Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Coping with Emotions

advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 06:15 AM   #1
ExplodingSun56 has no updates.

My Mood:

12 hugs
given
Default Feeling hopeless tonight

Don't know what to do. Don't know if things will get better. I feel unmotivated most days. I feel stupid for making another post because nothing has really changed for me. I'm not doing so well tonight. And then there's all these insecurities I have. They're all driving me crazy.
ExplodingSun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 12-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Magnate

golden_eve has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
2,335 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling hopeless tonight

I wish I could offer you some comfort. It's a terrible feeling to feel hopeless. I have been there myself --- for months I was suicidal once and felt completely hopeless. But with therapy, time, lots of forum support and personal effort, I came out of it and things DID get much better. Things turned around. I hope the same for you. ((((((((Hugs)))))))))

~Bob Marley
golden_eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Sassandclass has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingSun56 View Post
Don't know what to do. Don't know if things will get better. I feel unmotivated most days. I feel stupid for making another post because nothing has really changed for me. I'm not doing so well tonight. And then there's all these insecurities I have. They're all driving me crazy.

Iím sorry youíre feeling this way
You said you have insecurities. Do you know exactly what they are? Maybe you could work on them if you know what they are, and gradually heal the worst of them.
Sassandclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
Grand Magnate

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

My Mood:

5,679 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm so sorry Do you want to talk about these insecurities?
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
Grand Poohbah

TheSadGirl Sad

My Mood:

772 hugs
given

Don't feel stupid for posting. We are all here for support. If you need to talk, please talk.

Meds: Lithium, Zoloft, Vyvanse
TheSadGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #6

My Mood:

12 hugs
given

Well for one I don't even have a job yet so my friends and family are judging me cause of that. They don't know that I'm just having a hard time. It's hard to get motivated or even see a point in living when your dealing with all the feelings I'm dealing with. Little do they know though I'm trying to get help. I'm going to therapy and seeing if someone can help me do what I want to do. People just don't understand me. I want to go to college and do something but I had a hard time in school and I'm afraid I won't get the help I need. People probably see me as a kid still and treat me like that. Well I'm not. I'm just going through a hard time in life and I'm trying to get out of this rut I feel stuck in. Go ahead and judge me. I bet some of the people reading this are. But they don't undersatnd what I'm feeling. I'm trying. I do want to try. These things I'm feeling are almost too much to bear. Sometimes people feel like they just can't move on with life. I wish people could understand that but I think empathy, sympathy and understanding are all dead. All people do is criticize you. Pisses me off. Makes me feel like ****. My feelings are stupid.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #7

My Mood:

12 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingSun56 View Post
Well for one I don't even have a job yet so my friends and family are judging me cause of that. They don't know that I'm just having a hard time. It's hard to get motivated or even see a point in living when your dealing with all the feelings I'm dealing with. Little do they know though I'm trying to get help. I'm going to therapy and seeing if someone can help me do what I want to do. People just don't understand me. I want to go to college and do something but I had a hard time in school and I'm afraid I won't get the help I need. People probably see me as a kid still and treat me like that. Well I'm not. I'm just going through a hard time in life and I'm trying to get out of this rut I feel stuck in. Go ahead and judge me. I bet some of the people reading this are. But they don't undersatnd what I'm feeling. I'm trying. I do want to try. These things I'm feeling are almost too much to bear. Sometimes people feel like they just can't move on with life. I wish people could understand that but I think empathy, sympathy and understanding are all dead. All people do is criticize you. Pisses me off. Makes me feel like ****. My feelings are stupid.
All anyone does is just tell you to man up. Well thanks that definitely makes me feel better about myself. As if I didn't already feel bad enough.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #8
Grand Poohbah

TheSadGirl Sad

My Mood:

772 hugs
given

Your feelings are not stupid. I'm sorry you feel like no one understands. I definitely know how that feels. Keep going and doing the best you can. Other peoples opinions really don't matter. You deserve to be happy!

Meds: Lithium, Zoloft, Vyvanse
TheSadGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
Grand Magnate

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

My Mood:

5,679 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

It's a great thing you're trying to get help. Your feelings are totally valid, please don't let other people convince you of the opposite.
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #10
MarmeeNoir has no updates.

2 hugs
given

your feelings are valid.
MarmeeNoir is offline   Reply With Quote