What crazy things have you done for binge food? - Page 2 - Forums at Psych Central

Old 11-19-2016, 08:49 PM #11

WhippetGood has no updates.

2 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Re: What crazy things have you done for binge food?

I hate that I waste money on foods, that I only to eat half of, and then throw out the rest :/ Though I don't care so much about the money wasting anymore; money can always be earnt back, health can't always
WhippetGood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 09-29-2017, 04:49 PM #12
Magnate

Magnate
Purple,Violet,Blue has no updates.

6,945 hugs
given

Dear friends on this thread, I've read each post carefully and my heart goes out to you.

Please be kind to yourselves.

I still struggle with depression but, thank goodness I recovered from anorexia and bulimia. It can be done. Don't lose heart.

Some of your posts here are so astute and you know exactly what's happening, but feel powerless to break the terrible cycle.

Can I reflect back a few of the things you said?

You're aware that you're 'hurting' yourselves. That's spot on. You might think this is about all sorts of other things. But this is at its heart. It's clear as day once you stop doing it. It's a violent act against the self. You might as well be throwing yourselves repeatedly against a wall.

The key to escape lies right there. Look at how many times shame has been mentioned. Give up the shame right now. Stop beating yourselves up. This is a medical condition you have, similar to OCD. There is NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

Secondly, you say again and again that your know you gain weight during the binges. Again, this is key. A bulimic's shape is in my experience the same as or higher than it would be if they were eating normally (it was certainly true for me). So, you're going through all that for nothing.

The third thing you said was that you can't face life without the relief of binges. That was a particularly difficult one for me to get my head around.

You know what, when you're eating normally and have let go of shame and don't want to throw your beautiful, delicate self against a wall, you can have nice food EVERY DAY. That's what you look forward to.

The food likes you, you like the food. And you're the same weight, or lower, than when you were bulimic.

Hope you don't mind me saying these things. Believe me, I put so many years of misery into ED's. I've carried vomit in plastic bags. I've spent weeks constantly bingeing and purging. I could write a book called Unusual Places I've Vomited In.

All the best, dear ones.

You are lovely, warm, sensitive, perfect creatures who deserve the tenderest of care.
Purple,Violet,Blue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:59 PM #13

itsbeenalongtime has no updates.

jStarted with anorexia at 16 then bulimia for the next 45 years.I'm 60 and can't take this failure hundreds of times over and over again. It cannot be overcome (at least by me). In the midst of a really bad time. I think I would just want to end it all if I didn't have my dog (pets by far are way better than people). Im exhausted and stayed home from work today to eat three dozen cookies, 12 crescent rolls, 4 muffins and two boxes of girl scout cookies....
itsbeenalongtime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote