advertisement
Unread 03-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
Account Suspended

MicroChat has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Default How does Uber/Lyft work?

Do you need to take a test? Do you need a special license? This sounds like a great job.
MicroChat is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 03-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
Resurgent

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
429 hugs
given
Default Re: How does Uber/Lyft work?

While I have never actually driven for Uber, I have known 2 people who have with one of them being somebody that I have known since childhood and I've asked them about the process.

From what I was told, all you need to be approved is to be able to pass a background check, proof of license and insurance, your license must be at least a year old, and your car must be a 2004 model or later. I doubt that you need to take any tests since they already require you to have been driving for at least a year and they don't have an interview process to speak of.

As for Lyft, I am not familiar with them since they only started up where I live last year, but I assume they function similarly to Uber.

If I met the requirements, I would certainly become an Uber driver considering they take anybody that qualifies without having to go through any annoying job interviews or expecting you to have all of these unreasonable qualifications like having 5 years of experience or having a PhD just to drive with them unlike most jobs in capitalist America. Not to mention, I hear the pay is great if you work Uber/Lyft enough.

So yeah, if you qualify, go for it!

DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #3

Emily Fox Seaton has no updates.

58 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
As for Lyft, I am not familiar with them since they only started up where I live last year, but I assume they function similarly to Uber.

Someone told me that if you drive for Lyft, if you agree to pick up a person you MUST deliver them to where they want, even if it is really far. This gives me some pause. Also does anyone know, I don't drive a ton unless I prepped the route in advance. Does the person tell you how to get to where you need to go?
Emily Fox Seaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #4
Resurgent

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
429 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
Someone told me that if you drive for Lyft, if you agree to pick up a person you MUST deliver them to where they want, even if it is really far. This gives me some pause. Also does anyone know, I don't drive a ton unless I prepped the route in advance. Does the person tell you how to get to where you need to go?
Uber and I think life as well give you a free iPhone with a built in navigation app that tells you where the customer wants to go so driving with either is good even for us directionally challenged folk

As for being required to drive somebody really far, I think Lyft is more lenient with letting you specify a certain distance or only having to drive along a certain route (such as on your way home from work) then Uber but I'm really unsure. I would suggest looking it up to verify.

DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
Monkey1111 has no updates.

5 hugs
given

Try it if you're interested, but I haven't heard the greatest things about Uber. They've been known to quickly fire people, simply for having someone give them a rating that's not quite good enough. Overall, it's a job that has an extremely high turnover rate and many people only do it for a couple of weeks. Plus, you're bound to encounter some very drunk and/or difficult to deal with people. However, for some people it works out good, particularly if you're a good driver and tend to relate to people well. For the people it works out for, you can make a couple thousand dollars a month or more in some areas.
Monkey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote