MoxieDoxie trust is a myth and caring is a painful lie

My Mood: I can no longer post on this site anymore

5 yr Member
282 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default I can no longer post on this site anymore

https://forums.psychcentral.com/comm...ml#post6010413

Because of this situation I just do not feel safe that my words are not going to be used out side on another site in a article without my permission.

I will still be here lingering and if I feel I need to add my 2 cents to a post I will private message the OP.
When a child’s emotional needs are not met and a child is repeatedly hurt and abused, this deeply and profoundly affects the child’s development. Wanting those unmet childhood needs in adulthood. Looking for safety, protection, being cherished and loved can often be normal unmet needs in childhood, and the survivor searches for these in other adults. This can be where survivors search for mother and father figures. Transference issues in counseling can occur and this is normal for childhood abuse survivors.

advertisement
Old 02-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #2
MoxieDoxie
Grand Poohbah

5 yr Member
282 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I can no longer post on this site anymore

https://www.emaxhealth.com/1/i-know-...-dont-know-how

You want to bet this is also from a post here.
When a child’s emotional needs are not met and a child is repeatedly hurt and abused, this deeply and profoundly affects the child’s development. Wanting those unmet childhood needs in adulthood. Looking for safety, protection, being cherished and loved can often be normal unmet needs in childhood, and the survivor searches for these in other adults. This can be where survivors search for mother and father figures. Transference issues in counseling can occur and this is normal for childhood abuse survivors.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 08:55 AM   #3
scarlett35
scarlett35 has no updates.

So sorry you feel you can't post anymore. I feel like I've had my privacy invaded which is horrible. I'm tempted to not post myself. I think it needs to be members only viewing and also when we sign up we have to tick something to say we won't use content on other sites.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #4
LadyShadow
Account Suspended
LadyShadow Went to the other side and beyond, and there is no turning back from here

5 yr Member
8,179 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Actually there is something like that, a "member's only" posting section. It's called the "Premier Poobah Forum" here: https://forums.psychcentral.com/premier-poohbah-forum/

I think you have to be at a level of "Poohbah" to access that section though which I think is "3,000 posts in any amount of time, or 600 posts in about 4 years' time, or is a part of our moderation team here." as the section rules have stated.

The only downside is, I don't think you guys have made it to that many posts yet, so if you want to rack up some posts, hang out in the "Games" section or "General Social Chat" section and contribute. I mean I had done that a while back when I wanted to have a "Custom User Title" which is probably a silly reason for doing that, but then again, silly things usually make me happy.

Again, I am sorry this happened to you scarlett35 and that you feel this way Moxie, I am sure someone will address this soon, if not DocJohn then at least one of the moderators can at least weigh in.

Hugs to the both of you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
MoxieDoxie
Grand Poohbah

5 yr Member
282 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
Actually there is something like that, a "member's only" posting section. It's called the "Premier Poobah Forum" here: https://forums.psychcentral.com/premier-poohbah-forum/

I think you have to be at a level of "Poohbah" to access that section though which I think is "3,000 posts in any amount of time, or 600 posts in about 4 years' time, or is a part of our moderation team here." as the section rules have stated.

The only downside is, I don't think you guys have made it to that many posts yet, so if you want to rack up some posts, hang out in the "Games" section or "General Social Chat" section and contribute. I mean I had done that a while back when I wanted to have a "Custom User Title" which is probably a silly reason for doing that, but then again, silly things usually make me happy.

Again, I am sorry this happened to you scarlett35 and that you feel this way Moxie, I am sure someone will address this soon, if not DocJohn then at least one of the moderators can at least weigh in.

Hugs to the both of you.

No you can also donate and that will get you in there also.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #6
LadyShadow
Account Suspended
LadyShadow Went to the other side and beyond, and there is no turning back from here

5 yr Member
8,179 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
No you can also donate and that will get you in there also.
Oh, that's right. Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that one though. Paying money just so you feel safe and private on a site? Eh, I don't like the way that sounds, maybe its just me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #7
MoxieDoxie
Grand Poohbah

5 yr Member
282 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I would pay small yearly fee to keep this private.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:12 AM   #8
seesaw
Human

seesaw is tired of other people's BS

3 yr Member
531 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

This one is also directly from this site: https://www.emaxhealth.com/1/falling...t-live-feeling

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #9
seesaw
Human

3 yr Member
531 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I believe DocJohn could find this man's IP address and block him from accessing PC. I think that should be done.

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
Hugs from:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #10
seesaw
Human

3 yr Member
531 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Um, so I'm sure DocJohn will do something. The TOS are pretty clear:

"Use of Intellectual Property

All users, visitors and members who access this forum agree not to copy and paste, quote, print-out, distribute, or otherwise use a member's postings or other contributions to the community on another website, blog, or service (including Psych Central's free user blogs) without first obtaining the expressed written consent and permission of the author to do so via a PM or email."

This "visitor" broke the TOS. I'm sure they will be dealt with.

Closed Thread