raging vortex has no updates.

My Mood: I was shown a picture of myself

5 yr Member
1,821 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default I was shown a picture of myself

andn ow I'm freaking out.

so long story short, I was with someone today who had something to show me upstairs

what she had to show me was a keyring, and on the keyring, was a picture of me enjoying a theme park ride, when I was little and we'd gone together as kids.

I completely freaked out about it, and I told her please get rid of it.. I don't have any of these lying about, please get rid of it- but she said she doesn't want to, because it's a happy memory- which I can understand in a way.. but how do I deal with this?

I'm now thinking well.. it has to go, all pictures of me have to be destroyed- so does this one

but also.. well, she has every right to keep happy memories- of course she does.

help...
raging vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 06-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
TheLonelyChemist
Grand Poohbah

TheLonelyChemist has no updates.

1,407 hugs
given
Default Re: I was shown a picture of myself

I believe you suffer from shame because of your body size as a child. Were you abused as a child? What makes you so afraid of the photo? I suggest you to let that person keep her memories and realize it's not the end of the world if you get mocked for your body size. This is coming from someone who weighs 100kg and is seventeen years old.

If it is going too far (you're generally afraid of your body size) I suggest you to get help from your GP who will decide further actions.
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 06-09-2018, 06:15 AM   #3
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison

5 yr Member
1,821 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyChemist View Post
I believe you suffer from shame because of your body size as a child. Were you abused as a child? What makes you so afraid of the photo? I suggest you to let that person keep her memories and realize it's not the end of the world if you get mocked for your body size. This is coming from someone who weighs 100kg and is seventeen years old.

If it is going too far (you're generally afraid of your body size) I suggest you to get help from your GP who will decide further actions.

I was abused as a child, heavily by my parents.

afraid of my body then, afraid of it now

take a look at one of my other threads- it's about having all my pictures destroyed, and not owning a single one in the house

this one needs to be destroyed too. for my own sanity
Old 06-09-2018, 06:39 AM   #4
TheLonelyChemist
Grand Poohbah

1,407 hugs
given

Me too. I even have a Traumatic Brain Injury because of it. But see me, I am entering B.S in pharmaceutical sciences. I am trying to help other people with mental illness after learning how horrible they're. My parents still abuse me and my only hope is to live at a hostel at my college. That seems like a terrible idea to me because my social skills are very limited to say at least. I am like the character Elliot Alderson.

But don't let it define you. Does a scar on your face define your face? If it's small, good, people won't notice, but if it's large, you can always seek professional help. But it won't define your face unless some horror writer uses the word 'scarred.'

Do your best, seek help, and forget the rest. Let the person you mentioned have your pictures. At the worst you'll be laughed at, but nothing other than that. People have laughed at me whole life and I know you think I have have the potential to be a psychotherapist. Coming from someone who cannot get any psychotherapy because his doc believes it's too complicated. (Not blaming him or anything, just telling the truth.)
Hugs from:
Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison

5 yr Member
1,821 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyChemist View Post
Me too. I even have a Traumatic Brain Injury because of it. But see me, I am entering B.S in pharmaceutical sciences. I am trying to help other people with mental illness after learning how horrible they're. My parents still abuse me and my only hope is to live at a hostel at my college. That seems like a terrible idea to me because my social skills are very limited to say at least. I am like the character Elliot Alderson.

But don't let it define you. Does a scar on your face define your face? If it's small, good, people won't notice, but if it's large, you can always seek professional help. But it won't define your face unless some horror writer uses the word 'scarred.'

Do your best, seek help, and forget the rest. Let the person you mentioned have your pictures. At the worst you'll be laughed at, but nothing other than that. People have laughed at me whole life and I know you think I have have the potential to be a psychotherapist. Coming from someone who cannot get any psychotherapy because his doc believes it's too complicated. (Not blaming him or anything, just telling the truth.)

who is Elliot Alderson. I've never heard of him.

it's good you're trying to help others. yay
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-10-2018, 01:00 PM   #6
TheLonelyChemist
Grand Poohbah

1,407 hugs
given

Elliot Alderson is the protagonist of the hacker-drama series Mr.Robot.

He suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder, Clinical Depression and Social Anxiety and had a bad childhood, has poor social skills like me.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison

5 yr Member
1,821 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'll have to check it out.

the name sounds familiar (like I think I've heard someone mention it), but not actually checked it out.

if I remember it was because it was on one of these streaming services.. your amazon prime, netflix, etc. I don't use all that
Old 06-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #8
TheLonelyChemist
Grand Poohbah

1,407 hugs
given

Neither do I. I am not independent enough. And probably never will be. It's just my luck. I read (present tense) about the series and watch some YouTube videos on it.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:25 PM   #9
Heartshapetattoo
Heartshapetattoo has no updates.

2 hugs
given

Hi. Im a musician and lover of social situations. Which is odd because im schizophrenic, i hear voices in crowds especially. Im over weight and was abused physically by peers in my youth. I have alot of ptsd from this. But i overcome my fears alot. It just takes knowing yourself.