arms length and never confide in them anything I could possibly regret later . Some people need lots of others around them to feel comfortable , some need few and some need one or maybe none . For myself I do not have one true friend in the world , I don't require them , but I do have one soul mate . This is more than enough for me . So however you lead your life , all you have to do is get lucky once and meet that person or those few people . It can take a few days , or a lifetime to discover them .
ArchieAus is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #7

Medusax has no updates.

My Mood:

77 hugs
given

I have about four people in this world that I know I can count on. I have had very little positive experiences with humans. From the first day of Kindergarten, I was picked on. School was hell for me. In my adult life I don't socialize at work because everyone is into making up the most ridiculous story about things they know nothing about.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
Moderation
Moderation has no updates. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingSun56 View Post
A lot of people just piss me off. I want to disconnect from people. Disconnect from everybody. But that would probably be too much for me to be able to do. I feel like I can't talk to anyone. They just constantly judge you and no matter what you say it doesn't help. So I just want to stay away from people. Just disconnect from people and society. I'll probably end up being alone. Which I really don't want but I'd be alone anyways by being around people who make me feel that way. So either way it's gonna suck. My anxiety around people doesn't help either. But it's not just because I have anxiety around people they also give me reasons to have more anxiety. One day everyone is just gonna disconnect from people and quit interacting with each other cause no one will try to understand each other whether it be emotionally or logically. People will be stuck in they're own heads and they'll quit trying to understand each other and then everyone will just disconnect from each other cause right now that's what I want to do. So what if that were to happen? What if humanity just quit being social and they didn't interact with each other? Would that be a good thing? Maybe it would be I don't know. We could all just quit talking to each other and just be by ourselves.
You know you are not the only one ... in this age most people are not polite and are mean ... they upset me too!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #9
ArchieAus has no updates.

I guess "hate" is either the wrong word you wanted to convey your feelings with , or a very strong emotion . I also don't hate people , but I have no confidence or desire to put my trust in them . Pretty much they have no impact on me , so I guess I'm apathetic to humans . The way you go from hate to apathy is to take their power away . Don't except them to care or understand . Expect the opposite and don't give them ammunition to use against you . If we all are truly honest our own issues are more important to us than other people's issues . So it's not surprising that people are not really invested in our issues . Up until the age of 15 I wanted people to understand and accept me and this caused me a lot of disappointment. It was then that I made a life long decision that no one would would have that control of my feelings again . Doesn't mean you have to become a b#stard p#ick , in fact you can be as compassionate as you wish to be , you just don't require anyone's validation or approval . Their opinion no longer matters and you no longer feel a strong emotion towards them .
ArchieAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #10
Wise Elder
Community Liaison
avlady has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
26.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

i am a social person, but because of my disability, i can't be. I love people and have been burned by them too, but prefer people even so. I hope you can get to forgiving some people in your life, i know i had to forgive alot of people in mine, but it was worth it in the end.
avlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: