Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Post-traumatic Stress > Complex PTSD



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #1
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: at home
Posts: 3,917 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,696 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default What would you say?

The VA has this BHIP program and supposedly it's where I will meet with a Psychologist, Psychiatrist, SW, and MD I think I left one out. But anyway...I'm suppose to tell them what I think I need as far as treatment. I don't know what I need , but what we have done so far is not moving along for the time and effort put into it.
Looks like the VA is going to finally start helping the women veterans more.
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/va-se...male-veterans/
__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-12-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
Poohbah
 
reb569's Avatar
reb569 ??!!??
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,229 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
The VA has this BHIP program and supposedly it's where I will meet with a Psychologist, Psychiatrist, SW, and MD I think I left one out. But anyway...I'm suppose to tell them what I think I need as far as treatment. I don't know what I need , but what we have done so far is not moving along for the time and effort put into it.
Looks like the VA is going to finally start helping the women veterans more.
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/va-se...male-veterans/

That is great. What I like is he's not trying to say that the VA is doing it, but that they are striving to do it, and have a long way to go. It kind of gives you hope.

I saw this article yesterday and I really liked it:

5 Things Women Veterans Want Everyone To Know

Anyway -- the program you mention above, if done right, it seems like it could be a good program. It all depends on the professionals that make up the team and what works best for the individual. Are you going to try it?

By the way -- Happy Veteran's Day yesterday!
__________________
"Do you know whatís really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It canít go away, you see. AndÖ and it follows you around like a ghost."
~ A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) (2003)

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: at home
Posts: 3,917 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,696 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb569 View Post
That is great. What I like is he's not trying to say that the VA is doing it, but that they are striving to do it, and have a long way to go. It kind of gives you hope.

I saw this article yesterday and I really liked it:

5 Things Women Veterans Want Everyone To Know

Anyway -- the program you mention above, if done right, it seems like it could be a good program. It all depends on the professionals that make up the team and what works best for the individual. Are you going to try it?

By the way -- Happy Veteran's Day yesterday!
Happy Veterans day to you as well, a little late but still mean it sincerely.
That was a good article thanks for sharing. We are all veterans, I wouldn't wear a shirt that said women veteran.
Now if the VA will put their money where the mouth is that will be great.
The BHIP meeting is stressing me out. Going into a room of people I may or may not know is stressful. Then what do I say I need? I don't know.
__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
Poohbah
 
reb569's Avatar
reb569 ??!!??
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,229 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
Happy Veterans day to you as well, a little late but still mean it sincerely.
That was a good article thanks for sharing. We are all veterans, I wouldn't wear a shirt that said women veteran.
Now if the VA will put their money where the mouth is that will be great.
The BHIP meeting is stressing me out. Going into a room of people I may or may not know is stressful. Then what do I say I need? I don't know.
I agree, a veteran is a veteran.

Also agree, I hope the VA follows through.

I'm not sure about this meeting. I think you've mentioned before in other posts that generally, you want your life back. Is that enough. To tell them, this is what I've done in the past, this is what I do now, I want something different?

I understand your stress. I truly do, and I'm not sure how I would handle it myself.
__________________
"Do you know whatís really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It canít go away, you see. AndÖ and it follows you around like a ghost."
~ A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) (2003)

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: at home
Posts: 3,917 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,696 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb569 View Post
I agree, a veteran is a veteran.

Also agree, I hope the VA follows through.

I'm not sure about this meeting. I think you've mentioned before in other posts that generally, you want your life back. Is that enough. To tell them, this is what I've done in the past, this is what I do now, I want something different?

I understand your stress. I truly do, and I'm not sure how I would handle it myself.
You are right I have said I wanted my life back, but now I think those were just words. Because I don't remember what life was like before. Finding that some parts of my life have been a lie as to being happy. I just don't know what to tell them, but I don't want to show up with nothing.
__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 11-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #6
Poohbah
 
reb569's Avatar
reb569 ??!!??
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,229 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
You are right I have said I wanted my life back, but now I think those were just words. Because I don't remember what life was like before. Finding that some parts of my life have been a lie as to being happy. I just don't know what to tell them, but I don't want to show up with nothing.
Maybe come up with a list of things that you want to do, that you currently can't do? Help putting your past behind you and concentrating on looking forward?
__________________
"Do you know whatís really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It canít go away, you see. AndÖ and it follows you around like a ghost."
~ A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) (2003)

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: at home
Posts: 3,917 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,696 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Those are good questions. But I feel so numb that I don't know what I want to or would look forward to.
__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 11-14-2017, 01:51 AM   #8
Poohbah
 
reb569's Avatar
reb569 ??!!??
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,229 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Maybe that's the answer then. Help finding where you want to go, what you want to do.
__________________
"Do you know whatís really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It canít go away, you see. AndÖ and it follows you around like a ghost."
~ A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) (2003)

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: at home
Posts: 3,917 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,696 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb569 View Post
Maybe that's the answer then. Help finding where you want to go, what you want to do.
Okay, I can tell them that. The meeting is tomorrow
Thanks.
__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:24 AM   #10
Poohbah
 
reb569's Avatar
reb569 ??!!??
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,229 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What would you say?

I hope it goes well!
__________________
"Do you know whatís really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It canít go away, you see. AndÖ and it follows you around like a ghost."
~ A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) (2003)

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines