Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Distractions > Classifieds and Job Postings

advertisement
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:40 PM   #1
AND123 has no updates.

2 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Need a handcrafted idea to sell for extra income

I'm very creative, and need things to keep my mind and hands busy. I'd love to start selling things on etsy, but quite honestly I lack any "original" ideas. I want to create something people can truly enjoy. Any ideas ?
Also, have you had any luck on stay ? Can you offer any tips or tricks ?
AND123 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 07-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
ɘvlovƎ

Crazy Hitch I feel like sheeeeeet

My Mood:

3 yr Member
10.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Need a handcrafted idea to sell for extra income

Jewellery is a a pretty good one if you can start a label going because it's unique and you can customise orders.

Or cards are good too - hand crafted birthday cards etc.

If you have access to a sewing machine personalised lettering on baby item clothing could be good too with baby's initials.
Unread 08-22-2015, 12:19 AM   #3

YMIHere has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given

Christmas is coming and I can tell you one of the coolest things I ever bought from a coworker....

She would make these ornaments. She'd take a glass christmas ball - typical ball, but one of the larger sizes, and then she'd glue teddy bear parts on it. Head, arms and legs. Stick a Santa hat on him and you're good to go. She'd write on the ball a name or, "Baby's First Christmas" which is what I bought for my friend and she said it's her daughter's favorite ornament and she's like 14 now. I paid I think $15 WAY BACK, so if you look at what Hallmark charges for an ornament - people pay it.

I really want to do this myself. Balls are cheap and I think I found the bear parts for less than $4 per bear. Originally I thought she had teddy bear torsos all over but they do sell parts, lol.

P.S. Going to try to team up with my bestie to do this so we could also sell them to work.

WARNING! I have ADHD. Expect long winded, off topic responses. Your understanding is appreciated.
YMIHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Anonymous37784
Anonymous37784 has no updates. Edit

essential oil diffuser necklaces. You can get the parts at most major craft stores
Unread 01-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #5
treeguy00 has no updates.

Unhappy Re: Need a handcrafted idea to sell for extra income

[quote=AND123;4525848]I'm very creative, and need things to keep my mind and hands busy. I'd love to start selling things on etsy, but quite honestly I lack any "original" ideas. I want to create something people can truly enjoy. Any ideas ?
Also, have you had any luck on stay ? Can you offer any tips or tricks ?[/QUOTE'
First things first.this is my 1st eva post to a blog or chatroom(c-I'm not even sure I'm in the right spot.well,yes I am.I stumbled across this site and was ecstatic. everything I need(it seems)to continue this 14yr journey I've undertaken to try to unravel the mystery of myself.I'm diagnosed w maj dep disorder, maj anxiety disorder, Bipolar 2 w slight ocd, ADHD,PTSD.
so having one of those nonstop,racing,rambling minds I too have thought about coming up w an idea that would"take some pressure off"here is my best one(it's tm' d already &#128513
I'm a 44 yo certified arborist from cape cod mass.I have been since 1989.with a BA in forestry I've been doing tree work my whole life.it's not a coincidence my idea started with a small 'pitch' pine sapling about 12" long.I was walking thru the woods one spring morning (the kind of one that cements my decision that once and for all spring is my favorite season.anyhoo,trooper(my 130lb.black lab/Newfoundland mix,ya he is great)and I were throwing sticks and I happened to pick up this little tiny tree .mindlessly I was peeling the sticky bark off the little sapling, revealing a stunningly bright almost yellowish wood with beautiful markings,angles and little branches that held on to bunches of dark green needles.it looked odd.like a black and white picture would look only if it was halfway finished.I carried it w me into the house and kind of forgot about it for a few days.now,being an avid reader,I'm always in need of something to mark my page with.-paper,pens,match books,silverware, cigarettes, coins etc.....yes and sometimes an actual bookmark.later that week I was reading in MY library and needing something quickly to save my page and that little sprig was right there so I threw it in there and forgot about it at that time .I kept using it while reading that book and I trimmed it up a little so it wasn't so bulky.I also sprayed some clear laquer on it because my fingerprints alone were staining the beautiful white wood.it worked.it was during this time I started
wondering if any other people would think that this was the coolest most unique bookmark they had ever seen.people would buy one of these I think.it would have with it a small tag of sorts with info about the tree on it.common name,Latin name,full height, width,does it like Sun or shade.should I fertilize it? general info about the tree and mabe one famous fact or something that distinguishes it from all the other's like "there are so many pitch pines on cape cod because the early settlers stripped the cape of her beautiful hardwoods over the last few hundred years. this is true.what grew back in their place was a gnarly,sharp,messy,salt loving wind tolerant special conifer that completely envelops cape cod today" ..each card would b diff.each twig diff.all kinds of diff species of shrubs and trees could be used.I believe they would sell.this is cape cod.beach.Sun.rest.relax.books and of course one of MY CAPE COD TREEMARKS By max.
so there u have it.my pipe dream.I still think I could do it.I KNOW I CANI'm tired of writing and hungry now so let me know if I did o.k. or not.thanx for listening to me ramble on
treeguy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #6
Account Suspended

Knightsky has no updates.

6 hugs
given

Do you paint? You could offer to paint a picture of someone's pet. Ask them to send a photograph and you can use that as your model.
Knightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #7
Legendary

fishin fool has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
2,226 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

[quote=treeguy00;5442150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AND123 View Post
I'm very creative, and need things to keep my mind and hands busy. I'd love to start selling things on etsy, but quite honestly I lack any "original" ideas. I want to create something people can truly enjoy. Any ideas ?
Also, have you had any luck on stay ? Can you offer any tips or tricks ?[/QUOTE'
First things first.this is my 1st eva post to a blog or chatroom(c-I'm not even sure I'm in the right spot.well,yes I am.I stumbled across this site and was ecstatic. everything I need(it seems)to continue this 14yr journey I've undertaken to try to unravel the mystery of myself.I'm diagnosed w maj dep disorder, maj anxiety disorder, Bipolar 2 w slight ocd, ADHD,PTSD.
so having one of those nonstop,racing,rambling minds I too have thought about coming up w an idea that would"take some pressure off"here is my best one(it's tm' d already &#128513
I'm a 44 yo certified arborist from cape cod mass.I have been since 1989.with a BA in forestry I've been doing tree work my whole life.it's not a coincidence my idea started with a small 'pitch' pine sapling about 12" long.I was walking thru the woods one spring morning (the kind of one that cements my decision that once and for all spring is my favorite season.anyhoo,trooper(my 130lb.black lab/Newfoundland mix,ya he is great)and I were throwing sticks and I happened to pick up this little tiny tree .mindlessly I was peeling the sticky bark off the little sapling, revealing a stunningly bright almost yellowish wood with beautiful markings,angles and little branches that held on to bunches of dark green needles.it looked odd.like a black and white picture would look only if it was halfway finished.I carried it w me into the house and kind of forgot about it for a few days.now,being an avid reader,I'm always in need of something to mark my page with.-paper,pens,match books,silverware, cigarettes, coins etc.....yes and sometimes an actual bookmark.later that week I was reading in MY library and needing something quickly to save my page and that little sprig was right there so I threw it in there and forgot about it at that time .I kept using it while reading that book and I trimmed it up a little so it wasn't so bulky.I also sprayed some clear laquer on it because my fingerprints alone were staining the beautiful white wood.it worked.it was during this time I started
wondering if any other people would think that this was the coolest most unique bookmark they had ever seen.people would buy one of these I think.it would have with it a small tag of sorts with info about the tree on it.common name,Latin name,full height, width,does it like Sun or shade.should I fertilize it? general info about the tree and mabe one famous fact or something that distinguishes it from all the other's like "there are so many pitch pines on cape cod because the early settlers stripped the cape of her beautiful hardwoods over the last few hundred years. this is true.what grew back in their place was a gnarly,sharp,messy,salt loving wind tolerant special conifer that completely envelops cape cod today" ..each card would b diff.each twig diff.all kinds of diff species of shrubs and trees could be used.I believe they would sell.this is cape cod.beach.Sun.rest.relax.books and of course one of MY CAPE COD TREEMARKS By max.
so there u have it.my pipe dream.I still think I could do it.I KNOW I CANI'm tired of writing and hungry now so let me know if I did o.k. or not.thanx for listening to me ramble on
It sounds pretty cool to me. You just never know what will sell so I believe
it is always worth a try. It sounds creative and different, give it a go.
Unread 03-14-2017, 05:43 PM   #8
profound_betrayal determined

3 yr Member
71 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMIHere View Post
Christmas is coming and I can tell you one of the coolest things I ever bought from a coworker....

She would make these ornaments. She'd take a glass christmas ball - typical ball, but one of the larger sizes, and then she'd glue teddy bear parts on it. Head, arms and legs. Stick a Santa hat on him and you're good to go. She'd write on the ball a name or, "Baby's First Christmas" which is what I bought for my friend and she said it's her daughter's favorite ornament and she's like 14 now. I paid I think $15 WAY BACK, so if you look at what Hallmark charges for an ornament - people pay it.

I really want to do this myself. Balls are cheap and I think I found the bear parts for less than $4 per bear. Originally I thought she had teddy bear torsos all over but they do sell parts, lol.

P.S. Going to try to team up with my bestie to do this so we could also sell them to work.

Hi YMIHere, What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. For some reason bears sell! Build a Bear & now this!
Im a 2-d maker so will see, but I agree baby themes are popular ones
Unread 08-10-2017, 01:03 AM   #9
Account Suspended

Qbeeten has no updates.

My Mood:

10 hugs
given

Candles in fancy containers.
Qbeeten is offline   Reply With Quote