Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Childhood Emotional Neglect

advertisement
Unread 09-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Magnate

Trace14 drowning

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,014 hugs
given
Default The Unseen Root of Many Disorders: Childhood Emotional Neglect By Jonice Webb PhD

Another great article by Dr. Webb. It makes sense that CEN is the root of a lot of other problems we deal with as adults.

The Unseen Root of Many Disorders: Childhood Emotional Neglect By Jonice Webb PhD

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/child...ional-neglect/

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 09-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #2

SorryShaped has no updates.

Default Re: The Unseen Root of Many Disorders: Childhood Emotional Neglect By Jonice Webb PhD

Been covering this with my therapist. Can't afford copays for now, so I can't go. I have other appointments coming up I can't afford too. I'm a financial disaster
SorryShaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Magnate

Trace14 drowning

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,014 hugs
given
Default Re: The Unseen Root of Many Disorders: Childhood Emotional Neglect By Jonice Webb PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryShaped View Post
Been covering this with my therapist. Can't afford copays for now, so I can't go. I have other appointments coming up I can't afford too. I'm a financial disaster
Sorry to hear that. Is there any other counseling services that may be cheaper, or free? Usually there's something through Social Services, or even churches provide some counseling.
There's lot's of support here and many have gone through counseling on these topics and may be able to share some of what they have learned. There's also online counseling like Talk Space. So there are some options, and you are not alone in this.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Unread 09-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #4

This is my free counseling. Right here. Otherwise, I work my crap it at the gym, during yoga practice or intense cardio, until my legs want to fall off
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #5

Quote:
This is my free counseling. Right here. Otherwise, I work my crap it at the gym, during yoga practice or intense cardio, until my legs want to fall off
Crap out*
Unread 09-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
Magnate

Trace14 drowning

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,014 hugs
given

Quote:
That's good you've found a way to work it out.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Unread 09-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #7
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear has no updates.

10 yr Member
33k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Unread 09-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #8

cielpur A day without sunshine, is like, you know...night.- Steve Martin

3 yr Member
110 hugs
given

Quote:
Every city (should, I think) have a free walk-in counseling center for people who need to see a therapist but can't afford to pay anything.

I would recommend both of those kind of clinics for you until you get financially stable again. Plus, you should seek out your city's local salvation army b/c they have food panties, monthly food drives (you pick a number, stand in line with bags or boxes, and then a few trucks show up with fresh produce and other grocery food items that you can choose from). The salvation army also can help you with an emergency grant. Same with Psych Central (emergency grant between $250 to $500). I applied and got the $500 PC emergency grant that helped me tremendously.

Or, you can use crowdfunding websites like "youcaring.com" to ask for financial help. I found it after I applied to the PC grant here, and wish I would have used that crowdfunding platform to cover my entire month of expenses.
Unread 09-11-2017, 12:46 AM   #9
Magnate

Trace14 drowning

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,014 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by cielpur View Post
Every city (should, I think) have a free walk-in counseling center for people who need to see a therapist but can't afford to pay anything.

I would recommend both of those kind of clinics for you until you get financially stable again. Plus, you should seek out your city's local salvation army b/c they have food panties, monthly food drives (you pick a number, stand in line with bags or boxes, and then a few trucks show up with fresh produce and other grocery food items that you can choose from). The salvation army also can help you with an emergency grant. Same with Psych Central (emergency grant between $250 to $500). I applied and got the $500 PC emergency grant that helped me tremendously.

Or, you can use crowdfunding websites like "youcaring.com" to ask for financial help. I found it after I applied to the PC grant here, and wish I would have used that crowdfunding platform to cover my entire month of expenses.
That's great information, thanks for sharing.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #10

They have sliding-scale places around here but the care in those places is terribly below usefulness. I went there and tried several therapists and a few of my kids did before health insurance.
However, I found something in my stash of things to sell that had value, a 10k ring. The $50 scrap price paid for one visit with some left for gas. The universe provides.