Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Post-traumatic Stress > Complex PTSD

advertisement
Unread 05-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Magnate

Só leigheas is down in the forest.

4,424 hugs
given
Default 'Who We Are'

“I had to be a father, and I had to be a mother to keep him safe, and that wasn’t fair. And I couldn’t do it. I hate you and I love you. Because I can’t help it. You’re my mom.” -Supernatural, 'Who We Are'.

Everything I've ever wanted to say, words pulled right out of my mind, words I've never allowed to leave my tongue. I didn't know it was alright to feel this way. To both love and hate. Love because you can't help it, after all, that's your mother. Hate because everything she did, it hurt and it still hurts.

I had to watch you leave mom, over and over again. I had a little brother who knew nothing of taking care of himself and no one else was there. I didn't know what I was doing and I failed him over and over again. I was a kid who had to be a parent. All I knew of parenting was what not to do because I understood what it did to me. Do you understand that? Can you grasp the never ending pressure on my shoulders? Maybe you can because you left me. You left us. And he had to suffer through having an older sibling as a parent rather than his mom or dad. You were gone and dad avoided parenting until it was convenient for him, and it rarely ever was.

With all of this, I will quote this episode again, "I understand and I forgive you." Now please, forgive yourself and just be our mother. Please.

Só leigheas is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
Magnate

Trace14 mentally exhausted

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,290 hugs
given
Default Re: 'Who We Are'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Só leigheas View Post
“I had to be a father, and I had to be a mother to keep him safe, and that wasn’t fair. And I couldn’t do it. I hate you and I love you. Because I can’t help it. You’re my mom.” -Supernatural, 'Who We Are'.

Everything I've ever wanted to say, words pulled right out of my mind, words I've never allowed to leave my tongue. I didn't know it was alright to feel this way. To both love and hate. Love because you can't help it, after all, that's your mother. Hate because everything she did, it hurt and it still hurts.

I had to watch you leave mom, over and over again. I had a little brother who knew nothing of taking care of himself and no one else was there. I didn't know what I was doing and I failed him over and over again. I was a kid who had to be a parent. All I knew of parenting was what not to do because I understood what it did to me. Do you understand that? Can you grasp the never ending pressure on my shoulders? Maybe you can because you left me. You left us. And he had to suffer through having an older sibling as a parent rather than his mom or dad. You were gone and dad avoided parenting until it was convenient for him, and it rarely ever was.

With all of this, I will quote this episode again, "I understand and I forgive you." Now please, forgive yourself and just be our mother. Please.
Very well written. I wish I had a magic wand that I could take away the pain of the people here I care so deeply for but hardly know. Words of pain are so loud and often here, sadly we all are familiar to that sound.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
29.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

((((((( So leigheas )))))))
Unread 05-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
"I'm scarlet inside"

Fharraige "'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station"

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3,888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

So sorry that you had to go through this.

BP Type 1, GAD, PTSD, BPD
Latuda, Artane, Neurontin, Vistaril and some other stuff

My poetry and prose
My Flickr Photostream
Fharraige is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-21-2017, 03:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

reb569 Feeling hopeless

My Mood:

100 hugs
given

I'm short on words these days. Emotionally numb I guess, having a hard time putting thoughts into words, but I do care. Hugs out to you.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. I’ve always felt that I wasn’t a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-21-2017, 03:49 AM   #6
Grand Member

Hopingtrying has no updates.

1,785 hugs
given

So much pressure, so young. <<Extra hugs>>
Hopingtrying is offline   Reply With Quote