Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Personality Place > Borderline Personality Disorder

advertisement
Unread 05-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
Grand Poohbah

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

394 hugs
given
Unhappy I just want somebody to take care of me so I can play video games all day.

Video games are the only thing that bring me joy.

People bring me pain.

Having to work a regular job brings me pain.

Having to work harder than everybody else for half of the reward brings me pain.

Being alone and having nobody because I'm too weak to take care of myself brings me pain.

Society and their stigmas against mental illness brings me pain.

Not having memories because I haven't been able to make friends or function in society most of my adult life brings me pain.

I just want to live in a digital world. Gaming is the only thing that I'm good at anyways.

I want somebody to take care of me so I can game all day. I don't want to do anything else.

DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 05-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
Grand Member

subtle lights has no updates.

My Mood:

1,385 hugs
given
Default Re: I just want somebody to take care of me so I can play video games all day.

Maybe you could work as a tester for some gaming software company... This is not an advice just a thought..
Otherwise I can relate, work gives me pain too, especially because it just makes no sense to me that we continuously recreate this system where jobs are created just produce money and continue the cycle, not to acually support people's real needs. In the same time there are people who are happy in this system, so I don't know. It comes down again to realising that I don't fit in.

So, possibly in your case, woking as a game tester wouln't help because you seem to have this need to escape from the real world. Which I have as well...So there is the need to find something which makes us want to stay connected to the "real world", some elements of it that still attract us and makes us feel alive, even only for a short time.
In the same time there could be a lot of other issues, like getting easily overwhelmed when working with people, in stressful situations, anxiety, etc
I got to a place where just reading job boards makes me have sui thoughts. But hopefully there is a solution for everyone...
subtle lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
adashofhope has no updates.

38 hugs
given
Default Re: I just want somebody to take care of me so I can play video games all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
Video games are the only thing that bring me joy.

People bring me pain.

Having to work a regular job brings me pain.

Having to work harder than everybody else for half of the reward brings me pain.

Being alone and having nobody because I'm too weak to take care of myself brings me pain.

Society and their stigmas against mental illness brings me pain.

Not having memories because I haven't been able to make friends or function in society most of my adult life brings me pain.

I just want to live in a digital world. Gaming is the only thing that I'm good at anyways.

I want somebody to take care of me so I can game all day. I don't want to do anything else.
I can relate to some of what you said here. Working a regular job is very difficult for me as well. I would love to just be a housewife and a dog mom. I dont want children though, just pets. I do have dreams of doing more, helping people and traveling, but its getting harder as i get older. I'm in my 30s and the options just seem to be getting slimmer. I feel like i would be content living a simple life. I cant make a relationship work though. I have too many issues and deficiencies.
adashofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
Supreme Artisan

Artchic528 "Somewhere under the rainbow..."

My Mood:

2 yr Member
179 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You have my friendship...

MAY THE GODDESS GRANT YOU PEACE AND TRANQUILITY!!

MY BLOG IS NOW CONVENIENTLY LOCATED HERE!!
[UPDATED: 4/30/2017]

Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
Grand Poohbah

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

394 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artchic528 View Post
You have my friendship...

Thanks. I appreciate it.

It's just not the same as having somebody to hang out with in person, you know?

DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #6
Supreme Artisan

Artchic528 "Somewhere under the rainbow..."

My Mood:

2 yr Member
179 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yeah, I get ya. I would hang out with you if I could.

MAY THE GODDESS GRANT YOU PEACE AND TRANQUILITY!!

MY BLOG IS NOW CONVENIENTLY LOCATED HERE!!
[UPDATED: 4/30/2017]

Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: