Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Coping with Emotions

Old 03-13-2018, 12:32 AM   #31
Curry has no updates.
My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,133 hugs
Default Re: I hate people

I find it helpful to imagine different ways the world could be. Afterwards I can scale down the version in my head, for instance I find it useful to say "**** it" to a lot of things and people I worry about. I also like to be honest about what feelings I am feeling. It frees me to name the feelings that are shadows behind the person I want to be. When I'm angry, that is a feeling that can really hide behind niceness for me. I am working on admitting what I want, this makes me feel the most free. I look at feelings as books in a library. I can take out any book I want and enjoy it.
Curry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 03:53 AM   #32
ExplodingSun56 has no updates.
My Mood:

18 hugs

Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
No, it's not stupid, it's an attempt to deal with something positively, so it's good. One thing I practise all the time though, is letting go. As soon as you notice the triggering thoughts - which activate the negative feelings - begin entering the mind, let them go, quickly[!] Focus on something else. Let them go as if they were a disease. They are a disease, my friend, especially if regulating your emotions is a real problem for you, like me. Things like mindfulness and meditation are useful tools for that purpose.
I definitely have a hard time dealing with my emotions and it's hard for me to let go. I'm trying to focus on what makes me feel good though.
ExplodingSun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #33
Grand Member
cool09 has no updates.
5 yr Member
1 hugs
PC PoohBah!

I'm socially isolated due to my symptoms and I'm in a bad place. I go out of my house twice a day.
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn - Jim Morrison
cool09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #34
Medusax has no updates.
My Mood:

78 hugs

I won't necessarily say I HATE people, but I certainly feel much better when they are not around. True, there are people that I hate, but I don't constantly think about them or why I feel that way. Most of what I like to do most others don't, so I wind up by myself, anyway.
I go about my own business, and keep my mind on myself and my life. I expect the same courtesy from the rest of the world.
Medusax is offline   Reply With Quote