Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Post-traumatic Stress > Complex PTSD

advertisement
Unread 09-27-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
Grand Member

-Astral- has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig shouting trigger

SHOUTING SHOUTING all around me fights between two people in a room full of people trying to have a spiritual surrounding had to walk out and leave had enough of it one of the people who run the group checked if i was ok i told him i just cant handel things like that the people shouting and fight was between two people with mental health problems i have mental health problems this lady who started shouting in the first place has started to be a regular visitor she was there last week as i wasnt there that week as i was ill ( psychically ) but my husband told me my husband wasnt there with me today as he lost the key to the house but found a spare set later on after this happened
I REMEMBER SO MUCH SHOUTING Between my mum and step dad or my mother shouting and swearing at me bring things to the front of my mind and am trying to be good am trying to be ok my husband is doing the garden at the moment but there a lot of things in the house i can use to hurt myself but am not going to do that unsure if i can keep going to that group if it distresses me most of my friends go there including the people who run the group its in the hosptial and she is one of the full term mentally ill people there so she has every right to be there
i feel so fragile at the moment

-Astral- is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 09-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
Magnate

Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,186 hugs
given
Default Re: shouting trigger

Sorry you are going through this. I don't handle shouting well at all.

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.Ē Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013 -
Seroquel 100 > 75mg as of 9/1/17
Celexa 40mg > 30 mg as of 9/1/17 > 20mg 9/19/17
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 200mg > 100mg as of 9/1/17

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Grand Magnate

Trace14 drowning

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,365 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Asphyxia- View Post
SHOUTING SHOUTING all around me fights between two people in a room full of people trying to have a spiritual surrounding had to walk out and leave had enough of it one of the people who run the group checked if i was ok i told him i just cant handel things like that the people shouting and fight was between two people with mental health problems i have mental health problems this lady who started shouting in the first place has started to be a regular visitor she was there last week as i wasnt there that week as i was ill ( psychically ) but my husband told me my husband wasnt there with me today as he lost the key to the house but found a spare set later on after this happened
I REMEMBER SO MUCH SHOUTING Between my mum and step dad or my mother shouting and swearing at me bring things to the front of my mind and am trying to be good am trying to be ok my husband is doing the garden at the moment but there a lot of things in the house i can use to hurt myself but am not going to do that unsure if i can keep going to that group if it distresses me most of my friends go there including the people who run the group its in the hosptial and she is one of the full term mentally ill people there so she has every right to be there
i feel so fragile at the moment
Shouting is a trigger for me too. Not sure that will ever change. But I do try to avoid people and places where I know shouting would be very likely.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 09-28-2017, 02:06 AM   #4
Poohbah

reb569 ??!!??

My Mood:

279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Shouting is a major trigger for me. Especially male voices.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #5
Grand Magnate

Wild Coyote has no updates.

My Mood:

24.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: shouting trigger

Shouting is a huge trigger for me, too.
I trigger immediately.
I do the fight, flight or freeze immediately.

Anyone shouting at me and showing aggression toward me has drawn a wild card, because I am as apt to react by standing up to them as I am to take flight. It scares me. It makes my adrenaline flow to just write this much.

I hope you've been able to calm yourself and can stay calm... and safe!

WC

Kutless - What Faith Can Do
https://youtu.be/u1JBSQMkQEo
Wild Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
34.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Shouting and aggression is a huge trigger to me as well.

I also do the flight, fight or freeze