Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Community Feedback & Technical Support

advertisement
Closed Thread
Unread 07-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #21
Grand Magnate

bluebicycle Supar kitteh

My Mood:

11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Starting community participation threads - blocked members

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
also the ignore feature is not a punishment of preventing others from posting their points of view.. anyone who is on someones ignore list is free to make their own thread and post reflecting their own points of view...

example if I see a thread discussing mood swings and I find out that I am on the original posters ignore list I can post about my own situation with mood swings by starting my own thread.

I look at the ignore list and not being able to post in every single members thread just like real life. in real life there are people that we dont want to be friends with or engage in conversation with and there are people who do not want to be my friend and engage in conversation with me... does that mean I cry and ask someone to force the other to have contact with me or have someone force me to have contact with them.... of course not. in real life its just normal to know people who I dont like and dont want to have contact with and its normal for me to know people who do not like me and dont want contact with me....
Definitely agree! 100%. But this thread is not about why people do or don't block each other, or why people should or shouldn't block. It's about the ability to participate.

The OP of that thread is definitely 100% entitled to block whoever she wants. We all want to have a good experience on this site, and if blocking certain members helps, then I say go for it. Tailor your experience to your liking because this site is meant to be a positive place where we can all feel safe and get the support we deserve.

However, WC here wants to participate in a thread that she was previously allowed to participate in and enjoyed participating in, but now she cannot simply b/c the thread has changed ownership.

I would argue it's a community thread b/c that's how the first two were designed to be. The third one (this one) is designed to be no different. It's just a revitalization of the previous thread, except under a new owner.

Bipolar 1, GAD, ADHD
Klonopin, Lamictal, Lexapro,
Rexulti, Ritalin

"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 07-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #22
Elder

amandalouise female, lesbian, wife mother career

8 yr Member
460 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
Definitely agree! 100%. But this thread is not about why people do or don't block each other, or why people should or shouldn't block. It's about the ability to participate.

The OP of that thread is definitely 100% entitled to block whoever she wants. We all want to have a good experience on this site, and if blocking certain members helps, then I say go for it. Tailor your experience to your liking because this site is meant to be a positive place where we can all feel safe and get the support we deserve.

However, WC here wants to participate in a thread that she was previously allowed to participate in and enjoyed participating in, but now she cannot simply b/c the thread has changed ownership.

I would argue it's a community thread b/c that's how the first two were designed to be. The third one (this one) is designed to be no different. It's just a revitalization of the previous thread, except under a new owner.
then maybe we are talking about different threads lol sorry for misunderstanding....

my suggestion is contact a moderator. Reason I say this is if I remember right somewhere it does say if a thread reaches 100 the mods close the thread and open another one so that its not a situation of someone else starting another thread who may have people on ignore. let them know what thread has changed hands and they may be able to help sort things out.

my locations (USA) Dissociative Disorders diagnostic criteriahttp://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...s-dsm-5-a.html

USA insurance forms sometimes require the ICD codes. it is less detailed and a bit different in wording than the DSM5 but is the same diagnostic criteria http://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Cod...48/F44-/F44.81

Sense of Agency is a new term associated with DID in my location (USA) http://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...se-agency.html

Reality Testing is a new diagnostic criteria for dissociative disorders here in the USA http://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...ml#post5180743

co consciousness https://forums.psychcentral.com/diss...ciousness.html

Revolving door http://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...ving-door.html

Testing procedures in the USA and .......Sample tests (not used for diagnosis purposes).......
https://forums.psychcentral.com/diss...disorders.html
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-16-2017, 08:09 PM   #23
Grand Magnate

bizi has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
9,019 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: Starting community participation threads - blocked members

I started a new new diet thread.
bizi
tapering down klonipin .25 mg at nite to sleep
75mg seroquel for sleep
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:18 AM   #24
smoke and sɹoɹɹıɯ

Crazy Hitch I feel like sheeeeeet

My Mood:

3 yr Member
10.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yeah that ignore feature sucks a bit if a member posts a kuddo regarding another member that I can't reply to. Anywhooooo ... it's an imperfect system but it's designed to do the best it can do and I've been told to just restart a thread or something along those lines ...

It looks like the post you were referring to has been closed.
Unread 07-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #25
Grand Magnate

Wild Coyote has no updates.

My Mood:

19.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: Starting community participation threads - blocked members

The original intention of this thread is: Awareness.

It was my intention to make members aware that if they start a community-oriented participation thread, members on the OP's "ignore" list will be blocked from participating in the community-oriented thread.

I feel my point/intention has been made successfully.

Thanks so much for feedback.

WC
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #26
is not into titles...
sophiesmom has no updates.

3 yr Member
2,522 hugs
given

I didn't read this as being the "intention"....

Maybe some others misinterpreted it, too.

So glad you are able to make your point clearly.

Last edited by sophiesmom; 07-17-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread