Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Coping with Emotions



advertisement
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
Member
Ljj7000 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 70
My Mood:

35 hugs
given
Default Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

For the whole day, I've been having feelings of anxiety and weirdness. It has been bothering me on and off. The anxiety part sucks. The "weirdness" part is starting to bother me. I wish these feelings would go away. Plus, I have the common cold so that could be a possible side effect of this.

I really need advice. Please help.

Can you relate? If so, what did you do to get over these feelings?

What can I do to feel better? Any suggestions?
Ljj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 09-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Poohbah
 
Shazerac's Avatar
Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.
 
Member Since: May 2015
Location: earth
Posts: 1,122
My Mood:

2 yr Member
379 hugs
given
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

as science is beginning to understand the mind body connection, they have discovered a link between having a virus and anxiety and depression.
__________________

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

Please don't sew a label on me...I hate stitches

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013
Seroquel 100 > 75mg as of 9/1/17
Celexa 40mg > 30 mg as of 9/1/17 > 20mg 9/19/17
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 200mg > 100mg as of 9/1/17

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #3
Member
 
SorryShaped's Avatar
SorryShaped has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 122
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazerac View Post
as science is beginning to understand the mind body connection, they have discovered a link between having a virus and anxiety and depression.
Exactly! This is why some people see "halos" before migraines or seizures. I'm getting over an inner ear infection currently and still can't get past the little bit of "oddness" that I can't describe, which gives me some anxiety
SorryShaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 09-04-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member
 
golden_eve's Avatar
golden_eve UGH, Tuesday!
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 556
My Mood:

2 yr Member
449 hugs
given
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Are you still feeling this way today? Perhaps distract yourself and engage yourself with activities that help you to feel better, i.e., reading a good book you enjoy, watching feel-good movies, taking a long walk, exercise, talking to friends, seeing friends, taking a nice hot bubble bath, listening to soothing music or anything you can think of that would be enjoyable and comforting for you. Sometimes, we just have to ride through the bad days and do whatever we can do to feel a little better. Take good care of you through this and it will pass soon enough. It usually does. ((((Hugs)))))
golden_eve is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Grand Magnate
 
Thunder Bow's Avatar
Thunder Bow is a Navajo Shaman
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,884 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Maybe you are thinking of making a change in your life, thus the anxiety wand weird feelings.
__________________


www.lightningthunderbow.com
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
Elder
 
Jennifer 1967's Avatar
Jennifer 1967 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 6,641 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

2 yr Member
13.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljj7000 View Post
For the whole day, I've been having feelings of anxiety and weirdness. It has been bothering me on and off. The anxiety part sucks. The "weirdness" part is starting to bother me. I wish these feelings would go away. Plus, I have the common cold so that could be a possible side effect of this.

I really need advice. Please help.

Can you relate? If so, what did you do to get over these feelings?

What can I do to feel better? Any suggestions?
Distraction and meditation work well with me. Are you taking any cold medicine that may be contributing to these feelings?
Jennifer 1967 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #7
Member
Ljj7000 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 70
My Mood:

35 hugs
given
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazerac View Post
as science is beginning to understand the mind body connection, they have discovered a link between having a virus and anxiety and depression.
Thanks. This sounds like it could be right.
Ljj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Member
Ljj7000 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 70
My Mood:

35 hugs
given
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
Are you still feeling this way today? Perhaps distract yourself and engage yourself with activities that help you to feel better, i.e., reading a good book you enjoy, watching feel-good movies, taking a long walk, exercise, talking to friends, seeing friends, taking a nice hot bubble bath, listening to soothing music or anything you can think of that would be enjoyable and comforting for you. Sometimes, we just have to ride through the bad days and do whatever we can do to feel a little better. Take good care of you through this and it will pass soon enough. It usually does. ((((Hugs)))))
Thank you. I appreciate this.

To answer your question, I feel a lot better. I was probably in a rut. Those sound like good suggestions. Meditation sounds like a plus.

When I was feeling bad yesterday, I took a walk outside to see if that would help. I felt a little better. What you said about "riding through the bad days" sounds accurate and speaks to me a lot.

Usually, I try to remind myself that negative feelings are temporary, which helps.

But I cannot thank you enough for your response.
Ljj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #9
Member
Ljj7000 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 70
My Mood:

35 hugs
given
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow View Post
Maybe you are thinking of making a change in your life, thus the anxiety wand weird feelings.
This sounds like it could be true. There are some changes I want to make in my life. So I guess anxiety can be a natural "side effect" of this aspect of my life.
Ljj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
Member
Ljj7000 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 70
My Mood:

35 hugs
given
Default Re: Emotions and feelings that are difficult to expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 1967 View Post
Distraction and meditation work well with me. Are you taking any cold medicine that may be contributing to these feelings?
I'm taking this cough suppressant as of now. It only helps a little. Those sound like good suggestions though.
Ljj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines