Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Eating Disorders > Bulimia

advertisement
Unread 07-03-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
kazza34 has no updates.

2 hugs
given
Default do u like or hate bulimia

i have bulimia but i used to be anorexic,i hate being bulimic, i hate losing control and bingeing ,i hate the fact at one time i could go with out food or eat very little, i feel disgusted with myself for bingeing and full of shame and guilt, promising myself never again, but the cravings ,the urges,the emotions and the constant thoughts that i have to binge over take, i try ignoring them but they just get stronger, i have been to many eating disorder forums and some actually like being bulimic,they post pictures of their binge foods and congratulate each other, the more binge foods they have the more the picture is liked,so i am wondering who here actually likes being bulimic and who hates it
kazza34 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 07-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Anonymous37904
Anonymous37904 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: do u like or hate bulimia

I think bulimia is an illness and I do not like any illness
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
MsAmbrosia has no updates.

My Mood:

17 hugs
given

Those sound like they are Pro Mia forums and they can be extremely dangerous. I highly recommend steering clear of any Pro Mia and Pro Ana websites for your own health and safety.

I absolutely hate bulimia. I hate binging. I hate purging. I wouldn't wish it on the world even if I did bring it upon myself.

Be strong!
MsAmbrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2016, 01:22 AM   #4
DisordersRus has no updates.

I hate eating disorders. But like any addiction, it starts out feeling like a solution or a relief, or a way to escape, then it takes over and becomes a trap, a viscious cycle, and a way to feel like crap about myself for winding up in the same place yet again!
DisordersRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #5
kae31 has no updates.

3 yr Member

I totally agree with you. I don't like it at all but I get triggerd so easily into helping me cope with things I can handle I can't change I can't control. It makes me feel better to be able to control and handle something. Then I get the cravings and want to eat wether I binge eat or have "bad food" I feel so guilty and yes it starts all over agai. I've been dealing with this since I was in middle school I've had my ups and downs seemed over time it got worse worse I also had other health issues that kind covers up the damage I know I had done to myself . I had one mahout problem my junior year of highschool and ended up in the hospital for being Mel nutritious but I didn't get official diagnosed to 2 years ago.
kae31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
brodytrent008 has no updates.

You feel a sense of calm and as if everything is in the clear and no more worries until the endorphins from the purge wears off and we are baxk to the beginning of regret, body shaming, and emotional pain.. I understand all comments I'm in the same boat 😢
brodytrent008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #7

Chloe Dancer has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza34 View Post
i have bulimia but i used to be anorexic,i hate being bulimic, i hate losing control and bingeing ,i hate the fact at one time i could go with out food or eat very little, i feel disgusted with myself for bingeing and full of shame and guilt, promising myself never again, but the cravings ,the urges,the emotions and the constant thoughts that i have to binge over take, i try ignoring them but they just get stronger, i have been to many eating disorder forums and some actually like being bulimic,they post pictures of their binge foods and congratulate each other, the more binge foods they have the more the picture is liked,so i am wondering who here actually likes being bulimic and who hates it
I HATE my illness... I hate it.. I don't want it... It has been my crutch since I was 12... It has been my so called friend.. But it isn't... It has taken my life away... These people may think they like it but as they get older they will see the destruction it has caused them.. I am still trying to control it... I have been in treatments and hospitals and lost a marriage, ( much much more... ).. Careers... I am sick all the time... I feel crazy.. My life revolves around the toilet ... I feel suicidal a lot because of it... I want it gone... I work with my therapist and DR weekly now... NO.. I don't want it
Chloe Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote